Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

First UK Pitbull Amnesty Begins

The United Kingdom's first amnesty for pit bull terriers has begun in County Antrim.

Owners of the illegal breed of dogs who live in the Ballymena area have been given the month of January to hand in animals without fear of prosecution.

On Monday, a five-year-old girl was mauled to death by a pit bull terrier type dog, on Merseyside.

Ballymena council dog warden Nigel Devine said 14 dogs had been checked and most turned out to be legal breeds.

"There was one gentleman whose girlfriend or wife was about to have a baby. They contacted us asking us to come and check the dogs," Mr Devine said.

"Out of their four dogs, two were confirmed pit bull and two weren't. Those two dogs are being brought in.

"The vast majority that we have checked are from a family background. They have children. It is reassuring for them that they don't have a dog that at any time could turn on them."

The idea for an amnesty followed a pit bull attack on a family in County Antrim in November.

Sean and Deirdre Doherty, their son Ben and a family friend escaped with only minor injuries after an horrific attack by a pitbull-type dog in Randalstown Forest Park.

Recalling the incident, Mrs Doherty said someone would have been killed if the family's pet labrador, Troy, had not fought the dog off.

Troy died following the attack.

"(The dog) turned me on my back and was quite literally going to rip my face off when my husband got it from behind and pulled it off me," Mrs Doherty said.

"The dog then broke free from my husband and went after the kids, it was just about to pull them down from behind when Ben's dog (Troy) dived into the side of the dog and pulled it away from Ben and down into the gully."

However, an east Belfast teenager who has a pet pit bull said the dog is like her "baby".

The 18-year-old, who did not want to give her name, said: ''She's just over an year, she's happy enough running about the house and gets on well with everyone who calls in. She's like our child."

Puppy love

She said she was able to control the dog, but had some concerns.

"It's just sort of with kids, you know the way kids can be rough and I'd be scared of a kid hurting her, not meaning to and then she'd maybe snap, but she wouldn't just go for a kid.

"Obviously if someone was annoying her she'd go for them, but not just out of the blue.

"There have been times when we've been out that people would say: 'That's a pit bull.' But she wouldn't do anything.

"But there's people who look at her thinking 'that dog's evil', and I know she's not like that.

"She's not vicious towards anyone, unless someone was annoying her, but not with people just stroking her.

"It would be a disgrace if people's pit bulls were just taken off them and destroyed. You love your dog, it's like your child".

Source
    Lík börn leika best.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Re: First UK pit bull amnesty begins

Pit Bulls are only dangerous in the hands of those who cannot handle them and/or taught them to be dangerous. I have only made good experiences with "dangerous dogs", in most occasions they were actually very nice to children, never aggressive to anyone .

Either way, statistics rank most "dangerous dogs" as pretty low as regards bite-friendly-ness; if we're talking about frequency of biting, you have the common sausage dog or the German Shepherd right on the top, you have the Pit Bull ranked as fourth least bite-friendly...so much for dangerous dogs.

Dangerous dogs are then demonized by the media, and they are certainly no less vicious than other dogs. Just as we Nationalists are the root of all human evil to them, "Dangerous Dogs" are the root of all animal evil to them; needless to say, wrongly so.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Like I expected - the owner of the dog who killed the five year old was not the kind of person that would be considered a "sensible dog owner". And it confirms what I have said: Dangerous dogs are only dangerous in the hands of the wrong people...

Killer dog owner 'was drugs dealer'
    Press Association
    Wednesday January 3, 2007 11:28 AM

A man whose dog killed five-year-old Ellie Lawrenson has a conviction for drug dealing, it has been reported.

Kiel Simpson, 23, who is Ellie's uncle, was sentenced to 21 months in a young offenders' institution in 2003 for possessing £24,000 worth of cannabis with intent to supply.

He pleaded guilty at Liverpool Crown Court after police discovered 18 blocks of cannabis resin, weighing 19.8 kilos, in the boot of his Volkswagen Golf.

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said she was unable to comment on the conviction, which was reported in the Daily Mirror, due to data protection rules.

On Tuesday it emerged Mr Simpson could be prosecuted under the Dangerous Dogs Act after it was confirmed his dog was a pit bull terrier type.

His niece Ellie was mauled to death at her grandmother's home in St Helens, Merseyside, in the early hours of New Year's Day. She was staying there while her parents, Lyndsey Simpson and Darren Lawrenson, aged 24 and 30, celebrated the new year.

Members of Ellie's family on Tuesday night wept and hugged each other as they laid flowers at the police cordon outside the house where the attack took place.

The dog, a one-year-old male named Reuben, was owned by Mr Simpson, who lived in the same house. The animal was shot dead at the scene by police marksmen. Its corpse was examined by a dog expert from the Metropolitan Police, who confirmed that the animal was a "pit bull terrier type".

Pit bulls are one of four breeds banned under the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act, and anyone proved to have flouted the law could be jailed for six months.

Superintendent John Ward, of Merseyside Police, said: "An assessment has been made by a recognised expert on the Dangerous Dogs Act, from the Metropolitan Police, and he has confirmed that the dog was a pit bull terrier type. The results of this post-mortem will now be included in the investigation and we will be speaking to all family members about the circumstances leading up to this tragedy."

Source
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

hearthtender
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Saturday, July 31st, 2010 @ 07:14 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Irish
    Ancestry
    Swedish Irish ?English?
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Mother
    Politics
    Classical liberal
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

There are some dogs that have a statistacly higher chance of randomly attacking people without cause or abusive owners. Chow chow and top of the list. Rotweilers may have similar triggers as well as domermans. Pitts can go either way depending on breeding and how they are raised.
    I have never had one of the purebread european 'agressive' breeds but i had a purbread Akita for ten years. She took some serious training but was a good dog. She wanted to hunt but was very good with puppies and children once she saw one of the people down the street yelling at their 8-9 year old son she got betwen the two and gave the man a low growl. She was not a barker.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave.
    "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." Dag Hammarskjold
    "Children know the truth. Love is not an emotion. Love is behavior." Andrew Vachss

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I fully support a ban. Who needs a dog that has only been bred for dog-fighting? Its very shape make it far more difficult to fend off, and far more likely to seriously maim than ordinary types of dog. People talk about it being down to bad owners, but I only know bad irresponsible people who want such a dog.
    My argument here is the same as my unpopular stance on the legality of sick films portraying torture and other deviancies that are harmful to society. Some people think they're able to deal with them, and therefore shouldn't be banned from having access to them, but there are far more people, with low educational and moral levels, who aren't so psychologically capable of doing so, and who should be protected from themselves, and in doing so, protecting the general public.
    I remember a lot of similar cases around ten years ago, and don't think that people's freedom to own an unnecessary vanity such as a tough dog is worth the life, or indeed face, of a single child.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

THe mother of a good friend was bitten by a common "sausage dog" and has not gone anywhere close any dogs ever since.
    Then I have to compare this with our former neighbour at our garden house, who has a female Rottweiler; the comparison is for the "dangerous dog": It is a well-bred animal, that is as nice to little children as the she-wolf of Rome and likes to guard them. This dog could not hurt a fly, is probably one of the most well-disposed dogs I have ever come across.

Pretty much all the sensible owners I know have sensible dogs, the reckless ones reckless dogs, the annoyed-24/7 ones have aggressive dogs...it's all a matter of how you teach the animal, and what kind of exampel you are...and after all the first command I'll teach a dog with a strong jaw doesn't have to be "catch"/"bite", does it?!

I can teach a sausage dog to bite everyone it comes across, just as well as I can teach a Staffordshire Terrier to be my lapdog.

but I only know bad irresponsible people who want such a dog.
    Since I want to have one when I am older, I will gladly settle down in the row of bad irresponsible people you know?

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 03:15 PM
    Subrace
    Skando-Nordid->CM
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

If the dogs mannerisms are all down to how it's taught, then fair enough.
    BUT, some dogs have the capacity to kill when not taught right, And some Dogs haven't got the capacity to kill a Human when not taught right.
    Tired

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Eirikson View Post
    THe mother of a good friend was bitten by a common "sausage dog" and has not gone anywhere close any dogs ever since.
    Did she then need a face transplant? Was there a danger of death?

I would rather be savaged by this

than this

Then I have to compare this with our former neighbour at our garden house, who has a female Rottweiler; the comparison is for the "dangerous dog": It is a well-bred animal, that is as nice to little children as the she-wolf of Rome and likes to guard them. This dog could not hurt a fly, is probably one of the most well-disposed dogs I have ever come across.
    I have known good Rottweilers too, but the difference is that these dogs have an obvious use - they are good guard dogs.
    Pretty much all the sensible owners I know have sensible dogs, the reckless ones reckless dogs, the annoyed-24/7 ones have aggressive dogs...it's all a matter of how you teach the animal, and what kind of exampel you are...and after all the first command I'll teach a dog with a strong jaw doesn't have to be "catch"/"bite", does it?!
    And since there'll never be a shortage of reckless people on Earth, don't we owe a little protection to young children from having their faces chewed off?
    Since I want to have one when I am older, I will gladly settle down in the row of bad irresponsible people you know?
    Maybe you'll grow out of this...

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    298 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    And since there'll never be a shortage of reckless people on Earth, don't we owe a little protection to young children from having their faces chewed off?
    I agree. And that includes not administering these dogs to people with a significant criminal record (the owner of the aggressive dog in this case a drug dealer; the same as the Algerian whose dog's bite started a crusade against "Dangerous Dogs" in Germany a few years back - that one was a dealer too, as far as I am aware!)

If you check the people before you allow them to have such a dog, that is enough protection IMO. You cannot demonise an entire race of dog just because some people are not responsible enough. A friend grew up around a Pit Bull, and she still has all her arms and legs, so they can't be all aggressive. The demonisation these dogs receive from the media is not much different from the demonisation we Nationalists receive, too: According to the BBC, we're probably all running around with baseball bats, beating everyone we see. Needless to say, there's more to it.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd Eirikson View Post
    If you check the people before you allow them to have such a dog, that is enough protection IMO.
    Too much paperwork. Too much room for argument. Too much room for downright dishonesty.
    Far easier to enforce a total ban.
    You cannot demonise an entire race of dog just because some people are not responsible enough.
    You can't equate this with human races! And even if you could, it's a FOREIGN race to the UK, and shouldn't be introduced here. Our old traditional breeds should be more emphasised. I'm sick of seeing rich idiots showing off their exotic Asian breeds, whose only attraction is the novelty and rarity value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast