Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saddam Hussein Executed/Full Video

Saddam Hussein executed

Friday, December 29, 2006

By LARRY KAPLOW

Cox News Service

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Saddam Hussein was hanged just before dawn today, dramatically ending the life of the once-feared Iraqi dictator less than two months after his conviction for crimes against humanity.

Death came about 6 a.m. Baghdad time (8 p.m. MST Friday), according to Iraq’s state-run television.

The location was not immediately disclosed, nor were the names those who witnessed the execution. But there were media reports that some in attendance danced in celebration after the hanging.

There were conflicting reports as to the executions of two others — Saddam’s half-brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the former chief justice of the Revolutionary Court.

An announcer on state-run Iraqiya television said the “criminal Saddam was hanged to death and the execution started with criminal Saddam, then Barzan, then Awad al-Bandar.”

A conflicting report surfaced later when Iraqi National Security Advisor Mouwafak al-Rubaie told the same state television channel that the executions of Barzan and al-Bandar had been postponed.

There was no immediate word on what would be done with Saddam’s body. Reuters news agency reported that Saddam’s daughter Raghd, who is exiled in Jordan, wants his body buried temporarily in Yemen in hopes it can eventually be reburied in Iraq.

The capital was mostly quiet early Saturday following the normal overnight curfew, but some celebratory gunfire was heard following Arabic language media reports of the hangings. Security had been tightened leading up to the execution amid concerns that it would touch off reprisal attacks and a new cycle of sectarian bloodshed.[/quote]
    http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/conte...dam_hangs.html

Last Online
    Monday, March 26th, 2007 @ 10:58 AM
    Subrace
    fälisch
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Single, looking
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    röm.-kath.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Saddam Hussein executed

What can be better for him as to be executed by the slaves of a foreign power? He died as an arabian martyrer. I think in a few years nobody will ask what he done with the people of Kurdistan or the Schiits. His reign was more or less normal for an arabian country. In the memory of the arabians it will be more importent that he fight the american superpower.
    His whole acting in the last month where in this style, as an fighter and martyrer for the Iraq.
    "I drink a glas of german wine I drift in dreams of other lifes and greater times."

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavaria
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They killed a secular head of state that held the country together, and replaced him with a US puppet regime and religious anarchy while Iran emerged as the new power in the Islamic world, Europe saw its first Islamic bombings (more to come), and the US is hated almost everywhere but most of all in "liberated" Iraq - oh, the irony . But at least the Jews got their ultimate revenge by hanging an arab leader who supported the Palestinians which was their goal all along. As usual, the Bush administration was just a tool in the hands of the Zionists

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 @ 11:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

A good week to bury bad news as they say. An illegal war resulting in the execution of the head of a sovereign state. It almost defies belief unless you remember who is behind it. One reporter on BBC news said of the few cheering Iraqis [something like] "How hard was it to pay that pitiful crowd to jump around?"

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    467 Posts

Well, I guess this is what George Bush wanted. This is why we invaded Iraq. Nearly 3,000 American servicemen killed, tens of thousands wounded (many with missing limbs), over 600,000 dead Iraqis, a civil war in Iraq, all with a pricetag approaching one trillion dollars, George Bush has finally even the score. I can't remember why it was that Bush wanted Saddam dead.

George Bush had better pray that the US never has an extradition treaty with Iraq.

American Couch Potato
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Norðvestrid/NW. Nordid
    Country
    Ball Breaker
    Politics
    Hunting the Enemy
    Religion
    Children of Tyr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I was strangely surprised to find myself saddened by the death of Saddam. I'm for the death penalty, but this seemed more like a publicity event rather than the cold hand of blind justice.

Γνώθι σεαυτόν

AW: Saddam Hussein executed

The war as well as the killing were illegal, yes.

On the other hand I won't complain about what a good guy he was though I wouldn't deny him all of his advantages and abilities.

I think for us Europeans it's the best what could have happened in this situation; a martyr he may be and troubles may come, but I think there'd be much more of it if he was still alive and if he still was in Iraq; we ended the main part.
    Chaos would be following and thus soldiers, European soldiers, would be sent down there and that's nothing I'm looking forward to.

I know, the evil in this case would still be the US and not Saddam, but as long as European capitals blindly obey the best way to avoid trouble is to eliminate dissident countries.

These thoughts may be immoral but Iraq isn't on my cultural map thus my personal peace is more important to me than their righteous treatment.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 @ 01:59 AM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    Scottish, Alsatian
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Am I the only one who felt no emotion, good or bad, over this? Things like this are nothing new for history at all. All of you act like this is shocking and has never happened before. My only thought was that if the government does not want him to be martyred, they should bury him with a pig.

Γνώθι σεαυτόν

AW: Re: Saddam Hussein executed

Quote Originally Posted by Brunnhilde View Post
    Am I the only one who felt no emotion, good or bad, over this?
    Do you really believe it's this one single dead person we're thinking about ?

Do you think it's emotion and not rational thinking about what comes next and how we'll be involved into it ?

Spend a minute to ponder...

BTW: Was it "emotion" that made you change your signature from " A bird never soars too high if it soars with its own wings." into that ? Hehe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast