Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Should I get with the times?

Well after spending hours in the kitchen cooking (menu:homemade pumpkin (homegrown) soup, beef casserole, & a lemon (homegrown) pudding) I stood there in amazement & horror at the stack of dirty dishes/pots/pans it took just to prepare a decent nights feed.
    With no dishwasher, I rolled up my sleeves and commenced with the washing of the dishes and getting the kitchen back to it original clean state..(considering the amount of dishes..this also also took forever)....

My point with this example is am I a fool to go to all this trouble for a meal in these modern times of frozen & tinned, instant food, dishwashers etc. I tend to shy away from modern appliances, gadgets, etc...everything in my opinion that just makes the modern civilization lazy & complacent. When the Summer comes I don't sit in a air conditioned house (I go for a swim), nor when the cold comes I do not have a damn heater (I wear a wool coat). I don't have a mobile phone, a TV in every room of the house, I spend alot of time planting & nurturing my trees & herbs (while others around me do nothing for the environment with their tree-less barren backyards :angry),...

I could go on but I don't want to rant. I only got a computer about 6 months ago, only for a necessity to record my music with, & even this disgusts me. (I hate computers & the internet..but here I am bloody using it)..the modern evils are starting to seduce me into a person I so criticise.

We need to keep the old traditions alive & not be too reliant on these modern wonders that (appears) to make our lives seem easier & more fulfilling. It is lie.... and damaging to our true spirit. The modern world with all it shiny new toys is breeding a race of weaklings & loss of character.......Enough said. This Post is long enough. :fknight:

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 26th, 2004 @ 05:34 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Politics
    Creator
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Should I get with the times?

I wish I could cook and all that stuff. I'm jealous! You must keep being a real women for those of us who were never granted the ability! (My mom decided i was a lost cause when i told her i was going to join the army, so she taught my sister all the necessary stay-at-home-mom type stuff.) I can cook some mean ramen noodles yea...

Jealous I say...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Cooking is a science and an art. It takes real work to become a good cook, a lot of time and effort. Anyone can become a good cook if they have the desire.

American Couch Potato
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Subrace
    Norðvestrid/NW. Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Ball Breaker
    Politics
    Hunting the Enemy
    Religion
    Children of Tyr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Should I get with the times?

I tried impressing the ladies this weekend by cooking for them, but was depressed to see no one ate my masterpiece cheese omelette. I worked in a restaurant for a few years and can cook some serious meals. I would prefer a woman who cooks better than I do though. I'm a hungry man. I don't waste time with all of that frozen microwave nonsense. Washing dishes isn't so bad
    You should get a George Foreman grill. Its tough to get a true grill going here at the condo so I picked up one of them a couple of years back. It makes good burgers/dogs/bacon, but kick ass grilled chicken. Plus they're easy to clean.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Should I get with the times?

[QUOTE=AngryPotato]I tried impressing the ladies this weekend by cooking for them, but was depressed to see no one ate my masterpiece cheese omelette.

Is that true? What an insult! I would have eaten some. I love men that can cook. My boyfriend can also cook, but he thinks I do it better... ...so naturally I have control of my kitchen...and all the dirty dishes! Actually I have found that alot men don't mind washing up....maybe because they don't do it very often. They never want to clean the toilet or the kitty litter tray though! I would have to bark out the orders to get that done.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm a good cook and do like cooking. But ya, lot of time to prepare. I hate doing dishes. Dishwasher is something that only cost couple hundred dollars. Buy a used one if need be. Having said that, I haven't cooked in probably a year and a half. I eat out every day.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Last Online
    Monday, April 4th, 2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cosmocreator
    I'm a good cook and do like cooking. But ya, lot of time to prepare. I hate doing dishes. Dishwasher is something that only cost couple hundred dollars. Buy a used one if need be. Having said that, I haven't cooked in probably a year and a half. I eat out every day.
    I have considered becoming a cook as a second career; at least there are jobs available if you are willing to work odd hours. It isn't paid well, but one can eat at work and save a lot of money that way.

I've worked in kitchens since I was a teenager and I doubt there are many tricks I could still learn.
    And all my youth passed by sad-hearted,
    the joy of Spring was never mine;
    Autumn blows through me dread of parting,
    and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm with you SKADI! Steer clear of modern consumerism and all the luxurious trappings that it has to "offer". My philososophy has always been to keep things simple (materially), be handy and creative with the 'things' that I have, learn how to make and fix 'things', stay away from McMeals et al....

Nerthus mit uns!

None
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, April 3rd, 2006 @ 09:17 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My home had a dishwasher in it when I moved in six years ago. I gave it away to one of the border borthers putting in my new carpet. I've never used one and I think they are a essentially a waste.

Cooking would be so much more fun without dirty dishes to wash afterwards. I need a maid.

Last Online
    Thursday, March 15th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wink Re: Should I get with the times?

Quote Originally Posted by Allenson
    I'm with you SKADI! Steer clear of modern consumerism and all the luxurious trappings that it has to "offer". My philososophy has always been to keep things simple (materially), be handy and creative with the 'things' that I have, learn how to make and fix 'things', stay away from McMeals et al....

Nerthus mit uns!

You are the first person to actually mention my real cause for posting this Thread.
    Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast