Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Smile Any Homebrewer's Here?

I have been brewing beer for about 9 years now.(mostly pale lagers, draught, dark ales, stout, apple cider). I originally started because of my love of beer & also to save money & a healthier option to the commercial brands..(though I still like these as well.. ).

Does anyone else brew on this forum? I would like to hear if you have any interesting tips or secrets that you may use in your brews.
    Also your alkohol percentage, methods, effects after consumption...etc..

Last Online
    Saturday, January 13th, 2007 @ 09:38 AM
    Subrace
    Intermarine (Arya)
    Country
    European Union European Union
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Any Homebrewer's Here?

I would like to start, however, not enough time or willpower.

I thought about buying the beer machine once...but I can't imagine it produces drinkable beer.

panakoroll

Thumbs Up Re: Any Homebrewer's Here?

Quote Originally Posted by SKADI
    I have been brewing beer for about 9 years now.(mostly pale lagers, draught, dark ales, stout, apple cider). I originally started because of my love of beer & also to save money & a healthier option to the commercial brands..(though I still like these as well.. ).

Does anyone else brew on this forum? I would like to hear if you have any interesting tips or secrets that you may use in your brews.
    Also your alkohol percentage, methods, effects after consumption...etc..
    Oooha, I'm brewer and my method is simply 2 pots. I have been brewing for only 2 years and I think that even the ultimate bonehead can make good beer from malt extract, Saaz hops and any yeast. Well, I do it this way at least.

My best - great spicy wheat beer.

(No allergic enteritis, intestinal catarrh, infantile diarrhoea, alvine flux, tormen celsi, evacuation, lienteric or climatic or dysenteric diarrhoea have occured.)

panakoroll

Post All the Homebrewer's Here.

Quote Originally Posted by panakoroll

(No allergic enteritis, intestinal catarrh, infantile diarrhoea, alvine flux, tormen celsi, evacuation, lienteric or climatic or dysenteric diarrhoea have occured.)

In fact, I have some fermenting beer nerby right now - allgrain pale ale of about 14° platto.

Beer - or the fermented beverage made from grain - was the first food of the first agrarians (that mad men from Anatolia). And it's still the most important staple for the Czech nation nowadays.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 11th, 2010 @ 12:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Germanic
    Ancestry
    Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordalpinoid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Engraving
    Religion
    Gnesio evangelical catholick
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile Re: Any Homebrewer's Here?

Hi!

I brew meads, fruit wines and ciders. Though I like beer, my friends (we have a local informal brewing group) already make some great ones, so we trade with eachother. I prefer straight, dry mead, made the natural way (boiled) without sulfites. I use saccharomyces cerivisiae for strength and durability, also because of my warm climate. Local honey (white sage or purple sage) from Californian inland agricultural regions was used. For pH adjustments a lemon or two will do. It has a nice flavor and dryness, and meads made in this way have had a pleasant taste (IMO) and strong though perhaps slightly brief effect. The most commended beverage I've had the honor of sharing with others was Cyser (made half raw 8-apple cider, half honey-must). Sure to please all. Also have enjoyed meads with adjunct of plum, blackcurrant and blueberry (this last one is sure to please ladies more than plain mead for some reason). A friend from Denmark recommended to me what she called an ancient tradition in the farming communities, which is, the mixing down of the mead with lager/pilsner type beer to a ratio of about 1:1. This is a successful drink in many ways.

-Thiudans