Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Lizzie Borden took an ax...

Lizzie Borden took an ax

Gave her mother forty whacks;

When she saw what she had done

She gave her father forty-one!

An interesting website about Lizzie Borden and the ax murder of her parents.

http://www.curiouschapbooks.com/Cata...dy_cntnts.html

Turman found a copy of The Graduate, and thought highly enough of the story that he made a movie he considered to be 90-percent faithful to the book.

But Turman and director Mike Nichols made one key adaptation, changing the Braddocks from WASP-y blonde characters into a dark-haired, more ethnic-looking family.

From NPR's Present at the Creation

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/graduate/

http://www.norcalmovies.com/TheGraduate/tg11.jpg

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Post Re: Lizzie Borden took an ax...

At Uni we were discussing this play that was based around Lizzie Borden's life ("Blood Relations") and there was a nice long discussion about patriarchal society and the "oppression of women" that lead to her actions Since she was 34 and forced to live at home because of society's standards, it forced her to kill I could understand that to an extent, but I hated all the feminist bullshit intertwined. If you really don't like your life and the standards of society, you don't have to live by them*. Lizzie Borden proved this by killing her dad and step-mother, and gaining herself a nice little home of her own LOL

*it doesnt have to have anything to do with patriarchy, the oppression of women, etc...
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 25th, 2008 @ 08:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandi
    Subrace
    Other
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Ohio Ohio
    Single adult
    Occupation
    work
    Politics
    independent
    Religion
    seeking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Lizzie Borden took an ax...

Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    At Uni we were discussing this play that was based around Lizzie Borden's life ("Blood Relations") and there was a nice long discussion about patriarchal society and the "oppression of women" that lead to her actions Since she was 34 and forced to live at home because of society's standards, it forced her to kill I could understand that to an extent, but I hated all the feminist bullshit intertwined. If you really don't like your life and the standards of society, you don't have to live by them*. Lizzie Borden proved this by killing her dad and step-mother, and gaining herself a nice little home of her own LOL

*it doesnt have to have anything to do with patriarchy, the oppression of women, etc...
    LOL! I had never thought of Lizzie being a "feminist hero" but she was rumored to have been a lesbian and she did kill her father after all. Yeah, I get sick of the multi-cult having to mix into everything to, kind of like an opportunistic virus or a bacteria colony. Then they mix it in with what they teach thruout society without benefit of letting you know they are Marxist, aka also known as lying thru ommision.

I ran into a site today (ifeminist.com) that explained that the modern feminism as taught at the universities comes directly from the Communist Manifesto of 1848 ie "What is the present family based on? On capitalism, the acquisition of private property...The bourgeois sees in his wife nothing but an instrument of production."

This is the article specifically about Marx and feminism

http://www.ifeminists.net/introducti...06roberts.html

There certainly were problems, no question, and still are between the sexes. One time I was rather amazed to find that even till about 1910 women by law were required to have permission by their fathers to marry in the Netherlands till, get this, age 30; that's over the top. These problems can be faced squarely without one being a rad-lib; that's a false dichtomy presented that either one is a rad-lib or not. I place Marxism (ie Multi-cult) as a just about messianic religious cult right in there with Jehova's Witnesses, Moonies, and Jim Jones (of Guyana and Kool-Aid fame) except with the blood of a hundred millions on its hands (it has yet to answer for) a far, far, more dangerous one.
    Last edited by Gladstone; Monday, February 16th, 2004 at 05:31 AM.
    Turman found a copy of The Graduate, and thought highly enough of the story that he made a movie he considered to be 90-percent faithful to the book.

But Turman and director Mike Nichols made one key adaptation, changing the Braddocks from WASP-y blonde characters into a dark-haired, more ethnic-looking family.

From NPR's Present at the Creation

http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/patc/graduate/

http://www.norcalmovies.com/TheGraduate/tg11.jpg