View Poll Results: Is It Ok To Have Friends Of Another Race?

Voters
881. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

477 54.14%
  • No

199 22.59%
  • It depends

205 23.27%
Page 1 of 82 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Have Non-White Friends? Is it OK to Have Friends of Another Race?

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 @ 11:55 PM
    Country
    United States United States
    irrelevant.
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Do You Have Non-White Friends? Is it OK to Have Friends of Another Race?

Which of the choices comes closest to your opinion? Please notice that this is a question about inter-racial friendship only, and not inter-racial romance or inter-racial marriage
    hail Arminius

Last Online
    Sunday, November 5th, 2006 @ 09:46 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Family
    Newly wed
    Occupation
    Political Scientist
    Politics
    Racial Communitarian
    Religion
    Neoplatonic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Is inter-racial friendship OK?

I don't see anything wrong with having nonwhite friends. I simply dislike people who fetishize it.
    The Phora

"There are no principles; there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior man espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them. If there were principles and fixed laws, nations would not change them as we change our shirts and a man can not be expected to be wiser than an entire nation."
    —Honoré de Balzac

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FadeTheButcher For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, October 8th, 2005 @ 09:20 PM
    Subrace
    Brunn/Atlantid/Corded
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Third Position
    Religion
    Nontheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People throw the word "friend" around very loosely these days when what they really mean to say is an acquaintance. Let's be honest if you were arrested and sent to jail how many of these so-called "friends" would come bail you out? or attend your funeral? A true friend is someone you can trust, as you would a blood relative.

I don't have a problem with acquaintances of other races or business partners to an extent; however, friendship is an entirely different matter.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 8th, 2005 @ 03:45 PM
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnid/Dinarid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Politics
    Conservative Christian
    Religion
    Uniate, Greek-Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krampus
    ... someone you can trust, as you would a blood relative.
    Off topic, sorry. Do you think you can trust so much your blood relatives?

And second, I think for being a friend with somebody, you must have something in common. I don't know for example, preocupations, ideas, mentality, culture... you name it. Personally, it did not happen to me to have found a person of another race with which I could really be a friend and it is not about the fact he/she just had another race. That's why I think race is a second plan issue in a friendship. That's why I voted for "Yes, it's ok."

Post Is inter-racial friendship OK? Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Sigrun Christianson
    I think it should generally be avoided. Friendship implies emotional attachment and while some are capable of setting limits, many others are not. If my children, for example, wanted darkie playmates, that would be strictly off-limits....
    Indeed, yup, absolutely.

...However, I've had non-white friends in my life and it never resulted in any harm....
    I have never had any.

...and not just because I'm too ugly to look at.
    Well, young lady, this is T-Totally incorrect...fur-sure, fur-sure!

People throw the word "friend" around very loosely these days when what they really mean to say is an acquaintance. Let's be honest if you were arrested and sent to jail how many of these so-called "friends" would come bail you out? or attend your funeral? A true friend is someone you can trust, as you would a blood relative.

I don't have a problem with acquaintances of other races or business partners to an extent; however, friendship is an entirely different matter.
    WELL SAID!! and INDEED! I agree with you completely, Krampus, with the exception being that I personally would never go into any business ventures with non-Europids.

Last Online
    Monday, May 3rd, 2010 @ 07:45 PM
    Subrace
    Padanian
    Occupation
    Unknown
    Politics
    Isolationism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never had a non white friend.

I can see them as coworkers and treat them in a fair and educated way but still they are just pro-forma relationships, as i don't really need them in my life as true friends.

"E tutti si scandalizzano quando sentono dire: quel tale tipo di mammifero o di uccello ormai è sparito dalla faccia della terra, non lo vedremo più; è una grave perdita. Certo, si tratta di gravissime perdite.
    Ma non sarebbe forse più grave se sparisse una comunità umana?? --Bruno Salvadori

Seven pictures of northern European males and seven pictures of northern African males were presented randomly via a computer screen to 82 Italian female undergraduates of the University of Padua, Italy.
    Each picture depicted a full frontal face with a neutral facial expression. Participants were asked to classify each picture as either northern Italian or southern Italian.
    On average, the seven pictures depicting northern Europeans were classified as northern Italians 81% of the time. The seven pictures depicting northern Africans were classified as southern Italians 83%
    of the time.

Last Online
    Thursday, April 16th, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Hyperborean
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    "Plebej by choice"
    Politics
    Conservative Revolution
    Religion
    Orthodoxy
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had some non-European friends, one of them mixed Moroccan-Finn; and he was sick in the head unfortunately. The other a mixed Ukrainian-Mongol Altaic. I get better of with him than with many of my Swedish fellows..or Russian..but that's because he's got very well adapted to Swedish culture.

One thing I, and even my mongol-Ukrainían friend, admit is that two different origins create personality problems, and empirically I find it true often.

My answer is: Of course it's ok. But however, all my non-Euro friends I got now are 'comrades', paradoxally.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Couldn't have said it better myself

Last Online
    Monday, June 6th, 2005 @ 02:03 AM
    Subrace
    Corded Pontid/Cro-Magnid
    Country
    Other Other
    Occupation
    Evil water sprite
    Politics
    laissez-faire
    Religion
    Impious free thinker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a couple of Korean girlfriends at school and get on with them fine, probably because they had been in the US for about 8-9 years. Otherwise most Asian students are not famous for their language skills and it would have been hard to get on with them. I also know a guy from one of my classes who is a Norwegian / Asian (not sure which part, could be Thailand, I suppose) mix, I could probably call him an acquaintance. I have no problems with having friends from other races but I never had a Black friend as I detest the Black culture in the US. I wouldn't have anything in common with people who listen to hip hop, talk like pimps and tie that weird-ass thing to their heads. I think it depends more on the refinement and the education level of the person than on race, non-whites in the US *generally* are not high on the education scale, that is especially true for Blacks, Hispanics and some Chinese.

Page 1 of 82 1234561151 ... LastLast