Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    56
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    Random pictures from the internet.

    Afghanistan



    Pakistan


    India


    Iran


    Ukraine



    Russia



    Lithunania



    Latvia



    Sweden

    Him not so much her


    Shetlands

    .

    IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

    http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

  2. #2
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    Monday, November 17th, 2008 @ 03:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    North Pontid/Iranid
    Subrace
    pontic steppe specimen
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    grad student
    Politics
    Nature rules, we participate.
    Religion
    Nature is universal, not equal
    Posts
    127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    some of these arent UP types at all, some are primarily nordid, irano-afghan, and a good deal with corded influences, many others appear mixed varients of osteuropids, some with UP involved, some without. Even examples "the last two" that seem to be from the Atlantic realm, not Eurasia.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    56
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    Quote Originally Posted by Bioblitzkrieg View Post
    some of these arent UP types at all, some are primarily nordid, irano-afghan, and a good deal with corded influences, many others appear mixed varients of osteuropids, some with UP involved, some without. Even examples "the last two" that seem to be from the Atlantic realm, not Eurasia.
    You have a Europid centric view of what it means to be UP. Not all UP types looked like Cro Magnon. It is my opinion, and I have no proof at this time, but I think those types above lived during the UP (40,000 to 10,000 years ago) in Central Asia.
    .

    IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

    http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

  4. #4
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    Monday, November 17th, 2008 @ 03:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    North Pontid/Iranid
    Subrace
    pontic steppe specimen
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    grad student
    Politics
    Nature rules, we participate.
    Religion
    Nature is universal, not equal
    Posts
    127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    well no offense but there are some holes in your theory to say the very least, like how do you think a gracialized Irano-afghan, or a nordid, or any of these people related to the Med family would exist before the neolithic? Id really love to hear why hunter gatherers would need slender and delicate skulls when hunting mammoth in the central eurasian steppes, these peoples all had UP ancestors, thats for sure, EVERYONE DOES, but most of them have since then through ethnographic developement become other ethnicities, All peoples were UP in the Upper Paleolithic time period, most of these peoples are not UP dominant now, its really an unwise remark to say im europid centric, if you looked at my other posts you'd see I mainly focus on Eurasian studies, involving gradients of Caucasoids as far west as the nomadic frontiers of China. The people you chose to line up are from very different backrounds, be they from Europe or not.

    Picture 1 and 2 are most likely Irano-afghans, if you want to claim again thier UP and my Eurocentric bias is missing the mark, please obtain your proof...

    Picture 3 is most likely a Med related person of the eastern realm for caucasoids, mixed with a little asiatic alpinid.

    picture 4 and 5 are predominantly Irano-afphan again.

    picture 6 has a strong nordic component with possible baltid and dinarid influence, maybe pontid too.

    Picture 7 is an east med mixed with oriental features, possibly asiatic alpinid or armenoid WITH UP INFLUENCE.

    picture 8 looks like a baltid or alpinid mixed with a pontid.

    picture 9 shows an individual with strong corded features, look at those brow ridges, with features that appear Med , pontid or Iranid I cant tell, maybe something in the middle.

    10 from lithuania is very nordid, possibly slight UP admixture, but predominently nordic, a good example in fact, but in no way UP, be it by european standards or Eurasian standards.

    the couple in 11 appear ladogan and baltid in the woman, and baltid/med for the male

    12 and 13 from Latvia look pred baltid and nordid for the woman and predominently nordid and north pontid for the male, with some corded influence hand in hand with his east nordid /north pontid stock.

    14 and 15 from sweden look pred nordid with slight UP influence in the robustness of thier skull for the male possible.

    16 and 17 look like the only strongly UP influenced people on your list, and thier most likely Paleoatlantid related, with 17 possibly having some brunn in him too

    it was only 50,000 years ago that Eurasiatic peoples seperated to form both groups, Caucasoid and Asian. Obviously not all UP looked like cro magnon, and Obviously all people were at one point UP, but these examples you posted are wrongly Assumed to be UP. By western or eastern standards of caucasoid classification, I may be a little off in my individual classifications, but these peoples are not a good cross example of any central Asian UP type. Go look up tocharians, Actual UP types with robust Nordid admixture as far west as china, or read up on proto-meds in eurasia, when they were transitioning from UP to modern type. No proof means a fart in the wind holds more wieght in an anthropological forum such as this .

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    56
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    Quote Originally Posted by Bioblitzkrieg View Post
    well no offense but there are some holes in your theory to say the very least, like how do you think a gracialized Irano-afghan, or a nordid, or any of these people related to the Med family would exist before the neolithic? Id really love to hear why hunter gatherers would need slender and delicate skulls when hunting mammoth in the central eurasian steppes, these peoples all had UP ancestors, thats for sure, EVERYONE DOES, but most of them have since then through ethnographic developement become other ethnicities, All peoples were UP in the Upper Paleolithic time period, most of these peoples are not UP dominant now, its really an unwise remark to say im europid centric, if you looked at my other posts you'd see I mainly focus on Eurasian studies, involving gradients of Caucasoids as far west as the nomadic frontiers of China. The people you chose to line up are from very different backrounds, be they from Europe or not.

    Picture 1 and 2 are most likely Irano-afghans, if you want to claim again thier UP and my Eurocentric bias is missing the mark, please obtain your proof...

    Picture 3 is most likely a Med related person of the eastern realm for caucasoids, mixed with a little asiatic alpinid.

    picture 4 and 5 are predominantly Irano-afphan again.

    picture 6 has a strong nordic component with possible baltid and dinarid influence, maybe pontid too.

    Picture 7 is an east med mixed with oriental features, possibly asiatic alpinid or armenoid WITH UP INFLUENCE.

    picture 8 looks like a baltid or alpinid mixed with a pontid.

    picture 9 shows an individual with strong corded features, look at those brow ridges, with features that appear Med , pontid or Iranid I cant tell, maybe something in the middle.

    10 from lithuania is very nordid, possibly slight UP admixture, but predominently nordic, a good example in fact, but in no way UP, be it by european standards or Eurasian standards.

    the couple in 11 appear ladogan and baltid in the woman, and baltid/med for the male

    12 and 13 from Latvia look pred baltid and nordid for the woman and predominently nordid and north pontid for the male, with some corded influence hand in hand with his east nordid /north pontid stock.

    14 and 15 from sweden look pred nordid with slight UP influence in the robustness of thier skull for the male possible.

    16 and 17 look like the only strongly UP influenced people on your list, and thier most likely Paleoatlantid related, with 17 possibly having some brunn in him too

    it was only 50,000 years ago that Eurasiatic peoples seperated to form both groups, Caucasoid and Asian. Obviously not all UP looked like cro magnon, and Obviously all people were at one point UP, but these examples you posted are wrongly Assumed to be UP. By western or eastern standards of caucasoid classification, I may be a little off in my individual classifications, but these peoples are not a good cross example of any central Asian UP type. Go look up tocharians, Actual UP types with robust Nordid admixture as far west as china, or read up on proto-meds in eurasia, when they were transitioning from UP to modern type. No proof means a fart in the wind holds more wieght in an anthropological forum such as this .
    No offense but you're going have to give up your early 20th century pov to understand me.

    I don't accept that Irano-Afghans and Nords are part of the Med family. The real Meds are those around the Mediterranean and are derived from Cro Magnon.

    Irano-Afghans and Nords have a different UP ancestor. Central Asian Steppes is the perfect terrain for this type to evolve the way it did. You are assuming that because this type entered Europe during the Neolithic, that they didn't exist before that.

    Asiatic Alpine? Does one wonder why I discard these terms like Alpine and Nordid? There is no such thing as an Asiatic Alpine or even Alpine for that matter. They are just a variation of an UP type. And the type found in the Middle East has a different UP source than the Cro Magnon in Europe. Though both share the same Middle Paleolithic ancestors.

    Tocharians were a Neolithic people that spoke a western IE language. Though they may share the same UP ancestors as Ïrano-Afghans.
    .

    IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

    http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

  6. #6
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    Monday, November 17th, 2008 @ 03:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    North Pontid/Iranid
    Subrace
    pontic steppe specimen
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    grad student
    Politics
    Nature rules, we participate.
    Religion
    Nature is universal, not equal
    Posts
    127
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    as to the alpinid question

    http://med1nuc11.dfc.unifi.it/linnet.../texts/p15.htm


    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=58376


    Dont get me wrong, regionally, different UP types underwent a proccess of alpisation, european CM didnt simply alpinise and colonize the entire eurasian belt, never said that, but this doesnt make them STILL a UP type in central asia, we cant just hop skip 10,000 years into the past to find commonality today. They have been reduced since then and form a group known as alpinid, be it in the west or the east.

    as to nordids



    http://med1nuc11.dfc.unifi.it/linnet.../texts/p27.htm

    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=59352

    The nordid is "albeit distantly" related to the older med family, with regional intermixture from CM and UP types, depending on region. Which gives us the various forms of nordids, Hallstatt, Faelid, Irano-nordid/eastnordid, with north atlantid and north pontid being western and eastern examples of people nearing the nordid spectrum. Once again, different and regionally based UP influences are certain, but they are no longer examples of UP specimens today, with exception to faelid, which is somewhere in the middle.

    as to irano-afghans and iranids in general

    http://med1nuc11.dfc.unifi.it/linnet.../texts/p17.htm

    http://med1nuc11.dfc.unifi.it/linnet.../texts/p18.htm

    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=61210

    This is some proof, im interested to know where you are getting yours from?
    Last edited by Bioblitzkrieg; Saturday, November 11th, 2006 at 06:53 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    cosmocreator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Gender
    Age
    56
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Posts
    3,850
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    What you provided is not proof but a point of view. Mine is another pov. If proof was provided there would be nothing to question. Perhaps there will never be proof.
    .

    IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

    http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

  8. #8
    Member
    Galaico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Gender
    Age
    38
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Posts
    937
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Re: Central Asian (Assumed) UP Types

    Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    What you provided is not proof but a point of view. Mine is another pov. If proof was provided there would be nothing to question. Perhaps there will never be proof.
    No offence, but the difference is that his point of view is sustained from an anthropological point of view, and yours isn't.

Similar Threads

  1. Major Study of Central Asian Populations
    By Roderic in forum Population Genetics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, October 18th, 2010, 02:37 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Tuesday, November 9th, 2004, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, April 8th, 2004, 04:42 PM
  4. Central Asian Y-Chromosome Analysis
    By Tore in forum Y-Chromosome (Y-DNA) Haplogroups
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Saturday, August 30th, 2003, 03:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •