Religion
    Heiðinn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Re: Post examples of living, predominantly Dinarid individuals

Quote Originally Posted by Theudiskaz View Post
    Adrien Brody is cleary predominantly Pontid, even North-Pontid, with Dinarid influence.
    This is why I think the word "predominant" doesn't work in these threads. Some people are a Dinarid base, + x, y, and/or z; which to my mind = an exemplar. When we talk about 'predominance', it becomes way too much of an eye-of-the-beholder thing. Pontids having smooth facial features, and characterized by a high skull, a narrow forehead, somewhat narrow apertures of the eyes, and a lighter pigmentation compared to the Mediterranid mean, Brody seems to fit that, as you assert, with Dinarisation. But as far as the Corded influence/intermediate of NordPontid...I hate these threads - they rely on words that are not readily quantifiable.

As you imply as well - here and elsewhere - I think we should shoot for exemplars in these threads - otherwise, I'm not sure of their point.

At any rate, I think you are right about Brody, Theudiskaz; but, in so far as Pontids are Dinaricised/Dinarid influenced/Dinaroid, I think that Brody exceeds the 'mean Dinarisation' (If I may be so bold ) of Pontids, making him an exemplar, but only within his base variant and relative to the 'mean Dinarisation' of other Europid subraces having Dinarid as a base constituent.
    "...The moral man is a lower species than the immoral, a weaker species; indeed - he is a type in regard to morality, but not a type in himself; a copy...the measure of his value lies outside him. ... I assess the power of a will by how much resistance, pain, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage; I do not account the evil and painful character of existence a reproach to it, but hope rather that it will one day be more evil and painful than hitherto..." (Nietzsche)

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Janos Hunyadi View Post
    Notice how it slopes downward. Dinarid noses aren't like that!
    This image you found of his nose could have been doctored (I took the liberty of zooming in). Either that or it's the expression he's pulling. It doesn't look anything like that in other pictures...

Compare:

His REAL nose is perfectly concave and leptorrhine, there's nothing 'fleshy' or Armenoid about it. And most people to have a bump in the middle of the nose where bone meets cartilege. It's natural. It doesn't mean they are money-hoarding, child-molesting Armenoids.

But nevertheless, there are several other things which speak against him being Armenoid: namely his strong and positive chin, his narrow face, and his relatively light pigmentation along with his tall and slender body type. He doesn't share much at all in common with the Armenoid examples from Coon:

Armenoid Dutch (Jewish) politician:

I still think he is a good example of Dinarid. If somebody told me he was from Italy or the Balkans I wouldn't hesitate to believe them. I have consulted friends from there and they have told me he would blend in perfectly. Even Dienekes has cited him as a good example.

http://dienekes.50webs.com/blog/archives/000074.html

I know Dinarics very well! Most people in my extended family tree are quite Dinarid influenced in one way or another. You just don't see many in the UK except for Albanian immigrants!
    And that sounds very patronising coming from someone living in America. There are a lot of Dinaric influenced Keltic-Nordics and Atlantids in my family; sometimes when the two types overlap they can produce mixes which are very similar to those on the plates you posted (even my mother looks rather Dinaric, I'd show you a picture but I respect her privacy).
    Last edited by Glynd Eastŵd; Friday, March 2nd, 2007 at 06:08 PM.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, July 5th, 2009 @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lope de Aguirre, died long ago but he's very striking.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456