Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Scientific Explanation for Hazel Eyes?

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 12:19 AM
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Hazel eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Lissu View Post
    So, hazel could also be called as dark mixed? Light mixed is usually used from eye colours that are a mix of blue, grey and/or greyish green. Dark mixed has been more of a mystery to me.
    yes, that's exactly what dark-mixed is light brown with some green and sometimes but rarely very little blue or gray along with the briwn. but the classic is a light brown with some or a little of green in it.

Last Online
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanushka-Supertzar View Post
    I always thought Hazel is some kind of light brown. But the colour of eyes Dragone posted is somewhat more complicated than that. It's mix of brown, yellow and green me thinks.

hazel (means nut) so of course is light brown, so sometimes that light brown have a little of green in them and they are still hazel. But when the color is mostly green the eye color is green. see the pics i posted.

Last Online
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    It depends. I don't know if this eye can be called light brown in any case.............

looks greynish green with little bit of brown in the middle doesn't make the eye brown.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, December 25th, 2009 @ 02:12 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Here View Post
    see the pics i posted.
    The lighting is too dark - it's hard to determine the colour. Something between green and brown.

Account Inactive California Love's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, November 9th, 2006 @ 06:30 AM
    Subrace
    East-Nordid/Hallstatt-Noric
    Country
    United States United States
    Conservative-Capitalism
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, I always thought hazel was anything with light brown, green, and blue, or some combination of the three mixed in, with one color usually being the dominant one, but it doesnt really matter which?

Last Online
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Last Online
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

these are good example of hazel eyes. ligh brown with yeloowish-green shade stronger in the light. With only sometimes very little blue-gray in it.

Last Online
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanushka-Supertzar View Post
    The lighting is too dark - it's hard to determine the colour. Something between green and brown.
    yes, that's what hazel eyes are very light brown abd so with many times green in it. the green look stronger in the light, and very little or inexistent in dark places. Is a color that can't be called really brown nor green.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 @ 10:56 PM
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Philosopher
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lissu View Post
    Well, when those eye colours are rare, then there is no need to use any other name than just one. I see nothing bad about that. Everything depends on point of view.

You may not see anything bad, but it's not because it ISN'T bad. Political soveriegnty and perasive multiculturalism (not to mention certain kinds of teachers and parents) ALLOW you to be "free" to "see" whatever you "want." Similarly, there's also no need for 1.5 billion people in China to think of Caucasians as anything but all "white," but I'd be flattered if they would avoid using the same name for me as they do for you, and would make sure they DID so.

Just because an eye color doesn't "exist" within 500 km of where you live, hardly justifies not KNOWING it exists. So yeah of course there's something "bad" about it, but ignorance has always been bliss for those who only want 'bliss.'

Before there was blue and brown, there wasn't even ANY "eye color" because no one bothered to notice or care about it -- no doubt because there was "no need for it," and I suppose to the likes of you, that would be okay too (if it served YOUR "point of view" of course!).

Fortunately it's not up to YOUR point of view to determine whether there is a need or not; once someone decides to "see it," it's THERE! And when they SHOW IT to you, you'll see it too, need or not. (Unless of course you keep people "like that" out of your midst, but then again that's why skadi's in English, and Finnish, among others, is Finnished).
    In a woman's love is injustice and blindness towards all that she does not love... Woman is not yet capable of friendship: women are still cats and birds. Or, at best, cows. Woman is not yet capable of friendship. But tell me, you men, which of you is yet capable of friendship? --- Nietzsche, TSZ

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 27th, 2008 @ 07:59 AM
    Subrace
    mixed Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Politics
    White supremacist
    Religion
    Agnostic and pagan wannabe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragone View Post
    Really ? An eye colour, like the one in my last post, would be called brown ,in Finland ? Well, if it's so, I have to say that standards of evaluation in Finland are different from the standards of any other European country..............
    Finns call that green, not brown, the photo you posted is featuring a green iris with a brown ring around the pupil. I have somewhat similar eye color, only the outer ring is grey rather than green, and they either called it grey or got just confused and couldn't decide what to call it. That kind of multicolored eyes are quite rare in Finland, and I'm yet to see any Finn who calls it straight out brown or whatever without analyzing it for 5 minutes first and trying to decide for another few minutes.

Here is the difference between hazel and brown, for those who are unfamiliar:

Photograph of a Hispanic woman with heterochromia. Her left eye is green/ hazel while her right eye is brown.

I have seen that sort of 'hazel' eyes with bluish grey/grey/green with a brown ring (or 'star') around the pupil on people of different nations. Irish, German, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Spaniard, some Irano-Afghan tribes such as the Baluchis and Pashtuns, many Americans of European descent as well.
    Last edited by Spirit of Fire; Monday, October 23rd, 2006 at 09:08 AM.