Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: Have You Ever Encountered Anything Out of the Ordinary (Supernatural)?

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 @ 09:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I had several experiences and more so when I was a child but I got to scared and tried to push it away and that is why nothing almost happens now I think.

One of the creepiest ones I had was the one about my dead sister. I had a younger sister by about a year and she died at birth so I never knew her. I always wanted a sister but my parents never told me about my sister that died and they didn't want more kids. Then one day I went to my mother at the age of about 11 or 12 and said, "Why did you never told me I had a younger sister with a similar name to mine?" My mom just looked at me like I saw a ghost and said, "Who told you? It isn't something we talk about because was a sad loss." I answered her, "My sister told me because I wanted a sister and sensed I was meant to have one." This creeped everyone out and that I knew so much about her.

The other big one was when some voice told me to run and run fast. I was actually going to be kidnapped but I listened to that voice and ran and realized why I needed to run because a strange man started chasing me but I ran fast enough and got away. I was about the same age as when I had the experience of my sister. The bad part about this story is that I made it home that day from school but my friend was kidnapped. To this day this haunts me. I told my friend to not walk home another way but my friend didn't listen.

Last Online
    9 Hours Ago @ 12:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Then one day I went to my mother at the age of about 11 or 12 and said, "Why did you never told me I had a younger sister with a similar name to mine?" My mom just looked at me like I saw a ghost and said, "Who told you? It isn't something we talk about because was a sad loss." I answered her, "My sister told me because I wanted a sister and sensed I was meant to have one." This creeped everyone out and that I knew so much about her.
    Interesting, can you elaborate? You were 11-12 at the time, certainly you must have some recollection of this conversation, no? And don't you remember anymore how you became aware of your lost sister?

The bad part about this story is that I made it home that day from school but my friend was kidnapped. To this day this haunts me. I told my friend to not walk home another way but my friend didn't listen.
    Your friend is still missing? Are you willing to post a link to the official story regarding his disappareance?
    “Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no-one is too poor to buy.” - C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 05:04 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Friesland, Norway, Denmark
    Subrace
    Trønder
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Carpenter/ Craftsman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I once was hiking and came upon a clearing with a really old and twisted tree. I am a lover of nature so I moved in to investigate.

When I came within 50 feet of it, I began to feel really anxious. I had sudden feelings of panic. My heart rate increased and I began to feel sick to my stomach.

Perhaps it was just a random physical happening

The thing is.... my other two friends who were with me also said they felt sick and that something was 'not right' about that place.

We became quite alarmed and didn't linger long. We began to feel better further along our journey after we left the area.

I am not sure what was going on. Perhaps there is some unseen entity or energy connected to that patch of ground or perhaps tied to the tree itself.

I have heard stories of old native American burial grounds.

Not sure what to make of it.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    Interesting, can you elaborate? You were 11-12 at the time, certainly you must have some recollection of this conversation, no? And don't you remember anymore how you became aware of your lost sister?
    I kept having dreams a lot about a little girl who was close to my age (but makes sense since my sister and I were one year apart). Anyway, I had several vivid dreams about this little girl who had 2 long braids and she'd basically come to play with me in the dream and talk to me. At first I thought that I kept dreaming of her because I always wanted a sister who would be my friend. Then after a few dreams the girl started being serious with me and started saying that she is my sister. I would tell her no you are not because I have no sisters but then she told me she will prove it. I started being scared of her so I would wake up a lot during serious conversations with her in my dream and it usually wouldn't return that same night. Well, after several of those dreams I guess I believed her story. She told me what her name was going to be, her birthday, and things like that. So, I told my mom what her name was and stuff so she came clean about losing a daughter at birth but my family is creeped out about my knowledge because no one talked about the loss since it was a sad event to remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
    Your friend is still missing? Are you willing to post a link to the official story regarding his disappareance?
    As far as I know he is still missing. That day I had a very bad feeling that something bad would happen to him but I didn't know exactly what but I knew enough to listen to my senses based on experiences so that is why I told him to be careful and just tried to prevent whatever could possibly happen but he didn't listen to me and thought I was just paranoid. The next day, however, he did not show up to school and that bad feeling came back because I knew that whatever happened to him happened shortly after school yesterday when I warned him. Then, his mother came to school with a police officer and she was in tears. The police officer told us that her son never came home yesterday and she wanted to know if anyone knew anything. Best I could do was describe the guy who chased me but as days went by I just knew I'd never see him again and we had talks about high school and what university to go to sometimes but he was now gone. I only remember his first name and never watched news then so if I find an article to link then I will. I do hope he was found but I never saw him after that day and I just sense he is in a new place whatever that means...

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Since, I am in this thread again I will post another story. Also, most of my experiences revolved around my dreams when I slept and senses while awake. This is one of my earliest experiences and the one I remember the best from that time. I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time and we had a farm, chickens, cows, pigs, horses, etc. I was sleeping one night in my bed near a window and if you would look out the window you'd see where the 2 horses were kept. In my dream I was dreaming that I was sleeping in my bed near my window in the middle of the night and in my dream I woke up suddenly and looked out the window and at that time 2 of the horses managed to escape and run away and I panicked in my dream (not knowing it was a dream, of course) and the panic woke me up. When I woke, I realized it was the middle of the night and I got this feeling to look out the window as I did in my dream. My dream was happening before me! After the horses ran away, I ran to wake my dad, "Dad! Wake up! The horses ran away!." My dad, half asleep, said, "Horses are fine, go back to sleep." I said, "No, they are not! I wouldn't be awake here if they were! Please go look out the window and please hurry if you want to catch them." My dad arose, looked out the window and was like, "Oh, no. Did you see where they went?" I saw twice of course, dream and real life. I told him where to go and told him to hurry if he wants to find them soon. As he left, I added, "Don't make any turns on the road, just go straight and you will find them," and I went to bed again knowing when I would wake up all would be normal again with the horses back and it was so.

Last Online
    Monday, January 8th, 2018 @ 04:32 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Southern Swedish/East Danish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    University student
    Politics
    National-Geoist
    Religion
    Atheist Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    When I was hiking in the mountains a couple of months ago I spent a night in an old Lappish hut, alone. At about midnight I started to feel that there was some kind of incorporeal entity in the hut watching me. At first I was frightened, but as the time passed I concluded that if this entity had been malicious, it would have attacked me already, and I finally managed to go to sleep. I have no idea what it was, but it felt very real.

At other times I have woken up at night feeling someone or something tugging at my bedsheets. I naturally assume that it's either a cat or my brother pranking me (not that he ever does that), but after turning on the lights and searching the room I find that there is neither any animal nor a person in the room other than myself.

It has also happened a few times before major life events such as starting at a new school that I've been dreaming about a place, a room for instance, before actually having visited it, and very accurately too.

Sometimes I have seen one of my previous cats who have passed away walking by or sitting somewhere, and upon looking again in shock the cat had vanished.

I'm a sceptic person, but I've had too many of these strange little experiences to not believe in the supernatural. I'm an atheist, but it probably wouldn't surprise me much if any day now a god made himself known to me.

Last Online
    Sunday, December 31st, 2017 @ 11:16 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Ancestry
    Sweden, North Germany
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Pisces
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am a völva.

When I become connected to a certain person, their consciousness becomes part of mine. I know what they think and I have access to their knowledge and cognitive abilities. I can’t control this ability though, so it seems like a one-way transmission. Something I’m gifted or given.

Also when I become acquainted with a place, the human consciousnesses associated with that place, past and future, and any consciousnesses which are non-human – they all become a part of mine too.

I won't perform seiðr or incantations due to certain loyalties and personal beliefs.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 22nd, 2019 @ 09:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    American of Northwestern European descent
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Sweden, Colonial America, Luxemburg
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No, I haven't encountered anything I'd consider supernatural. I'm skeptical of all claims to the contrary and think every one is born out of some emotional interpretation, or various other form of bias, of what is a mere coincidence with a rational explanation.

To not be such a huge buzzkill, however, I'll post about an experience I had this past summer that was strange, one which if I had a less skeptical personality I know I would've attributed to supernatural forces.

My grandmother died in July, after developing a large pulmonary embolism post-hysterectomy for endometrial cancer. She was diagnosed with the cancer just a month prior. As fortune would have it, I was doing a nephrology rotation for medical school in my hometown during that month, at the hospital my grandma was hospitalized at before her death (my medical school is in a different city). I'll always feel fortunate that I was home during that time, and that I was able to visit her while she was in the hospital, including the day before she passed away.

But that's not the strange part. Early that month, after she'd had her surgery and before the embolism was diagnosed, I saw the biggest fly I'd ever seen in my life outside a window. It was an entirely black, menacing-looking horsefly of a type I'd never seen before, that looked just like this one:

I saw another smaller one a couple weeks later, a few days after my grandma was admitted to the hospital with her embolism, while walking in the hospital parking lot just after visiting her at the end of the day.

She passed away the next week, and on that Friday, the final day of my rotation, was her visitation prior to her funeral on Saturday. Leaving the hospital that afternoon to head for the visitation at the funeral home, I saw, for the third time, one of these horseflies crawling on the window adjacent to the door I exited.

I looked up what these huge horseflies were, and discovered that they were a species called Tabanus atratus. Common name: the mourning horse-fly. I'd never seen one prior to that month and I haven't seen one since.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, January 6th, 2019 @ 06:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryo-Germanic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 3/8 English, 1/8 Welsh
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    V10b
    Country
    England England
    State
    Northumberland Northumberland
    Scorpio
    Family
    Parent,Co-habiting
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Exposing idiocy
    Religion
    Wodenist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts
    I can recount to you many strange stories for my late mother was a spiritualist medium and psychic ability runs through my mother's maternal ancestry. Indeed many of my ancestrixes were 'witches' or wise women in the Harz mountains, a region replete in Germanic mythology and the supernatural.

At the age of 12 whilst staying with my relatives in Langelsheim in the Harz I spent a lot of time in my aunt's attic in her quite large house. There was a very big train set in the attic that my cousin Willi had constructed for his son to play with. Whenever I was alone in that attic I felt very uneasy as if someone or something was watching me. It was an unpleasant experience. Indeed I always opened the attic window in case I needed to scream for help. That was how oppressive it felt. On returning to England my mother told me that the attic was where my uncle Willi had hanged himself. He was badly injured in WWII on the Russian front and found the pain unbearable. He died about 7 years before I had that experience. What prompted my mother to tell me this was she kept hearing footsteps going up and down the attic steps on a nightime and knew that it was the spirit of my uncle (uncle via marriage) and she communicated with him and told him to "go towards the light". When she told me this I explained my unease to her about being in the attic.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wuotans Krieger For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617