Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Burgundian Flag & Burgundians

Below is a Burgundian flag I found @ http://www.flagline.com/id01140123 (good site):

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 @ 06:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Burgundian Flag

Good to know.

I've read that the Germans, while occuping France during WWII, raised the idea of creating an independent Burgundian State. How far did the idea go ?

Has someone more information about this ?

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thumbs Up Good Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon
    Good to know.

I've read that the Germans, while occuping France during WWII, raised the idea of creating an independent Burgundian State. How far did the idea go ?

Has someone more information about this ?
    Good question, Rollon, I'd love to have these questions answered also. Zyklop?!??! ...Nordgau?!?! Maybe they'll finally read this in a month or two or three! lol

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Subrace
    nordid-faelid
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Burgundian Flag

The idea of a state for the order of the black SS was formed by Himmler.

The new created state should have this areas:
    french swize, franch-comte, lorraine, hennegau, nord-pas-de-calais and parts of luxemburg, the picardie, and the champagne.
    This area had should be under the controll of Degrelle and Himmler. The area weren't understand on the greater-german government.
    Meine Gewalt ist die Gewalt des Freien, der sich weigert, sich zu unterwerfen. Die Schöpfung ist gewaltsam. Leben ist gewaltsam. Geburt ist ein gewaltsamer Vorgang. Ein Sturm, ein Erdbeben sind gewaltsame Bewegungen der Natur. Meine Gewalt ist die Gewalt des Lebens. Es ist keine Gewalt wider die Natur, wie die Gewalt des Staates, der eure Kinder ins Schlachthaus schickt, eure Gehirne verblödet und eure Seelen austreibt! - Klaus Kinski

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: AW: Burgundian Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic_Blood
    The idea of a state for the order of the black SS was formed by Himmler.

The new created state should have this areas:
    french swize, franch-comte, lorraine, hennegau, nord-pas-de-calais and parts of luxemburg, the picardie, and the champagne.
    This area had should be under the controll of Degrelle and Himmler. The area weren't understand on the greater-german government.
    Nice idea, that of an SS State. I don't think it's the same project though. According to your description, the SS State would comprise, in France, Franche-Comté, Lorraine, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Picardie, Champagne. Look at the following map :

You can see these regions. Now Burgundy (Bourgogne on the map) is close to these, but it's not included in your description. La Bourgogne is named after a famous tribe of Germanic people, les Burgondes as we call them in French (Burgondes - Burgundy). I have read that it is in memory of the Burgondes, who once had their own monarchy, that the Third Reich thought to establish an independent State in Bourgogne, besides the SS State, I guess. It seems to me that the two projects are different. I may be wrong.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Subrace
    nordid-faelid
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Burgundian Flag

I thought the idea of a independent burgondes state should be made on the provinz, but it shouldn't
    The french provinz Bougogne was not on the settlement-area of the burgunds. I think it was named after the burgunds, because it was annext from them.
    Meine Gewalt ist die Gewalt des Freien, der sich weigert, sich zu unterwerfen. Die Schöpfung ist gewaltsam. Leben ist gewaltsam. Geburt ist ein gewaltsamer Vorgang. Ein Sturm, ein Erdbeben sind gewaltsame Bewegungen der Natur. Meine Gewalt ist die Gewalt des Lebens. Es ist keine Gewalt wider die Natur, wie die Gewalt des Staates, der eure Kinder ins Schlachthaus schickt, eure Gehirne verblödet und eure Seelen austreibt! - Klaus Kinski

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What was the settlement-area of the Burgunds ?

In any case, I am sure that I read something about the Third Reich having the idea of doing something with Bourgogne. It wasn't only for wine, was it ?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Subrace
    nordid-faelid
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post AW: Re: Burgundian Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rollon
    What was the settlement-area of the Burgunds ?

In any case, I am sure that I read something about the Third Reich having the idea of doing something with Bourgogne. It wasn't only for wine, was it ?
    The settlement-area of the germanic Burgunds was in the Franch-Comte and the french swize. Near Genf there settled more than 20.000 burgunds.
    In the middle age the celto-manized burgunds annected lothringia, luxemburg, hennegau, nord-pas-de-calais and parts of picardie, and the champagne.
    In the Hennegau, Luxemburg, Picardie, Lothringia, etc. settled the nether-franks, thats why, this areas have a germanic history too and were the fact, why this areas should be involved in the ss-state burgund.

Later the area which is now called bourgogne and the area to the mediterran-sea (with Marseille) came to it. Why this area is called of the name of the burgunds, dont know, but I know, that they never settled there.

The idea for the independence of the area camed from himmler, that wanted to rebuild the glory of ancient burgundian times and a area fo the ss to set up some ideas, which handt gone in the greatergerman reich, because the spirit of the ss were strong esoteric.

The official language had been german, the Reichsverweser (like president) had been himmler and the chancilier had beenthe walloon degrelle.
    The state had been a part of the greatergerman reich, but absolutly autonom and only the führer as head about the Reichsverweser.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK. It makes perfect sense now that it was the project I had read about. Thank you for the info.

. "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Lightbulb Burgundian Areas

Here are some maps pertaining to Burgundians & Burgundy. These should help better clarify who does and does not have the greatest claim on being Burgundian by heritage. In my opinion, anyone whose ancestral roots go back over the centuries to the older folks from in and around Lake Geneva AND to the general areas to the west (esp. to the west-northwest) of L. Geneva until about the 3° parallel (longitude)--maximum point of Burgundian tribal penetration to the west perhaps--is probably (to one degree or another) of Burgundian descent/blood. In a geographical-political sense, 'Burgundy' has changed quite a bit. You'll have to open the maps for they are sizable...comments on them below....they are organized in the file names with #s 1, 2, 3...etc. in order of mention along with the ~dates for each one, & the reference/book page #. These are all from: Hammond Historical Atlas of the World, revised/expanded ed. (Maplewood, New Jersey: Hammond Inc., 1990), page #s various/on the files.
    Burgundian/Burgundy Maps
    • #1...the Burgundian tribal movements ~413AD;
    • #2...the Burgundians/Burgundy following conquest by the Franks & incorporation into the 1st Reich ~600AD;
    • #3...Burgundy still in the 1st Reich ~800AD;
    • #4...The Kingdom of Burgundy ~1000AD;
    • #5...Burgundy in ~1200AD;
    • #6...Burgundy in ~1314AD;
    • #7...Burgundy in ~1360AD;
    • #8...Burgundy in ~1422AD;

• #9...Burgundy in ~1700AD;

That all shown, I see no reason why folks with heritage/blood roots in modern Bourgogne region of France should be denied Burgundian tribal status/heritage...that is something they surely share with all of the other folks with roots in the area stretching all the way east to around Lake Geneva, i.e., the Swiss-French.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast