WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Which countries are Germanic?

this web site is for debating with people of different opinions on certain subjects, it is not a house of worship, that when the preacher speaks, every body says Amen.

When you debate give your opinions, not insults, because when you do that you show you are a poor debater and have a closed mind,

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Because a persons opinion does not go along with everything the majority here say, does not make him ignorant, only an ignorant person would say that.
    Who are you to decide what is reason, reason also applies to you also, no one has a monopoly on reason, when you talk about history different people analyze it in different ways, what you consider reason on a subject, others might think it is unreasonable, so who is the legit arbitrator on this issue.
    History involves subjective interpretation of facts. Definitions of words are not so easily manipulated - especially of words such as Germanic which have nothing to do directly with Germany itself. And definitely nothing to do with any "preacher", unless most dictionaries serve such a function...

Some people if you don't go along with them they resort to insults, because they can't handle a disagreement with their way of thinking.
    Which is not the case, given that I did partially agree with what you said...

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, March 13th, 2020 @ 02:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Telecommunications
    Politics
    Libertarian/Neo-Imperialist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Okay, so if you agree that preservation of our heritage is worthwhile, then what was the point of the following?

Well as an American, we see people from each country in Europe as being different from one another, you can say that this country and that country are Germanic, but We don't see the connection as labeling them Germanic, the English to us are English, the German is German etc, we don't tie them into one group, they might have had something in common at one time, but that was a long time ago, each country has it's own language and culture, the english speak English, the French speak French etc.

As an American I always felt closer to the English and always admired their historical history and accomplishments and feel that I would not be out of place in England.

BTW! I am not of Anglo/Saxon heritage, but an American of Italian descent.
    Was it merely to indicate that not everyone recognizes the ties that bind us Germanics together? If so, then, well, we know that. If we thought everyone recognized these ties, we wouldn't spend any time advocating their preservation, since everyone would already be preserving them and wouldn't need anyone telling them to do so.

If there was some other point, what exactly was it? The most obvious interpretation (namely, "you're all being silly by trying to suggest that these countries are Germanic, since we normal people don't see it that way") seems to stand in opposition to your statements in favor of cultural preservation.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leofric View Post
    Okay, so if you agree that preservation of our heritage is worthwhile, then what was the point of the following?
    Even better when he declares a few posts after that he considers himself "European", but saying there is not much connection between e.g. England and Germany. Eh?

The American term "white" used to refer to Germanics only once, and while I can't speak for America or even England, in Germany and in the Netherlands these connections are seen, and, because of WW2 , even disliked, which is only possible if you actually acknowledge them

It is nice that you tell us the miserable state some parts of the USA are in, in regard to culture and heritage, but why argue against it, instead of trying to change that?

As an Italian you might not have much interest in strengthening a Germanic "collective", even if not, I would understand if this might be problematic with many other "whites" of Non-Germanic heritage.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 17th, 2007 @ 12:54 AM
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post

As an Italian you might not have much interest in strengthening a Germanic "collective", even if not, I would understand if this might be problematic with many other "whites" of Non-Germanic heritage.
    Again you misinterpt my reasoning, I don't have any objections to Germanic solitarity, I was just saying that the general population of the Germanic countries don't see it.

It is manley seen and discussed on these type of web sites, but does not exist in the real world, this does not mean that I have any objection to germanic unity at all.

You are all just making this a personal thing with me, but all I am doing is just making an observation which I notice.

Their is nothing personal about this with me, but I just brought it up for discussion.

Some of what I discussed is being misinterpted, but then I guess I can't do anything about that.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I don't have any objections to Germanic solitarity, I was just saying that the general population of the Germanic countries don't see it.
    Yes, well you could have saved a lot of time by writing this sentence in the beginning, we are all aware of that, otherwise, as Leofric already pointed out, we would have much less work to do

So do you think it is a worthwile goal to work towards a common Germanic spirit again, based on the similarities which clearly are recongnized by the majority of the people? Or do you just think there are few such similarities?
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leofric View Post
    If there was some other point, what exactly was it? The most obvious interpretation (namely, "you're all being silly by trying to suggest that these countries are Germanic, since we normal people don't see it that way") seems to stand in opposition to your statements in favor of cultural preservation.
    I think the point he has, what he wants to say is, that Germans are Germans and (e.g.) Englishmen are Englishmen first, and then, by heritage they are both Germanics.

But the present (US) Americans are neither Germans nor Englishmen, nor are they 100% Germanics by their heritage. Because their heritage is a composed one. It is partly Germanic, but not fully. Rather, it is European.

So he is advocating - as I understand it - European preservation instead of Germanic. At least as USA is conserned.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post

So do you think it is a worthwile goal to work towards a common Germanic spirit again
    Yes

based on the similarities which clearly are recongnized by the majority of the people? Or do you just think there are few such similarities?
    I think you have to make more of the Germanic people more aware of the similarities they share, because I think the majority are not that conscious of it, and some don't even know it exists.

Remember the majority of Germanic people are not that much aware of the similarities they have with others, they are not as conscious of it as you people on this thread are, and many are oblivious that it even exists.

Maybe I am wrong, but this is the impression that I have about Germanics.

You read a lot about Germanics on these WN web sites here on the internet, but you seldom or ever hear the word Germanic spoken in real life.

I never heard the phrase Germanic before, until I came on these WN web sites, and I grew up with many people of NE heritage of both sexes.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Subrace
    nord/med maybe not sure
    Country
    WHITE Nationalism
    Religion
    catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spjabork View Post
    I think the point he has, what he wants to say is, that Germans are Germans and (e.g.) Englishmen are Englishmen first, and then, by heritage they are both Germanics
    That's about it

But the present (US) Americans are neither Germans nor Englishmen, nor are they 100% Germanics by their heritage. Because their heritage is a composed one. It is partly Germanic, but not fully. Rather, it is European.

So he is advocating - as I understand it - European preservation instead of Germanic. At least as USA is conserned.
    In America people identify themselves as Irish/Americans, German/Americans, Italian/Americans etc, but we unify our selves as European Americans.

The phrase European/Americans is quite common in America, we distinguish our selves as a group from the jewish, negro, ME etc people, every one who comes here trys to say that they are Amrericans, but we European Americans are the real Americans because all the fruits they get when they come here was planted and grown by us, and it was The European Americans that settled here and made America the great Country it was in the past.

America is being destroyed today by jewish power and is heading into 3rd world status in the future.

We Americans have to take back our country from the jewish influence and some of the traitors with in our own people who conspire with the jews to destroy us.

The Iraq war is an example of jew some American traitors who conspired by lies to send Americans to die for Israel.

America has more jews then Israel, and let me tell you from what I experience here in America, that the jews have a devastating affect on a country when they get power.

Hitler was the only person in the 20th centry who tried to do something about it, and they called him a mad man the damn jews.

The Germans today should fell no guilt about what happened at all, the jews were trying to destroy their country, and Hitler was trying to save it.

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I think you have to make more of the Germanic people more aware of the similarities they share, because I think the majority are not that conscious of it, and some don't even know it exists.[...]
    You read a lot about Germanics on these WN web sites here on the internet, but you seldom or ever hear the word Germanic spoken in real life.
    We already been there, it is true that nowadays many people don't use the term Germanic to describe similarities, nor are many even aware that being Germanic is the reason for those. This doesn't mean however that they don't see any similarities at all, something which brings a Dutch closer to a Dane than to a Belgian or French. It even happens unconsciously, like there are really few Germans who speak of Dutch or even English as foreigners, while when we are talking about Italian, it is different.

I never heard the phrase Germanic before, until I came on these WN web sites, and I grew up with many people of NE heritage of both sexes.
    Yes, but the knowledge of the term Germanic, in its semantics, is not needed to see a relation, it is just an explanation and a good term for it

And for the record, I don't say there are no differences, it is indeed a matter of perspective, after all I am aware that I am a Frank too, not "just" German

+ Reply to Thread