Ethnicity
    Religion
    +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Question Is There A Nordish Subrace?

I was thinking about an excuse to be the first person to post to this new "section", so I decided to ask the question: Does there exist a "Nordish Subrace?" Yes or No?

HAIL "Nordica!"

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Re: Nordish Subrace?

Sub-racially, politically, and ideally, yes. A lot of people support the idea without being conscious of it or putting it into so many words. Those who reject Arabs, Jews, and often regard darker Southern Europeans as "not white" are closet supporters.

The images of the white men and women of the American nationalist movements are usually of lighter Nordics, Alpines or UPs... when's the last time you saw them use a darkskinned, hooknosed Med?
    Last edited by Nordhammer; Sunday, February 1st, 2004 at 06:33 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, July 27th, 2006 @ 09:12 AM
    Subrace
    Other
    Race Realism/Hereditarian
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Applying McCulloch's taxonomy, the "Nordish" sub-race is non-existent.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I believe that Thorburn made some wise comments about the Nordish concept. Few people reach the ideal characteristics of a type found in Northern Europe, yet they are still unmistakably of Northern European origin.

Even before I began reading anthropological works I associated a "European look" with something similar to Nordish. As I have always maintained, Nordish is a useful concept in the sense that one can divide these Europids with types whom have features and/or a pigmentation which is not unique for Europe, but is also found in Northern Africa and the Near East.

We could, for the sake of convenience and preservation, create a Nordish sub-race and make types and sub-types under it.

Nordhammer does not need to worry how poeople perceive Americans.
    Most of the people in Southern America, Middle East, Asia and even Swedes, one of the most Nordid people on earth, have a picture of a lanky Nordid man when the word American (also Canadian or Australian) comes up.

The concept have room for improvement. I want more emphasis on the Nordid types.

Disinterested
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 13th, 2005 @ 09:17 PM
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Folkish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volksdeutscher
    Even before I began reading anthropological works I associated a "European look" with something similar to Nordish.
    Linneus defined the Caucasoid racial type according to himself, which means that Nordics are officially the standard of Caucasoids.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Even before I began reading anthropological works I associated a "European look" with something similar to Nordish. As I have always maintained, Nordish is a useful concept in the sense that one can divide these Europids with types whom have features and/or a pigmentation which is not unique for Europe, but is also found in Northern Africa and the Near East.
    It's about phenotype and ancestry. Preserving the indigenous Northern Europeans. Pretty easy to understand, but problematic for some. Having some traits in common is not the same. A blue-eyed Jew, hapa or quadroon is not Nordish.

Nordhammer does not need to worry how poeople perceive Americans.
    Most of the people in Southern America, Middle East, Asia and even Swedes, one of the most Nordid people on earth, have a picture of a lanky Nordid man when the word American (also Canadian or Australian) comes up.

The concept have room for improvement. I want more emphasis on the Nordid types.
    Yes, thank you, I was incredibly worried before you said something. It is a burden off of my back. I'm sure South America, the Middle East, Asia and Sweden appreciate you being their spokesman.

Anyone is free to make up their own model of racial preservation, I await your website and books detailing the matter.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I voted with "NO" although I sometimes use this term by myself.

I will explain it shortly: Subrace would mean a group of humans, a population with their own features in a specific combination and genetic characteristica.

If I compare f.e. North Alpines (Borreby)-lighter Alpines (of the Western or Eastern branch and darker Alpines I think they have more in common than with the same category on the other hand Bruenn-(Skando-)Nordid-North Atlantid-Atlantid.

So a "Nordish" concept would lump groups together which are partially or fully depigmented and live today in mostly in certain regions but which have other features and characteristica+genetic background which divide them.

So Nordish to me means just "common or indiginous (in the wider sence) to the Northern parts of Europe and of lighter pigmentation".

But for the rest I think there are just the various subtypes of the Europid race and the European subtypes of the Europids which form a bigger population on its own - the Europeans.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    If I compare f.e. North Alpines (Borreby)-lighter Alpines (of the Western or Eastern branch and darker Alpines I think they have more in common than with the same category on the other hand Bruenn-(Skando-)Nordid-North Atlantid-Atlantid.
    You refer to Borrebys as North Alpines, do you also refer to Nordics or Nordids as North Mediterraneans?

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    It's about phenotype and ancestry. Preserving the indigenous Northern Europeans. Pretty easy to understand, but problematic for some. Having some traits in common is not the same. A blue-eyed Jew, hapa or quadroon is not Nordish.
    I agree, but what do you e.g. think of the phenotype of Jerry Springer and Michael Douglas?

Yes, thank you, I was incredibly worried before you said something. It is a burden off of my back. I'm sure South America, the Middle East, Asia and Sweden appreciate you being their spokesman.

Anyone is free to make up their own model of racial preservation, I await your website and books detailing the matter.
    There is no need to be ironic about it. I was just trying to be supportive, and saying that you do not need to worry about it was a way of speaking. I am not their spokesman. I can only talk from my own experience by talking to people from those regions. Yes, again, I think that Americans are mainly associated with the Nordid types. It is just an opinion, among others.

Yes, the Nordish system is good and detailed. Now I do not have the need nor the time to make another system.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhammer
    You refer to Borrebys as North Alpines, do you also refer to Nordics or Nordids as North Mediterraneans?
    North Mediterranean are to me the Atlantid and Pontid types of Europe.

What the Nordid race is, well thats a difficult question. But I tend to say its both, partly of UP descent (Bruenn and gracialized Bruenn variants) and North Mediterraneans which mixed with them or depigmented partly or fully over time.

But because of the morphology I would tend to say a North Mediterranean is although not "Nordish" (because not really a major indiginous component of Northern Europe) is nearer to the Nordid type than the Borreby and even more than the Alpines in general.

But no matter what the origins of the Nordid type were in majority, whether just UP or more Mediterranoid variants, I dont consider the Nordid type as North Mediterranid.
    North Mediterranid as I said above are to me just the variants between classical Mediterranids (Gracilmediterranids) and Nordids. Again no matter whether they are the result of intermixture or a contact subrace.

I think the Nordish concept can only be relevant for Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Island primarily) for the rest of Europe a European concept including all indigenous groups of Europe which lived there since minimum 5000, probably more than 10.000 years is more useful.
    Last edited by Agrippa; Friday, February 6th, 2004 at 02:42 AM.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast