Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sv: Re: Your Perfect Political System

Quote Originally Posted by OneFakeSaxon View Post
    Re; monarchs, it is pot luck as to whether you get a good or bad ruler.

But he/she will be surrounded with advisers and there are a whole bunch of positive incentives. One example: the monarch will want to leave a good political inheritance for his heirs. I.e., no debt, a prosperous kingdom.
    This is always a problem as you say. And therefor in this utopian political system i can only see myself as taking on the role of the "monarch", because i know what kind of person i am, i know by what ideals and morals i am guided and i believe that i am hard to corrupt.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Your Perfect Political System

To clarify;

There is no need for violent transition. Looked at as a business proposition, all you would need to do is either find a big enough parcel of empty land, or alternatively find an ideal location and buy the land from the existing land owners.
    Do keep in mind, when I said transition, I meant of an overpopulated world to a sparsely populated one. Not from a social democracy to a liberal political system. Although what you say is indeed correct - a violent transition should in fact be out of the question as much as this is possible.

The big problem is that existing states do not like giving up territory and no matter how massive Eurasia and Africa are, all the land is already under a jurisdiction. So short of well-executed secession movement, a pre-agreement would be needed with the incumbent ruler (perhaps a financial share in one of the new kingdom's projects).
    It's likely that they won't view the new kingdom as a threat, and therefore will give it the right to self-determination. This could happen in Europe - but I do not see the USA allowing this, given its history.

Of course, the Free State Project is a similar idea; but flawed. They chose the wrong location, i.e. New Hampshire (densely populated / many ppl inimcal to freedom) instead of a sparsely populated rural state.
    Hopefully something good will come out of it though - perhaps it'll prompt other, more successful projects. Apparently one is being planned in Europe, but I am not sure where.

Re; monarchs, it is pot luck as to whether you get a good or bad ruler.

But he/she will be surrounded with advisers and there are a whole bunch of positive incentives. One example: the monarch will want to leave a good political inheritance for his heirs. I.e., no debt, a prosperous kingdom.
    Pot luck, yes, however if one considers that good genes are mostly inheritable and that a Monarch would benefit from the best education available, the odds move greatly in favour of having a worthwhile leader. Not to mention of course the influence of the aristocracy, whatever its form may be. Naturally the Kingdom's "value" will also factor in, before all else, hence the Monarch's far-sightedness. One thing I would desire to be altered in a Monarchy is that the most able child, and not the first male heir, inherit the throne - the current Monarch would of course establish who the most suitable heir is.

Under democracy, a bad man, a demagogue, is guaranteed. And he has no incentive to look after the state, since he will only be in power for 4, 5 or at most 10 years. The democratic ruler's debts and wars (and other problems) will be passed on to the next hapless incumbent.
    As Mises put it, the Peter of 1970 owes the Paul of 1940 for the benefits he enjoys. The powerful illusion of democracy - that debts are only owed to onself.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, January 26th, 2007 @ 06:00 PM
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnid
    Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Single, looking
    Politics
    National-sozialistische diktatur
    Religion
    Roman-catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AW: Your Perfect Political System

Dictature.

It's fast and easy. Decissions quickly become laws, thoughts quickly become actions.

That's a rough summary.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 03:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Re: AW: Your Perfect Political System

Quote Originally Posted by Zvukk View Post
    Dictature.

It's fast and easy. Decissions quickly become laws, thoughts quickly become actions.

That's a rough summary.
    And who controls those in charge of the dictatorship, who avoids the corruption?

I dislike the Capitalist Democracy, and all related to it such as multiculturalism and immigration, but sovereignity must be under the control of the people. I believe in pacific and legal ways to arrive to the government of a nation, and once there start the nationalist revolution always respecting the democratic way, similar to what happened in Germany 1933-1945.

Account Inactive California Love's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, November 9th, 2006 @ 06:30 AM
    Subrace
    East-Nordid/Hallstatt-Noric
    Country
    United States United States
    Conservative-Capitalism
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My perfect Political System would need to take place in a small(ish) soceity of about 5-15 million. They would have to be well educated and interested in politics for this too work, but, here it goes:

I'd like a Direct Democracy, or atleast as close as possible to an actual direct-democracy whille still being realistic. I'd like to have the Swiss system.

For my economy, I'd like to have a enviornmentally aware, capitalist, free market economy, with only minor regulations like pollution, monopoly, and unsafe working conditions.

For my perfect political party I'd like to have the Swiss Peoples Party, who are a right wing, socially moderate-conservative, pro-gun, economically very capitalist, and anti-immigrant party.

For my immigration, I'd like to have a system that goes hand in hand with direct-democracy. An immigrant would fill out an application to a certain area they wish to live. The residents of that area would vote on if they want this immigrat to live in their community or not. Through natural selection, 3rd world immigration would be heavily cut back, because its only natural for people to feel closing to people who are similar to them, whether that be in looks, culture, religion, ect.

The nation would also be politically isolated, and heavily dependent on banking and investment from other nations.

Basically, I love Switzerland.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SineNomine View Post
    Do keep in mind, when I said transition, I meant of an overpopulated world to a sparsely populated one. Not from a social democracy to a liberal political system. Although what you say is indeed correct - a violent transition should in fact be out of the question as much as this is possible.
    Regarding overpopulation and resource depletion, you should read what George Reisman says on the issue.

Only the UK, Japan and the Netherlands are "densely populated". Look at a map of the UK - look at all the green space. The railways should have been converted to extra road capacity 20 years ago

It's likely that they won't view the new kingdom as a threat, and therefore will give it the right to self-determination.
    They would be jealous of its tax revenue at least. Establishing such a state in Africa for example would entail a good defence structure, an armed citizenry and financial collusion with surrounding rulers/chiefs.

Hopefully something good will come out of it though - perhaps it'll prompt other, more successful projects. Apparently one is being planned in Europe, but I am not sure where.
    Perhaps. But they really messed up with choosing New Hampshire. A small number of people in a sparsely populated state would be making a much bigger impact, creating momentum, attracting new followers.

The FSP is stagnating. They wanted to be on the East Coast near NY and DC, where all the money is. Bad move.

Some conspiracy theories point to a number of FedGov employees prominent in the FSP.....

Last Online
    Thursday, September 19th, 2019 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by California Love View Post
    My perfect Political System would need to take place in a small(ish) soceity of about 5-15 million. They would have to be well educated and interested in politics for this too work, but, here it goes:

I'd like a Direct Democracy, or atleast as close as possible to an actual direct-democracy whille still being realistic. I'd like to have the Swiss system.

For my economy, I'd like to have a enviornmentally aware, capitalist, free market economy, with only minor regulations like pollution, monopoly, and unsafe working conditions.

For my perfect political party I'd like to have the Swiss Peoples Party, who are a right wing, socially moderate-conservative, pro-gun, economically very capitalist, and anti-immigrant party.

For my immigration, I'd like to have a system that goes hand in hand with direct-democracy. An immigrant would fill out an application to a certain area they wish to live. The residents of that area would vote on if they want this immigrat to live in their community or not. Through natural selection, 3rd world immigration would be heavily cut back, because its only natural for people to feel closing to people who are similar to them, whether that be in looks, culture, religion, ect.

The nation would also be politically isolated, and heavily dependent on banking and investment from other nations.

Basically, I love Switzerland.
    Wouldn't you want to have some extra guarantees, suchas laws, preventing non Europids from moving to your country? People sometimes don't know what is best for them and could vote with their heart instead of their brain.

Account Inactive California Love's Avatar
    Last Online
    Thursday, November 9th, 2006 @ 06:30 AM
    Subrace
    East-Nordid/Hallstatt-Noric
    Country
    United States United States
    Conservative-Capitalism
    Religion
    Judaism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Sv: Re: Your Perfect Political System

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotpatrik View Post
    Wouldn't you want to have some extra guarantees, suchas laws, preventing non Europids from moving to your country? People sometimes don't know what is best for them and could vote with their heart instead of their brain.
    Hmm, well I assume that people generally wouldnt invite Africans from the Congo to be their next door neighbor, but perhaps some extra security is needed, just in case.

Perhaps, my country needs a law like The Immigration Act of 1924, also known as the National Origins Act, which America had in the early 20th century. This would effectivley reduce immigration from non-compatible cultures, while still providing immigration from Central-Western-Northern Europe.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 06:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Regarding overpopulation and resource depletion, you should read what George Reisman says on the issue.
    Got any articles or books in mind?

Only the UK, Japan and the Netherlands are "densely populated". Look at a map of the UK - look at all the green space. The railways should have been converted to extra road capacity 20 years ago

They would be jealous of its tax revenue at least. Establishing such a state in Africa for example would entail a good defence structure, an armed citizenry and financial collusion with surrounding rulers/chiefs.
    True - although the idea of establishing it in Africa, although practical, is hardly desirable. If Canada were not bordered by the silly US, it'd be ideal. Anyway, even if the European states were jealous, I doubt they'd simply attack it - Germany quibbled over sending military aid to Lebanon even. And small nations such as Switzerland have been able to survive so far.

The FSP is stagnating. They wanted to be on the East Coast near NY and DC, where all the money is. Bad move.
    Which part of the US would you consider ideal for such a project?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotpatrik View Post
    Have a look at Switzerland and see if what you worry about is true. I'll answer quickly - it isn't. 90% of the country's 20% foreign population is of European extraction. It has some of the strictest immigration rules in Europe - the fact that the cantons have a say in immigration allows it to reflect the true desire for immigration.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 19th, 2019 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SineNomine View Post
    Have a look at Switzerland and see if what you worry about is true. I'll answer quickly - it isn't. 90% of the country's 20% foreign population is of European extraction. It has some of the strictest immigration rules in Europe - the fact that the cantons have a say in immigration allows it to reflect the true desire for immigration.
    Yes but i'm absolutist in this issue, i don't think that a single racially foreign immigrant is a good idea. And so i would want extra precautions to prevent any misshaps caused by the bleeding hearts of the public.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast