Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Stay Out of the Military (Primer on Draft Resistance)

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, English
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Florida Florida
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Diver
    Politics
    Libertarian/Anarchicst
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Not sure why people avoid military service anyway. I did 21 years myself. War is in our culture. I would gladly do it again.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingvaeonic View Post
    Posting on how to avoid the draft was academic even back in Oct. 2006 when the original post was posted, unless it was in the air in the US at that time that they, i.e. the then-current presidential administration and US govt, were thinking of bringing it back.

And bringing back military conscription/compulsory military service would have torn apart US society as it did in the late 60s and early 70s during the latter stages of the Vietnam War. "Hell No! We Won't Go!" was the rhyming refrain of anti-war/anti-draft protests in the late 60s and early 70s.

The draft, military conscription or compulsory military service, call it what you like, was a bitterly contentious and divisive issue in the US at that time and it would be now: think of the disruption and dissension in US society caused by bringing the draft back now. Can you imagine the US Army units in Iraq and Afghanistan manned substantially by conscripts/draftees?
    Actually if you are referring to competence the current generation is not much more competent than the guys in Vietnam if they are even that competent. What they do have, that the Vietnam guys did not have, is much better weapons and financing than the guys in Vietnam.

I would also say that the Pentagon has rode a wave of sympathy for the Vietnam Vet, and the open trashing of them publicly by American Marxist.
    So in essence the opposition to Afghanistan 2, was none existent here in the US, because of bad memories.

That being said the Post Vietnam, Military has had open scandals, and obvious corruption to a level that in the 1970's would have had them completely defended, had it occurred then. As such the Moral Capital gained in the 1970's and 1980's has pretty much been squandered to a level that when there is a real defeat for them, the fair weather patriots they have garnered will simply follow the next leader.

IE NOT them!

Right now the only thing that is giving them credibility is herd mentality. And the lack of a real opposition or enemy, on an equal level or even close.

My guess is they could probably be taken down by a much smaller army if it was even somewhat high tech or organized and backed up with nuclear or biological weapons. You might end up seeing an eventual rout of them as you seen with the Persians against the Greeks.

But lacking any sort of real opposition my Guess is the NATO Empire will simply fade through time just as Rome did, and that will take many years.

I want to point out I could be wrong about this though.

Our Children though will probably think that all these events occurred much quicker than we are seeing them by living history.

One thing to point out though is just as Germanic's took over Rome due to Stupidity on the Part of the Roman military leadership, so will the Arabs be a major part of the future coming social order, and the secular NATO will not defend its own people.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 02:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English/German combo
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Sagittarius
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Wellenkamp View Post
    Not sure why people avoid military service anyway. I did 21 years myself. War is in our culture. I would gladly do it again.
    Not everyone is like you. I heard of one reluctant soldier who rather bitterly compared being a soldier to being an abortionist: "we just abort them outside the womb" is how he put it. But this individual did his military service and participated in military operations because there was a national need for it. But he thought war and warfare in themselves were a pretty silly exercise. Needless to say he was a very happy traveller once his service ended.

Having said that, I'm not against compulsory military service provided there is a legitimate and valid need for it and it is not selective and corrupt; in other words, everyone has to do it without exception. Using political influence to get military service deferred or be excepted for it should not be possible; university students and others engaged in tertiary education must not be exempt or have their service deferred. All prospective male conscripts from the time they finish secondary school must allow 2 or 3 years for military service and that is it--no exceptions. But, I repeat, there must be a need for it and it done for a real military purpose. Drafting kids into the military for the sake of doing it is not constructive and is quite pointless: it would only lead to indiscipline and disorder within a country's armed forces.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, English
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Diver
    Politics
    Libertarian/Anarchicst
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Aye true drafting is not good. I feel we need to change the mind set, get these kids off mommies tit earlier. I am not a war monger and didn't mean to come off that way. What I see is a week society with soft people anymore brainwashed by liberal thought. There is a time for war and frankly killing muslims in their lands is better than fighting them in ours.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 04:28 PM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Frisian, Saxon
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Politics
    Frisian nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have a cousin who joined the Dutch military voluntarily. The reasons as he stated them, were to do something exiting, driving around in APC's, shooting guns, goof around with the guys, etc. I didn't hear anything about serving or protecting the Netherlands. Most of those missions have nothing to do with those two things anyway, but with helping less fortunate nations/people...

I would have a serious problem with that becoming compulsory for Dutch men. Also, since i don't really feel a deep bond with the Dutch nation anyway.

Now if i had to defend Frisia against a direct threat, i would be glad to do so and consider it my duty...
    Bûter, brea en griene tsiis
    Wa't dat net sizze kin is gjin oprjochte Fries!

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German, Danish, English
    Country
    State
    Florida Florida
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Diver
    Politics
    Libertarian/Anarchicst
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I can respect that. For me though I felt the urge to be proactive. Plus my whole family have always served, from the Prussian military to me now in the U.S. I have a sense of duty.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybren View Post
    I have a cousin who joined the Dutch military voluntarily. The reasons as he stated them, were to do something exiting, driving around in APC's, shooting guns, goof around with the guys, etc.
    LOL!
    Yeah that is why most of them join.

Now if i had to defend Frisia against a direct threat, i would be glad to do so and consider it my duty...
    If you ever have to defend Frisia against a direct/real threat it will NOT be in a regular army, but most likely in a irregular militia, or maybe as part of a guerrilla force.

Regular Army these days is about kissing Globalist rear-end.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Utrecht Utrecht
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Germanic Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    I have a cousin who joined the Dutch military voluntarily. The reasons as he stated them, were to do something exiting, driving around in APC's, shooting guns, goof around with the guys, etc. I didn't hear anything about serving or protecting the Netherlands.
    I doubt most volunteers join for those reasons. It is also not something the Defense department advertise with anymore. And yes, it is more about being a glorified development aid worker, unless one is part of the special unites. But this is also related with politics. A few months ago I actually read that a MP was surprised that our naval ships had opened fire on pirates when being on an anti-piracy mission.

I would have a serious problem with that becoming compulsory for Dutch men.
    It still exists, it is just nobody is called up for training and service time.
    The sense of honor is of so fine and delicate a nature that
    it is only to be met with in minds which are naturally noble or
    cultivated by good examples and a refined education.
    - Sir Richard Steele

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12