Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 02:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Culture of Pre-IE Neolithic Scandinavia and British Isles

I'm looking for some information on the settlements and culture of these people before the invasion of the Indo-Europeans. I've come to believe they are somewhat related. Were the people who settled here during these times primarily Brunn based? Here's an interesting quote from Coon regarding the Neolithic populations of the British Isles:

"The bulk of the Neolithic population of the British Isles seems to have come by sea, 56 with the Megalithic invasions which also passed on to Denmark and southern Sweden. In many parts of Scotland and in Ireland, the Megalithic people may well have been the first bringers of the Neolithic economy. In England, it was their custom to make primary interments under long barrows of earth, unchambered in Yorkshire and Derbyshire, chambered in the counties farther south."

According to Coon there is an obvious racial connection between the British Isles and Scandinavia even in modern times... mostly with the Tronder/Brunn. I'm also trying to determine if there are cultural connections as well? Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2007 @ 11:17 AM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Neolithic Scandinavia and British Isles

I read a while ago that the Long Barrow people's skeletal remains showed dolicephalic skull measurements while those of the Beaker people were quite brachycephalic. there is a theory that the Beaker people migrated from the mainland from the Iberian peninsula while the Long Barrows sailed or walked across the ice sheets from Sweden/Norway to the British Isles including the Orkneys. I can't find a source at the moment but will in due time.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren
    I read a while ago that the Long Barrow people's skeletal remains showed dolicephalic skull measurements while those of the Beaker people were quite brachycephalic. there is a theory that the Beaker people migrated from the mainland from the Iberian peninsula while the Long Barrows sailed or walked across the ice sheets from Sweden/Norway to the British Isles including the Orkneys. I can't find a source at the moment but will in due time.
    Interesting, would love to read more on that

Last Online
    Thursday, June 11th, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
    Subrace
    keltic nordid - trřnder
    fascism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren
    the Long Barrows sailed or walked across the ice sheets from Sweden/Norway to the British Isles including the Orkneys
    The long barrow people were atlanto-mediterranean. The were seafarers and invaded the british isles and scandinavia.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here are a few more quotes for SNPA:

"Scandinavian individuals of Brünn type are probably representative of the old western Scandinavian population prior to the arrival of the Nordics, many of whom were incorporated into the Brünn racial body, yielding the intermediate Trřnder type."

"
    The Trřnder type has its geographical origins in western and central Norway, where it still predominates, and its descendantry, having spread elsewhere - to Iceland, Scotland, and the northeastern English shore - still represents an important and in some places predominant racial element."

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is there any evidence that suggests a homeland for the Brünn ? We know one thing is certain, their high frequency of red hair and extremely fair skin (both deriving from the MC1R gene) comes from harsh cold weather conditions, which basically means they are a native to Northern Europe.

What I'm interested in is any cultural relationship between the
    Brünns that inhabited Scandinavia and Britian, and who they were exactly to begin with if the megaliths were created by the Long Barrow population...

Last Online
    Monday, March 5th, 2007 @ 11:17 AM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently, even in the dark ages, red haired Vikings were common while in the Isles of Britain they were few and far between. Here's a link to a blog I just came across and it revealed some interesting information concerning the ancient inhabitants of Britain.

http://www.johnbreslin.com/blog/2004/09/05/irish-celts/

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Neolithic Scandinavia and British Isles

I'm looking for some information on the settlements and culture of the 'proto-europeans' or 'old europeans' before the invasion of the Indo-Europeans or 'Nordics'. I've come to believe the old Europeans of Scandinavia and Britain are somewhat related. Here's an interesting quote from Coon:

"Scandinavian individuals of Brünn type are probably representative of the old western Scandinavian population prior to the arrival of the Nordics, many of whom were incorporated into the Brünn racial body, yielding the intermediate Trřnder type."

" The Trřnder type has its geographical origins in western and central Norway, where it still predominates, and its descendantry, having spread elsewhere - to Iceland, Scotland, and the northeastern English shore - still represents an important and in some places predominant racial element."

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2006 @ 08:12 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacQuiston
    I'm looking for some information on the settlements and culture of the 'proto-europeans' or 'old europeans' before the invasion of the Indo-Europeans or 'Nordics'. I've come to believe the old Europeans of Scandinavia and Britain are somewhat related. Here's an interesting quote from Coon:

" The Trřnder type has its geographical origins in western and central Norway, where it still predominates, and its descendantry, having spread elsewhere - to Iceland, Scotland, and the northeastern English shore - still represents an important and in some places predominant racial element."
    You are writing of the UP types, such as the Celtic Brünn and Germanic Borreby. They constitute the core of Nordish.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manx Monster
    You are writing of the UP types, such as the Celtic Brünn and Germanic Borreby. They constitute the core of Nordish.
    Aye, but what makes the Brünn related to Celtic culture if it can be found in mixed phenotypes such as the Tronder in Norway and even pure forms in parts of Southern Sweden. Coon says the Brünn was a probably a native to western Scandinavia as well. I'm also wondering if this Brünn type might be the influence of red hair found throughout the lore of Germanic culture...

Is there any evidence suggesting the Brünn travelled from Scandinavia to the British Isles or vice versa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast