Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has A Horse/Horses? / Do You Enjoy Riding Horses?

little_wing

Post [SOLVED] Is anyone into horses?

I love them, and I've been around them for as long as I can remember. They're just such beautiful, powerful and graceful animals, and there's nothing that fills you with such an enormous feeling of utter freedom to ride a horse in full gallop over a field...

Kaotiksoul6sic6

Yea horses are pretty amazing animals it only takes them very little time when born to get up and walk around and run that is pretty cool.

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post little_wing

Originally posted by little_wing
    Is anyone into horses?
    Lets just say I wouldn't rule it out:erm

Last Online
    Sunday, September 10th, 2006 @ 11:07 PM
    Country
    England England
    PC job now - horses from Sept!
    Politics
    on the right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who Has A Horse/Horses? / Do You Enjoy Riding Horses?

Just out of interest - do any of you have a horse? Hope this isn't too sad and that I'm not the only horse-owner! Post his/her description!

I have had my Irish Sports Horse for just over a year. He's a 15.3hh chestnut gelding age 9 - did one show last year and hopefully will do some more this year including cross-country.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, October 7th, 2006 @ 01:24 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    <--- another horse lover right here! :ja: 0000:

I have three horses, but they currently do not reside with me. A year ago I had to move from my old farm, to a house with smaller acreage... sadly, I was unable to bring my horses with me because I just didn't have anywhere for them, so I sort of "sold" them to a friend of mine... I say 'sort of' because the horses still belong to me, but she takes care of them and I gave her breeding rights to my mare as payment... It's a pretty nice arrangement, though, as the woman that they are with right now (my old boss) is the owner of an Arabian breeding ranch, and takes amazing care of all her horses; including mine. It's hard, though, because I've only seen them three times in the last year, and I just wish they were with me now... I miss my horseys!

Anyway, about the horses: I have 2 geldings, and a mare.

My favorite of the three is a 7 year old Anglo-Arab (half Thorburnoughbred, half Arabian) gelding in the most beautiful shade of rich, butterscotch Palomino... His name is Dani, and he's extremely fast, intelligent, very charming, and incredibly in-tune with me... I've developed the most wonderfully communicative relationship with him, and he's just my special guy.

My other gelding is a 9 year old, fullblood white/silver Arabian named Merlin... He's the classic epitome of Arab grace and beauty, yet he has the goofiest personality ever... if he can find a patch of mud he'll be in it, rolling around in no time flat... he especially likes to roll in the mud right after he's been washed and groomed. He's just a really laidback, gentle horse, and he is completely un-spookable... his temperment is much like my own, and I really love to ride him.

My mare is a 10 year old, fullblood creamy white Arabian named Agneta... she looks similar to Merlin, in the fact that they are both white Arabs, but the similarity really ends there... Agneta is my serious, uptight girl. She is very bossy, pushy, and cannot stand to be last in line for anything... for feeding, grooming, trail rides, etc., Agneta must always be in the lead, and if she is not she will start chasing all the other horses down, bucking, kicking, and screaming this horrible, high-pitched whinny... Fortunately, though, my geldings don't mind her attitude and they just let her get away with it... most of the time. When they do not let Agneta have her way, which rarely happens, she has bitten and kicked them to the point of causing injury, and I've had to separate her for days at a time. It's weird, though, because she is really a very nice horse to me, and other people... it's just that she is very competive and easily annoyed by other horses. Other than her bad temper, she is a fantastic riding companion, and very gentle and friendly with people... and boy is she fast! :icon12:

As you can see, I love Arabian horses... my mother raises them, I grew up riding them, and IMO there are no other horses that can match the beauty, grace, and magnificence of Arabs. They are just such amazing creatures, and though I love all horses, in general, my heart always has, and always will belong to Arabians.

When I get a chance, I'll upload some photos of my precious beauties!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    18 Hours Ago @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    My family breeds Icelandic Horses - and when I was old enough, I joined. I became a horse trainer for Icelandics (learnt it in Iceland and Germany) and worked for several years on our stud as well as for other people, breaking in their horses and showing them in competitions. Although I quitted the job now and do something completely different, I still have horses:

Fengur

Silfra

Stormsson

Silfra and Fengur - and some friends

Eír
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2012 @ 03:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Occupation
    IT
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Your horses are wonderful Blutwölfin! It has always been a dream for me to have horses, and one of the first things i'll do when i will come back to Canada, will be to buy a farmland to have horses

Last Online
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    on the right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What lovely horses! Can't work out how to pop a pic of mine on here - let me know please and I will!!!: :

I do love Arabs, but my heart is with Thorburnoughbreds - I think because I used to work at a racing yard! The Icelandic ponies are gorgeous too, I love the pics they are wonderful.

Loose-schooled my horse Merryn (the name comes from a Cornish saint) last night, he easily jumps four feet, I just have to do it with him! When I am loose-schooling and have finished he always walks over to me and then follows me as I walk around the school for him to cool off!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rose of rohan
    What lovely horses! Can't work out how to pop a pic of mine on here - let me know please and I will!!!: :
    You can upload your pictures to http://www.tinypic.com/ , and then post the code here.

Alternatively, you can attach them directly to the forum, by scrolling down to the "Manage Attachments" button under "Additional Options" when you make a posting.

Last Online
    Country
    England England
    Politics
    on the right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks Loki!

Devon my thoroughbred, in the first two pics, and Merryn in the last two!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast