Thread: Paleo-Atlantids (according to Lundman)

Last Online
    Thursday, April 15th, 2010 @ 07:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Trönder/Hälsingetypen
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Racial nationalism/Nordicism
    Religion
    Non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Paleo-Atlantids (according to Lundman)

In certain outlying parts of Scandinavia and Ireland, a primitive race - the Palaeo-Atlantid-still lives in small remnants (See Map 18). The Palaeo-Atlantid race is darker than the Nordid race - especially as regards to hair color. It is also coarser than the Faelish subrace, with stronger brow ridges, and a broader, plumper nose. With respect to the ABQ-blood group system, the Palaeo-Atlantid race is high in blood type gene r and low in blood type genes p and q. In the north, this race is named the Tydals race, after a village in central Norway.

Now we shall briefly outline the most important facts known to us of the still older history of the races of Europe. The present geographical distribution of these European races is shown in Map 17. The Palaeo-Atlantids are relatively unmixed and unaltered descendants of the Palaeolithic West European and North African Cro-Magnid race. The Cro-Magnids followed northwards the retreating ice boundary at the end of the Pleistocene. They lived as specialized hunters of the fauna inhabiting this part of Europe.

The Palaeo-Atlantids were never as depigmented as the Faelish and Scando-Nordid tribes who migrated after them. The latter two races have originated from other, later, closely-related Cro-Magnid proto-groups. The Faelids and Scando-Nordids were already at that time racially and culturally somewhat more highly developed. They gradually forced the Palaeo-Atlantids back into their present, barren places of refuge.

The origins of the races of Europe can be traced back to the end of the last Ice Age and the beginning of the succeeding Mesolithic period. The retreating ice cover opened up for settlement new areas of Europe. Changing climate, expanding area of settlement, and more varied habitat provided the selective forces for differentiating and molding the living races of Europe.

The descendants of the West European and North African Cro-Magnid race followed the retreating ice into western and northern Europe. The earliest migrants were the Palaeo-Atlantids, followed by the Faelish and Scando-Nordids. The depigmentation of the Faelish and Scando-Nordid races appears to have occurred as an adaptation to the cold and cloudy climate of northern Europe. The East Baltid race in adjacent areas of northeastern Europe also became strongly depigmented or blond. In the warmer and damper northwest of Europe, however, the Palaeo-Atlantid and North-Atlantid races became only partly depigmented. Thus, arose the contrast between the blond North and the brunet South of Europe which has existed for several millennia.
    Lundman, Bertil (1977). The Races and Peoples of Europe.

http://www.snpa.skadi.net/lundman-races3.htm

1. Colin Farrell
    2. Katie Holmes
    3. Robbie Williams
    4. Diana Rigg
    5. Henry Rollins
    6. Everett McGill

Last Online
    Thursday, November 16th, 2006 @ 10:45 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paleo-Atlantid ?

Hello, I joined Skadi Forum today (this is actually my second post). I was just wandering if anyone could describe or provide an image of what the paleo-atlantid facial profile looks like. I have a nordid facial profile through my maternal English heritage (i.e. rectangular/oval as opposed to rounded like a sphere) but have dark mediterranid features through my paternal Welsh heritage (ie. very dark hair and brown eyes). Due to this sub-racial mixture I would class myself as Germano-Celtic but I'm not sure whether paleo-atlantid would be a more accurate description. Thanks in advance.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 1st, 2007 @ 01:23 AM
    Subrace
    Fälisch-Nordid
    Völkisch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: Paleo-Atlantid?

I hope this might help you a little bit

Etymology:
    The name Atlantid, first applied to Mediterranean derivatives by Richard McCulloch, is meant to imply Atlanto-Mediterranean origin; in earlier works, "Paleo-Atlantid" referred to a completely different type.

Other names:
    [-]

Origin:
    Re-emergence of Mesolithic-Neolithic Atlanto-Mediterranean racial type through a Nordish chrysalis; the Mediterranean strain, initially associated with the western European culture of the Megaliths, is one of the locally oldest racial strains in Britain; the Mediterranean element is more clearly emphasized than the Nordish (typically Keltic Nordic, but also Bruenn); a second, smaller Mediterranean strain (Coon's Téviec type) may have played a part in the formation of the Atlantid types (the predominance of this differentiated element yields a type known to the Roman historians as "Silurian").

Description:
    The Paleo-Atlantid takes an intermediate morphological and anthropometric position between the Mediterranean and Nordish types involved in its formation, but the former elements predominate, and the impression is more usually of a "nordicized Mediterranean" than an "exotic Nordish" one.
    Pigmentation is darker than with the North-Atlantid group, and dark brown and black hair is unsurpassed in the majority. The eye pigment is often heavier than what is typically Nordish, and brown and dark-mixed eyes are the rule. The skin is not seldom darker than the northern European mean, and tending more towards a southern European Mediterranean color.

Illustrations:

Geographical distribution:
    Percentage estimates of Paleo-Atlantid in European populations (McCulloch):
    Wales: 30%
    England: 10%
    Scotland: 10%
    Ireland: 3%
    Iceland: 3%

Source: http://www.nordish.com

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, December 3rd, 2007 @ 02:06 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paleo-Atlantid

Since I read in SNPA the origin of Paleo-Atlantid, I'm confused about what's really. As far as I knew P-A was a pure Cro-Magnid type, but SNPA says otherwise:

Re-emergence of Mesolithic-Neolithic Atlanto-Mediterranean racial type through a Nordish chrysalis; the Mediterranean strain, initially associated with the western European culture of the Megaliths, is one of the locally oldest racial strains in Britain; the Mediterranean element is more clearly emphasized than the Nordish (typically Keltic Nordic, but also Brünn); a second, smaller Mediterranean strain (Coon's Téviec type) may have played a part in the formation of the Atlantid types (the predominance of this differentiated element yields a type known to the Roman historians as "Silurian").

The Paleo-Atlantid takes an intermediate morphological and anthropometric position between the Mediterranean and Nordish types involved in its formation, but the former elements predominate, and the impression is more usually of a "nordicized Mediterranean" than an "exotic Nordish" one.

http://www.snpa.nordish.net/rg-paleo.htm

Last Online
    Monday, October 24th, 2011 @ 07:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paleo-Atlantid

According to SNPA:
    Paleo-Atlantid
    Umbrella-term, coined by Lundman, denoting any strongly pigmented (European) Cro-Magnid/Cro-Magnoid. One example of Paleo-Atlantid is the Scandinavian Tydal type. A similar type is said to inhabit parts of Scotland. Paleo-Atlantids do not comprise an important element in any northern European population.
    Wouldn´t Coon´s Brünn and maybe the southern Berberid? Or are both of these to depigmented to be part of the Paleo-Atlantid?