Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Kilt-wearing boy wins apology

Kilt-wearing boy wins apology

A Missouri high school student who was barred from a school dance because he was wearing a Scottish kilt has received an apology from school officials after the action sparked outrage among Scottish heritage supporters.

In a letter dated January 9, Jackson School District Superintendent Ron Anderson apologized to Jackson High School senior Nathan Warmack and said the district would train staffers how to properly apply the school dress code.

The letter came after more than two months of debate and discussion about the actions of school officials when they asked Warmack, who is of Scottish descent, to change into trousers before entering the dance on November 5.

News of the event sparked an Internet petition, which was ultimately signed by more than 10,000 supporters and championed by the Clan Gunn Society of North America, which promotes Scottish heritage and traditions.

"Individual members felt like there had been an injustice to the young man," said society president Rich Gunn.

Source
    Lík börn leika best.

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1b>U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Leo
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Paying the bills
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    Hmm. Kids in my county aren't allowed to wear anything with Confederate symbols depicted, might offend the coloreds. This in a place that was pretty strongly Confederate territory in the War Between the States, many of whom like myself are descended from and related to Confederate veterans :frown: Southern heritage is verboten all across the South, go figure :speechles
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army

Last Online
    Friday, September 12th, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
    Subrace
    East Baltid
    Occupation
    Accountant
    Politics
    White Supremacist
    Religion
    Learning Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf
    Hmm. Kids in my county aren't allowed to wear anything with Confederate symbols depicted, might offend the coloreds. This in a place that was pretty strongly Confederate territory in the War Between the States, many of whom like myself are descended from and related to Confederate veterans :frown: Southern heritage is verboten all across the South, go figure :speechles
    So what happens if you show up at school/workplace in full confederate uniform?
    Hauled away in chains, by 200 swat officers, and giver 35.000 years of prison for hatespeech?

Try it, and use something like this:
    "well, its very sad you cannot be more open minded and loving towards my culture.. it must be terrible to be consumed by bigotry like that, but you will just have to show a bit more tolerance, since i have the right to freely express myself!"
    Ignored: Nicholas

Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    8 Hours Ago @ 03:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England/Britain
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R1b>U106>L48
    mtDNA
    H3af
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Leo
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Paying the bills
    Politics
    Confederate
    Religion
    Folkish Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    297 Posts
    So what happens if you show up at school/workplace in full confederate uniform?
    Hauled away in chains, by 200 swat officers, and giver 35.000 years of prison for hatespeech?
    Naah, just suspended if you're a school kid. My niece was suspended for wearing a t-shirt with the Confederate battleflag on it. Supposedly causes "racial incitement". eyes: The negroes flatter themselves far too much in thinking that symbol of freedom and valor has aught to do with them one way or the other. :
    "Almost every name belongs to well-known families of English stock....these soldiers were of ancient American lineage"- Prof. N.S. Shaler on the 1st Kentucky "Orphan" Brigade, Confederate States Army