Arya/Paleoeuropeidal (norda) :D
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Fairness
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "slavic" languages are absolutely arteficial (Read "slawenlegende"). The "glagolica", invented by a bunch of monks, is nothing but an ancient esperanto, creating new words, definitions and alphabet out of regional slangs.

The craddle of European Civilization comes from the North. All blond people originate from the north. So if you see a blond-blue eyed Slovene, Russian, Czech, Polak ect., you can be 100% sure that his ancient ancestors originated from "Germanics" (Germanic = Nordic).
    "slovenja" was the settelment of the Langobards = Germanics/Teutons. "Poland" of the Goths and East-Vandals ect. ect. What do "slavs" tell us about their origin?
    Some silly story that they originate from some swamps in the east and popped out of no where into history.

So you see my dear "Gorostan" [=Triglav], you are in reality a "Germanic" indoctrinated with panslav propaganda and historic fantasy stories. ~Dr. Brandt, former TNP and Skadi member

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon Southron
    Ancestry
    Angelcynn/Gaeilge/Deutsch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    coal miner
    Politics
    Folkish/Libertarian/Secessionist
    Religion
    Heathen (Fyrnsidu/"Odinist")
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    But people without traditions are rootless, so Christian traditions are better than no traditions at all.
    Perhaps. Better in my biased opinion as a Heathen would be the native folk-ways of one's ancestors, where true roots lie, not an alien import from the Mid-East.
    Hear the call of Woden all ye Germanics looking for your spiritual heritage, Lugh ye Gaels, Zeuss for ye Greeks 'n Italians, ?Perkun? all ye Slavs, etc. I confess I know little about native Finnish/Baltic heathenism, but you get the idea.

[QUOTE]Sorry if the Heathens took back their festival on the wrong thread, lol. We will take it back somewhere else instead. We will take it back, though, that's a promise. We won't ban Christmas either. We aren't Muslims. [QUOTE]
    Oops. Late to the party as usual.
    "Yet Thomas Jefferson’s interest in the Saxon heritage went far beyond matters of philology. He held that the forward movement of British settlement in North America was a continuation of the original migration of Hengist and Horsa. It was all part of the vigorous expansion of a superior group of people. Jefferson even went so far as to suggest that the form of government being adopted in the emerging United States represented a restoration of the sublime Anglo-Saxon principles..."

Last Online
    Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=beowulf]Perhaps. Better in my biased opinion as a Heathen would be the native folk-ways of one's ancestors, where true roots lie, not an alien import from the Mid-East.
    Hear the call of Woden all ye Germanics looking for your spiritual heritage, Lugh ye Gaels, Zeuss for ye Greeks 'n Italians, ?Perkun? all ye Slavs, etc. I confess I know little about native Finnish/Baltic heathenism, but you get the idea.

Agree with you entirely. Beautiful unique cultures were built round these things. Good news is that the Greeks are after re-erecting the statue of Helios (the "Colossus") at Rhodes.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 @ 10:42 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    But is not Heathen tradition broken (question to all Heathens)? I mean, tradition is something continual. Once it broken, it can never be restored in original meaning. Just my opinion, don't bite too hard.
    This situation gives birth to plenty of neo-smth, wiccans etc etc, fake interpretations and so on.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 12th, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palesye
    But is not Heathen tradition broken (question to all Heathens)? I mean, tradition is something continual. Once it broken, it can never be restored in original meaning. Just my opinion, don't bite too hard.
    This situation gives birth to plenty of neo-smth, wiccans etc etc, fake interpretations and so on.
    I agree with this. Todays heathenism is neo-heathenism, however it doesn't make it any worse.

Heathenism was replaced by Christianity in Germanic areas about a millennium ago. Then there has been a millennium of Christianism and indeed during that time it has changed quite a bit from the original. In northern parts of Europe Lutheranism has been the main religion for almost 500 years and it is quite different from Catholicism.

Of course many heathen traditions continued their existence in Christianism, and Christmas is one of them.

I fully support those who have chosen the religion their ancestors some 500 generations ago practised. But they should not condemn those who have chosen otherwise.

I don't like religious fanaticism. I don't care if the fanatic is Odinist or muslim, fanatic is always a fanatic :

Hmm... my dictionary says the other meaning for the word fanatic is fascist

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fasicsts there are, but they are political. Paganism in Europe today is very nature-oriented, very green, very different from what it was, obviously because we are not what we were so we would have evolved anyway. Science has removed superstition. At least it should have. Too many pagans today are obsessed with an idea that they can perform "magic". This is nonsense. However it will be transitory as more people from various walks of life join. The more educated, enlightened people you get in a religion the more complex and interesting it becomes. That is what happened to Christianity. At first ignorance and blind belief and all the demons and wonders and magic and as time went by the more sane, humane intelligence of its variations. Luther was not a peasant, he was a scholar. So his Christianity would have have been much different from the creed forced on the hapless ignorant peasants of early Europe. The rich usually accepted it because they knew it would advance their wealth or power. But when they translated the Bible so people could read it in their own languages the ordinary individual could become his own kind of Christian. They did, unfortunately and tragically, burn at the stake the man who translated it from Latin into English.

Paganism today is varied because it's largely experimental, like early Christianity. It will weather down to whatever suits a group. There are "fascists" who try and lay down rules and laws and behave badly by rejecting other groups and so on. The "we have the only answer" type. It's snobbish and egotistical and usually causes nothing but more splits.

European paganism is a good creed when its practised by people who aren't using it for other reasons. If you use any religion like that it eventually causes you to be harmed by it or to harm others by your actions. Christianity more than made up for its history of this behaviour. Islam is now doing the same. But European paganism is growing out of a need for people who have lost their identity to find it again through a faith that belongs to them ethnically and is very old. It contains a world view that is ancient and that is ours. many Africans are investigating a similar route for themselves and so are Native Americans and even Mexicans are starting to think about what it really means to be what is now grouped as "Mexican".

European Paganism will never be what Christianity was. There will never be mass convertions. It is more a gentle return to earth and to connection with ancestors and spirituality that is grounded in an idea of a circle not a straight line. In the myth of the eternal return rather than a linear path from birth to death to heaven or hell. Paganism is organic in that it can grow and evolve as the individual and his world does and it involves above all a good relationship with the world rather than a vision of that world as filled with evil or sadness. The world itself is considered to be basically positive and regenerative through time as part of the cosmic spectacle. And women have a completely different significance in European paganism to the one they have in the Abrahamic faiths.

Be careful of matching heathenism to political agendas. You get people who have missed the point and worship race instead. This is not heathenism. This is something else. They aren't accepted by genuine heathens. They are considered as a cult based on past misconceptions of heathenism by certain people. Time will tell what develops.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    @ Silver Falcon

Yes, that's why I find it quite humorous when I read news articles reporting the banning of Xmas lights in city centres and carol singing etc.

Christianity is steadily being sidelined as un-PC and somehow 'unsavoury',
    exactly like the 'religion' preceding it in Northern Europe was. By the Christians.

I was brought up strictly Church of England, though I have abjured this faith.
    But when I see the Head of the C. of E. (Prince Charles) wanting to discard his future title of 'Defender of the Faith', in favour of 'Defender of Faiths', it still disgusts me.

I will say, those aforementioned news stories do get my back up, because of the alien influences who are demanding such action.

But, NO sympathy for Anglicanism/ Roman Catholicism plc.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Midnight Green, my people also come from East Anglia. Waes Hael!

The Prince of whom you speak would appear to be a closet Muslim and I think this is why he has more than a seeming multicultural agenda. He treated his first wife so badly he chased her into the arms of the enemy, so as far as I am concerned he isn't a "defender" at all, but a selfish introvert who finally got what he always wanted and didn't care if a kingdom was shamed for him to do it. His mother last year made a multicultural speech designed for her by her masters. How dreary kings are. All the way from the one who sold the Anglo-Saxons into the feudal dictatorship of the Normans and prostituted us to an illegitimate usurper to the dandies of today in a pair of princes with the IQs of tortoise dung.

Islam is easiest to defend against now. We can say "no thanks". We can say it with conviction and we can show that we mean it. We do not have to fight it with Christianity or anything but our unwillingness to live side by side with it and our equal unwillingness to upohold so-called leaders who sell us into slavery.

We must say "NO" and we say it soon and we must say it with conviction in massive numbers and we must order the left to leave the arena or fight. If they fight they may take on more than they bargained for and if they leave with the understanding that the people have spoken they may escape the people's anger.

It all depends on how egotistical they are, on how much they think we think they can't lose. Everyone can lose, but not everyone can win. That is a conundrum the left must think about, not before it's too late for us but before it's too late for them.

:angryfis:

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 @ 12:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon Southron
    Ancestry
    Angelcynn/Gaeilge/Deutsch
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    coal miner
    Politics
    Folkish/Libertarian/Secessionist
    Religion
    Heathen (Fyrnsidu/"Odinist")
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You are correct. Modern Heathenry must necessarily involve reconstruction. We are quite aware that unfortunately what we practice today cannot be the original Heathen traditions. We try to be as faithful to historical information and the native lore on our religious practices as possible.
    I am no christian but neither am I a religious "fanatic". I do not condemn others who wish to be christian as long as they do not force it upon me. My family and kin are all devout christians, baptist, and catholic, and I love them or respect them though I do not accept their faiths. Theirs is the way of religious intolerance and fanatacism unfortunately :frown:
    Muslims I do not accept nor tolerate because of the alien danger, racial and cultural, they present, the same for judaism. I have naught against other faiths so long as they do not infringe upon mine.
    "Yet Thomas Jefferson’s interest in the Saxon heritage went far beyond matters of philology. He held that the forward movement of British settlement in North America was a continuation of the original migration of Hengist and Horsa. It was all part of the vigorous expansion of a superior group of people. Jefferson even went so far as to suggest that the form of government being adopted in the emerging United States represented a restoration of the sublime Anglo-Saxon principles..."

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What we must think about, Beowulf, is that if our people had not been converted they would have had spiritual evolution from those traditions lasting a thousand years. This would have changed and developed and advanced the world view considerably. The Vikings had an extra 500 years on the Anglo-Saxons because of earlier conversion of the latter. This is why I don't hold to purist revivalist heathenry. It is a tradition of individuality anyway and this is how I'd like to see it stay. Within the broad confines of Northern European paganism. I think it's time the funny costumes and archaic speech were modernised so that we can truly begin to take our place as a religion of the modern world and a spiritual view that is contemporary and can accommodate science, technology and progress. That is what I believe would have happened naturally anyway as our ancestors were often on the cutting edge of these things as they moved about and developed their skills.

And certain aspects of a fascist nature have no place in our faith, had no place in it and should have no place in it in the future. That is one of our greatest battles. We need to confront a few remaining Jotuns to reach the new world on the gleaming plain of Idavoll.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast