Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Christmas is Racism?

By Petri Salmén

Every Finn has much the same image of Christmas and how it is spent: snow, the tree, the groaning dinner-table, peace & goodwill, and of course Santa Claus!

There is a desire to preserve the illusion, even if snow is no longer a given in Southern Finland.

Christmas is a sense of a familiar and safe continuum; even if the year to date has been a heavy one, Christmas is like coming home again.

Now holes have been made in the veils of illusion through a fanatical sense of political correctness, in other words the thinking that celebrating Christmas offends the sensibilities of some minorities living in Finland.

I find it sad that already in the kindergartens and in the lower forms of elementary schools people have to consider new ways of celebrating the Yuletide season, in order not to offend the parents of immigrant children.

I naturally understand the importance of taking account of the feelings of others and respecting minorities.

But I do not understand that we go so far in arrangements by which the ways of celebrating Christmas that have already been dinned into children at home are invalidated in the name of political correctness. Are five million Finns somehow celebrating Christmas "in the wrong way"?

Although I am an atheist, I have no wish to limit the Christian message of the season in any shape or form. The marking of the birthday of Christ is as well suited as a theme for Christmas as the fact that I choose to celebrate the darkest time of the year by lights and candles. I even attend a school concert when and if it is held in a church.

Let us consider the matter from the opposite perspective. Who is the brave soul who would suggest to the Muslims that the celebration of the fasting month of Ramadan should be brought to an end?

And is there someone out there who would deny the Jewish community the right to burn candles during Hanukkah on the grounds that it constitutes a fire-risk?

We haven't come to that, surely?

At the risk of my being labelled as hopelessly un-PC, I wish you all a Merry and Peaceful Christmas, and understanding and patience one towards another!

Helsingin Sanomat / First published in print 10.12.2005

Source

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    People are so stupid... :speechles

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    13 Hours Ago @ 08:46 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Just another proof of the unimportance of our own culture compared with the oh-so-poor immigrants. And still way too few people stand up. They make our teachers learn Turkish, they make us remove calendars out of offices because they show pigs, now they want to take away the Yuletide. Probably just a matter of time until all our women will wear headscarfs and our men lay down on the earth to pray towards Mekka several times a day for not hurting the feelings of the people that entered our countries not on our will....
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Thursday, February 12th, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    People are so stupid... :speechles
    Aye :frown:

But it's good that this issue is brought in public. This PC crap starts to be reality in Finland also.

Here's a link to a discussion PP helped me to find about a school in Eastern Helsinki where banning Christmas is already reality. The discussion is in Finnish only.

http://www.helsinginsanomat.fi/kesku...2970&tstart=10

Last Online
    Friday, July 10th, 2009 @ 03:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think I posted up a link to this site before in some earlier post, but I am reminded of another article which describes an utterly idiotic battle between the school board and students in a town in New Jersey over singing Christmas tunes with a religious character. Here is the link: http://www.weirdrepublic.com/episode61.htm. It is funny, in this article, who the ones against the Christmas tunes turn out to be.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 @ 08:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Christianity is an imperial religion which started in the semitic tribes of the middle east, spread throughout europe, south america and eventually throughout africa as well as far-off places like oceania.

It is the all-inclusive religion of worldwide 'brotherhood'.

Christianity aims only to grow in influence and power; in order to achieve its goal of 'saving' the world through Christ, it will convert any and all peoples by whatever means necessary.

Hegemonistic? Surely. Supercilious? Definitely. Imperialistic? Absolutely. Racist? Hardly. Racism is quite contrary to Christianity. Christianity and its goals are diametrically opposed to ethno-nationalism and its goals; there is little doubt that Christendom cannot hope to survive a resurgence of healthy ethno-nationalism, and thus will fight against all efforts such as our own.

How can one accept Christ as his Lord and saviour, but reject his 'brother'?

The PC/Multi-Cult nutjobs are shadowboxing, this time. Christ is probably their greatest ally.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It's amazing that such an outspoken article could have emerged from Aatos Erkko's Minitrue department. :

Last Online
    Monday, November 27th, 2006 @ 04:26 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    anonymaus: That's largely true, yes. But people without traditions are rootless, so Christian traditions are better than no traditions at all.

And I think our society as a whole, Muslims and us non-believers included, can tolerate that much of Christianity.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    13 Hours Ago @ 08:46 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Actually most Christmas customs derive from old Heathen customs, Jul, and are just adapted by the Christian faith. So even if you don't notice it on first sight, but by forbidding Christmas and its customs you're not just forbidding another superimposing religion, but you're also forbidding a tradition more than thousand years old.
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 23rd, 2006 @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutwölfin
    Actually most Christmas customs derive from old Heathen customs, Jul, and are just adapted by the Christian faith. So even if you don't notice it on first sight, but by forbidding Christmas and its customs you're not just forbidding another superimposing religion, but you're also forbidding a tradition more than thousand years old.
    You have said what needs to be said, besides the perfectly rational opinion by Anonymaus. The season of "Christ Mass" is totally overlaid on the feast of Yule, the Northern pagan festival of the reborn sun. The Mother Night, the holiest of nights since Neolothic times. Christ did not exist. This is steadily being understood by more and more serious scholars. If he had been a man born at this time then the Gospels have the time wrong because there would have been no shepherds out watching flocks in the middle of winter. For that to happen Jesus would have had to have been born sometime in the opposing season.

It irks the daylights out of secular and pagan alike to have the Hebrew hero's sado-masochistic demise shoved down their throats every December. To see our traditional feast days being usurped by Christianity and to constantly be sidelined is becoming more than we are willing to tolerate. Calling them "our culture" is worse. Very soon the Heathen, and hopefully the Celts (I won't hold my breath on them but I live in hope) are going to get up and demand to be acknowledged as the originators of the whole shebang in the Northern expression of midwinter. It's ours. We demand that children be taught the truth about the origins of "Christmas". By all means adhere to a faith that is semitic and universalist but please remember us, our ancestors and our culture of sun veneration that has been with us from Indo-European times and that was rudely and imperiously interrupted and usurped by the Jewish godman. He has absolutely no right to be the centre of this season. Many fundi Christians realise this and now don't celebrate, fearful that they are indulging in pagan rites. They are, so I agree with them there. Jesus isn't Balder or Frey. The light of Christianity is not the sun. Mary is not Freya.

Tradition has been transformed. Argh. That habit certain people have of changing what isn't theirs and destroying anything that stood before it. The day is coming when we shall demand the reinstatement of the Irminsul in the German forest where it was viciously brought down by Charlemagne's thugs. The reinstitution of the sacred woods and the sacred oak. The reinstitution of our festival as the only one that can claim the right to Mothers Night.

We don't worship the fictitious Jewish king. We venerate the return of the sun. When Christians place bright balls on the tree they have no idea that they are actually placing what used to be globes of the returning light onto the tree of life. Odin is Santa who brings gifts. Heimdall brings gifts. We don't have three wise middle eastern kings. We have no star of Bethlehem. We have only the sun. And the folk. We see the return of the sun as the rebirth of our people and crops and animals in a new year. Long ago a child was passed through the legs of an adult woman on this night in honour of the rebirth of the light, the sun.

People will disagree and be annoyed with us, it's true. They acknowledge but they can't understand why we ourselves are so offended. Why we rise but we won't shine on this one. It is because we demand recognition. Yule is ours. Yule is the festival of the reborn sun.

http://www.tryskelion.com/yule7.htm

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast