Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Oh, it gets worse......

Beowulf and cannibal rap :kaioken1:
    http://cuip.net/~iabrams/OE_Rap_port/OE_home.htm

the relatively Big Budget effort (that I'm sure most of you already know about, but just in case) that turns this ancient heathen epic into a PC lecture on the ills of racism. Grendel is a Negro (or similar) and just wants to make friends, he is forced to kill to defend himself from the racist Scandinavians. Beowulf confronts Grendel with a heavy heart, as, being a Hero we should all look up to, he knows that we are all just "one race" 0000:

http://www.beowulf-movie.com/

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-f.../06/12.45.film

Gerard Butler, star of the upcoming medieval adventure movie Beowulf &
    Grendel, told SCI FI Wire that the film puts an intriguing spin on the
    epic poem that is its source. "[Beowulf] turns up as the hero to take
    on this troll [Ingvar Eggert Sigurdsson as Grendel], only to find out
    that his hero's quest isn't exactly what he expected," Butler said in
    an interview while promoting his current project, The Phantom of the
    Opera. "Especially in older tales, it's just good versus evil."

In the original Anglo-Saxon poem Beowulf, the central character is a
    Norse hero who vanquishes the evil Grendel and saves his village. But
    in the film, Butler said, "Beowulf arrives to find that this troll
    everybody considers pure evil isn't necessarily pure evil. It's just
    the case that it's black and white. And even Beowulf as a hero, he's
    not a typical hero. He sees things a little more deeply and doesn't
    necessarily enjoy what he does. He's just very good at it. So he comes
    across this thing that everyone perceives as a monster, only to find
    out that this monster doesn't want to fight them, because they've
    never done anything to him. At the same time, we're on this inevitable
    path to conquest just because they're different."

Butler described Beowulf & Grendel as a metaphor for racism and the
    different ways in which cultures interact. "People's ignorance about
    other human beings can lead to violence," Butler said. "It's just a
    sad lack of understanding that causes all the problems. I think the
    story is so beautiful and powerful and human, and yet gritty and real.
    And the dialogue is so incredibly poetic, but tough." Beowulf &
    Grendel will be released in 2005.
    It makes me SO happy I feel like starting a fire.....

edit: and there's even MORE!

Robert "Shlomo" Zemeckis
    http://www.nndb.com/people/224/000025149/

Robert Zemeckis Directing Second Beowulf Movie
    http://movies.monstersandcritics.com..._Beowulf_Movie

Roger Avary and Neil Gaiman have joined forces with Steve Bing and Robert Zemeckis to bring the oldest written English language myth, Beowulf, to the big screen through the magic of performance capture.

Zemeckis will direct from the screenplay by Avary and Gaiman. The project will be financed by Shangri-La Entertainment, which is currently in discussions with Sony Pictures Entertainment to distribute all of its feature films. The film will be produced by Robert Zemeckis, Steve Starkey and Jack Rapke. Martin Shafer will serve as executive producer along with Avary and Gaiman.

Zemeckis is the acclaimed Academy Award-winning director of "Forrest Gump" as well as such major hit films as "Castaway," "What Lies Beneath," "Contact," the "Back to the Future" trilogy, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit," "Romancing the Stone" and "Death Becomes Her."

Avary, who is an actual Viking descendant, won an Academy Award for his collaboration with Quentin Tarantino on "Pulp Fiction," and is the writer/director of such acclaimed films as "Killing Zoe" and "The Rules of Attraction." Avary is currently finishing the screenplay adaptation of the hit Konami videogame, "Silent Hill," for Producer Samuel Hadida and Tristar Pictures.

Gaiman is the Hugo and Nebula-Award winning author of such novels as American Gods and Coraline, and is best known as the creator of DC Comics' legendary Sandman. He wrote the English Language Script for the Miyazaki film Princess Mononoke. His first feature, "MirrorMask," directed by Dave McKean, premieres at the Sundance Film Festival.

His short film A Short Film About John Bolton was just released on DVD. Projects in development based on work by Gaiman include Coraline, which Henry Selick is writing and directing, and Stardust, with director Matthew Vaughn. Gaiman is writing and will be directing Death and Me, based on his DC Comics graphic novel Death: The High Cost of Living for New Line Cinema.

Beowulf was one of the tales that inspired J. R. R. Tolkien, a medieval adventure that tells the bloodsoaked tale of a Norse warrior’s battle against the great and murderous troll, Grendel.
    Gee, I can't WAIT to enjoy a Jewish/Hollywood "Spielberg Gang" version of Beowulf.

I seriously think this is all happening to wreck the perception the younger generations has of their heritage, so that it cannot be used as a tool to awaken racial or cultural identity/pride, any association attached to "Beowulf" being what Spielberg & Co dictate it to be in these foul, evil, poisonous efforts in vindictive vandalization :kaioken1:

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 @ 08:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What the hell is going on :O

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 20th, 2007 @ 09:27 PM
    Country
    Finland Finland
    Having a longtime companion
    Occupation
    X-Rays & Uranium
    Religion
    I Exist.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I do quite like Gaiman's work (Sandman was very good, Good Omens which he wrote with Terry Pratchett was superb! Haven't read American Gods as of yet), but as for the rest... :speechles

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus
    American Gods
    By no means essential, but still an entertaining read.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 04:15 PM
    Subrace
    Skando-Nordid->CM
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Film to Butcher Beowulf : Black Viking

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=7113

Black "Vikings" -- the works

A sad day......

I have just been forwarded a letter from Director Scott Wegener, which was a response to a letter critical of his film.

In part it reads... "There is no distortion of history here. BEOWULF IS FICTION. He never existed. The origins of the poem have nothing to do with Scandinavian culture (few Scandinavians have even HEARD of Beowulf. Why? Because it is ENGLISH FICTION!!)"

We've sent Mr Wegener ample evidence of the historic context of this work and I even personally put him onto Martin Carver's excellent book 'Sutton Hoo: Burial Place of kings?' which clearly shows the Scandinavian origins of Beowulf, and of course the Angles, Jutes and Saxons came from the area we would now identify as Scandinavia and North West Germany.

'Beowulf' undoubtedly contains mythic elements but Mr Wegener struggles with the idea that these are embellishments upon a recognised historical framework. Homer's great epic the 'Illiad' is another example of a literary work where there is an elaboration upon an historic theme.

And yes...it is indeed sad that modern day Scandinavians don't know more about their own ancestors...

Wegener has changed his position in almost every letter I have seen of his. Early on he admitted that he didn't know there was an indigenous North Seas spirituality, and said that most of his knowledge of 'viking' culture came from reading 'Thorburn' comics. He promised at one point that his film would show 'viking' society as a 'living, breathing' reality, which is a very noble aim, but irrelevant to 'Beowulf' which is about a much earlier period. He claimed that 'Beowulf' couldn't have any historical basis because it had monsters in it, and of course we all know monsters don't exist therefore 'Beowulf' is fiction, therefore it is a universal tale to do what he likes with. (There is a book about a guy called Jesus who also does some pretty far fetched stuff, but most of us accept there is a historical basis to the actual person of Jesus, with the rest being a matter of debate...)

So Wegener has taken the artistic liberty of making Beowulf an African 'Viking'. Fair enough...why not? American films have always trampled upon the culture and history of other people. It's almost a tradition! I for one, always thought it was the British who got the 'enigma' machine from the Germans...but no...according to the film 'U571' a US rock star and his mates pulled that one off. King Arthur, despite the weight of archaeological evidence, was of course a Sarmatian not an indigenous British hero. And so on. That's fine...appropriate other peoples' cultures, do minimal research - that's the American way - but why do they then always seem to want to claim it's the 'true' version? I guess it's a country in which a proven fabricator like Mike Moore can win an Oscar for a 'documentary' and be a hero to the left of politics and George W can bend the truth a little about WMD's and be a hero to his gang on the other end of the spectrum, and pretty much everyone thinks it's okay because it's in the service of some grand cause.

And it must be said Wegener does have a 'grand cause' so I guess that makes it all okay. The aim of Prince of the Geats is said to be to raise money for the US Cancer Society in a bid to help Afro Americans who apparently have a higher incidence of cancer. He has stated that he wanted to depict a strong role model for Afro Americans, so of course he chose a Germanic hero as his inspiration. Personally if I wanted to empower them I would choose a story that they could claim ownership of...for example the film 'Glory' showed Afro Americans behaving with great gallantry, and best of all it was a true story that they could claim ownership of. So it is all very strange...maybe it makes sense to Americans.

I just wish if they wanted to trash culture and history, whether it's in the name of a grand cause, or they are just doing it for fun...I wish they'd stick to their own culture and history! I'd love to see Sam Jackson as George Washington! Or Halle Berry as Abraham Lincoln! Tom Hanks as Martin Luther King...hang on - that would be 'racist'!
    Speaking of which, in a disturbing turn of events Scott Wegener has taken the gloves off and abandoned his 'good guy' image...he's now calling his critics 'racists'! In the letter I quoted from above a politely worded letter of complaint about his film was given a quite hysterical response accusing the writer of all manner of very unpleasant intentions, and yes the 'r' word was used quite a bit. Reminds me of when Venus Williams was booed off centre court here at the Australian Open...the New York Times reported it was 'racism' even though year after year she has been a crowd favourite here. The crowd booed because they thought she was taking liberties with the length of her breaks!
    Tired

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2006 @ 05:33 AM
    Occupation
    Wanderer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Counter-Film

Then lets make a Shaka Zulu movie and get one of us to play Shaka Zulu. :negro000:
    The third shall be the final and decisive one.

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool - shun him.
    He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child - teach him.
    He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep - wake him.
    He who knows, and knows that he knows, is wise - follow him.

Last Online
    Friday, February 8th, 2019 @ 11:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt
    Ancestry
    West Country Zider 'ead.
    Subrace
    Brünn/Keltic-Nordic
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Engaged
    Occupation
    Slinger
    Politics
    Uncer Dæg Willa Becuman
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Younger Beowulf(Jayshan Jackson).

Younger Beowulf in fetching costume.

Older Beowulf(Damon Lynch III).

I'll have to watch that one!
    "The only way to get smarter is to play a smarter opponent."

Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2009 @ 10:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Niedersachsen , gijon
    Subrace
    Nordic amd Ibero-Celtic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    New York New York
    not happy to be divorced
    Occupation
    All ways working
    Politics
    Community Volkisch
    Religion
    Old Religion - European
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Are these people out of their minds? I mean really. It does not make sense. Black people do not like the cold. Southern Europeans do not even like the cold. What would happen is they would all die off like mayflies at the end of summer. All this mish-moshed media makes things that create topsy turvy thinking. It is not funny, its garbage for the brain.

Last Online
    Sunday, October 31st, 2010 @ 07:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Faroese
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Married parent
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Neoplatonism/Hermetic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It can't be much less horrendously ridiculous than that 'Kingdom of God' movie which begins with a negro crusader marching through Northern France in the mid 12th century.

That doesn't implicitly tell us anything about the regime we live under or anything like that, but is based on sheer historical fact......

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts
    The movie was filmed in the USA and in Norway:S

This from the Producer/Director of "Beowulf: Prince of the Geats"

BPOG has just wrapping principal photography in six states and Norway and is now in post production, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Release date is slated as March 2007.

BPOG is an all volunteer mtion picture aimed at raising $1 million for the American Cancer Society through sale and distribution, as well as other related fund raising activities. 100% of all domestic proceeds FROM DIME ONE will go to ACS (European proceeds to go to the Nowegian Cancer Association).

Despite several assumptions that BPOG is taking drastic liberties with the Beowulf saga because of the casting of black actors (Jayshan Jackson and Damon Lynch III) to play the fictious hero, nothing could be further from the truth. Unlike the Christopher Lampert and Gerard Butler renditions, which bear little resemblance to the original poem's plot points or development, BPOG faithfully takes its audience through the confrontations with Grendel (Christian Boeving), Grendel's mother (Deb Smith-Ford) and the fire breathing dragon (which I don't think ANYONE has done yet).

Homepage http://www.princeofthegeats.com/index.html

Also: "An all volunteer motion picture to benefit the american cancer society"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123