Subrace
    Don't know
    NS
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post New world vs. Old Europe

The more I get into the subject, the more I find myself having a fondness for the more deeply rooted cultures and languages of Europe. Mybe this is simply a reaction to the american media I see everytime I might turn the television or radio on. Negro-glorifying filth, portraying them as some sort of demi-gods, who us whites should sleep with and worship. Not that the ''new Europe'' is much better, but left with a choice, I know where my sympathies tend toward.
    http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/devilnsw/Newsig.jpg

Adam:''I made a decision, and it was wrong. It was a bad call, Noddy, it was a bad call.''

Noddy:'' These people are mixed jerk!!! Do you have any idea of what you've done here? I hope they nail you to the wall for this one. You're not gonna 'jesus christ' your way out of this one. Right to the wall.''

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: New world vs. Old Europe

Old Europe definately!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I choose both. Why not? Everyone does in reality.

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 07:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Both. I'd love to have been raised in a Catholic family in traditional Irish society (yes, even if my current views are almost anything but Catholic), but without the new world, I wouldn't be who I am. In either case, the future is more important - best do what we can to make sure it's ours.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Old Europe, most definitely. Europe is a mighty tree with roots of thousands of years, millions of graves and oceans of blood. America is a mushroom

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 09:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    Old Europe, most definitely. Europe is a mighty tree with roots of thousands of years, millions of graves and oceans of blood. America is a mushroom
    The question is too open ended. There is merit to both the New World and Old Europe. I think in some ways Europeans have too much history and culture. They fight battles over patches of dirt the size of Rhode Island - e.g. Northern Ireland, the Balkans, etc. Americans are free of many of the prejudices that Europeans have - especially class and ethnic prejudices. In the USA, if you're white, you're simply white. Identity issues such as Slavic vs German have little meaning to most Americans in the last couple generations.

I think the sort of chaos that happens when you throw people together in an open-ended environment, like the Old West was, like the big cities of the 19th and early 20th centuries were - leads to a kind of cultural fermentation and burst of creativity. Consider the American music and film industry: while there have been a few good European contributions in the 20th century, they are nothng compared to what Americans created. I'll watch Spielburg over Fellini any day.

The downside of this Americanization is that the feeling of closeness to family and tradition that Europeans still have is gone. Even old purely American regional character is dissappearing as local businesses and habits are replaced by Walmart and Starbucks - typical inventions of American capitalism. Culture in the USA is cheap rather than deep. Cultural items are are commodities rather than heartfelt creations. America seems to have become "decadent" at lightning speed.

The only thing I see livening up the cultural scene in America is that Latin American immigrants. I think they are a mentally very immature and disparate group, but they might have great potential for development. They are very vital people, and most of the ones I've dealt with have a depth of feeling - something neccessary to create great culture.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Last Online
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Arrow Re: New world vs. Old Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    The question is too open ended. There is merit to both the New World and Old Europe. I think in some ways Europeans have too much history and culture. They fight battles over patches of dirt the size of Rhode Island - e.g. Northern Ireland, the Balkans, etc. Americans are free of many of the prejudices that Europeans have - especially class and ethnic prejudices. In the USA, if you're white, you're simply white. Identity issues such as Slavic vs German have little meaning to most Americans in the last couple generations.
    Europe too was once a huge, relatively uninhabited and unconquered land. I can see that the spirit of the first Europeans was probably similar to those of the colonizers of American continent.

If USA was entirely white, again, people would either (truly*) revive the prejudices of old ( Slav vs. German, Nord vs. Med etc. ) By truly, I mean on a mass scale, I consider McCulloch and the like to be a marginal phenomenon.

I think the sort of chaos that happens when you throw people together in an open-ended environment, like the Old West was, like the big cities of the 19th and early 20th centuries were - leads to a kind of cultural fermentation and burst of creativity. Consider the American music and film industry: while there have been a few good European contributions in the 20th century, they are nothng compared to what Americans created. I'll watch Spielburg over Fellini any day.
    I disagree because I simply cannot feel American culture like I can European. I prefer Brittish humor and music, Russian films, Italian design, etc.

The downside of this Americanization is that the feeling of closeness to family and tradition that Europeans still have is gone. Even old purely American regional character is dissappearing as local businesses and habits are replaced by Walmart and Starbucks - typical inventions of American capitalism. Culture in the USA is cheap rather than deep. Cultural items are are commodities rather than heartfelt creations. America seems to have become "decadent" at lightning speed.
    Not to mention constant moving around, from state to state, from city to city.
    There are advantages and disadvantages in mass communication.

The only thing I see livening up the cultural scene in America is that Latin American immigrants. I think they are a mentally very immature and disparate group, but they might have great potential for development. They are very vital people, and most of the ones I've dealt with have a depth of feeling - something neccessary to create great culture.
    They've actually created something new and lasting on the American continent. If tomorrow something happened that would cut the communications and render the world free of electronics and whatnot, the US whites and blacks would be completely lost, while the latin-americans would know their exact place in the order of things.

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 09:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    If USA was entirely white, again, people would either (truly*) revive the prejudices of old ( Slav vs. German, Nord vs. Med etc. ) By truly, I mean on a mass scale, I consider McCulloch and the like to be a marginal phenomenon.
    I don' think it would be over old Euro ethnic lines, because people have mixed and created new groups in the USA. The differences that would be most apparent are regional: "Dirty South" vs "Midwest" vs "California" vs "East Coast."

I disagree because I simply cannot feel American culture like I can European. I prefer Brittish humor and music, Russian films, Italian design, etc.
    I agree - except that European films generally suck, in my opinion. And I did give them a chance. The exception is some British films, which seem a little steriile but often are very very good. Euro folk, classical, opera music is great - modern stuff is weak. As far as taste in clothes, food, etc - the Italians take the prize; if only they could figure out how to run a government!

Not to mention constant moving around, from state to state, from city to city.
    There are advantages and disadvantages in mass communication.
    It's going to take a few decades for the effects of Internet on modern life to be apparent. Consider how email has changed the world in the last 5 years.

They've actually created something new and lasting on the American continent. If tomorrow something happened that would cut the communications and render the world free of electronics and whatnot, the US whites and blacks would be completely lost, while the latin-americans would know their exact place in the order of things.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Latinos are a majority in California, are increasing their numbers everywhere else. Bush is trying to waive in the illegal immigrants. They have solid family structure and values, plus they are unsophisticated raw material - so they can create a new culture.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Last Online
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    I don' think it would be over old Euro ethnic lines, because people have mixed and created new groups in the USA. The differences that would be most apparent are regional: "Dirty South" vs "Midwest" vs "California" vs "East Coast."
    Republican vs. Democrat Yes, that too, but I also believe that 'demons' brought from Europe might awaken.

I agree - except that European films generally suck, in my opinion. And I did give them a chance. The exception is some British films, which seem a little steriile but often are very very good. Euro folk, classical, opera music is great - modern stuff is weak. As far as taste in clothes, food, etc - the Italians take the prize; if only they could figure out how to run a government!
    I'm sorry you feel that way about European cinematography. Even when I find myself enjoying US films, it's mostly US films which resemble American films ( Kubrick etc. ).

It's going to take a few decades for the effects of Internet on modern life to be apparent. Consider how email has changed the world in the last 5 years.
    I agree.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Latinos are a majority in California, are increasing their numbers everywhere else. Bush is trying to waive in the illegal immigrants. They have solid family structure and values, plus they are unsophisticated raw material - so they can create a new culture.
    I was basically saying that they'd be the most able to survive an apocalypse Their tradition has all it takes to survive, while other US groups have grown too 'soft'.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 24th, 2004 @ 05:40 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Neo-nazis loose here?????? I don't... like... nazis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast