Religion
    Learning Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A odins cast here too

The Distant Past
    Gebo represents the coming of gifts and favors. While each are usually positive events, they often carry obligations with them. Gebo often represents strong bonds such as deep friendships and marriage.

The Recent Past
    Hagalaz is the hail Rune. It denotes chaos, destruction and disruption on a primal level. You may experience delays in moving toward your goals.

The Present
    Thurisaz embodies the polarity of life and death and the struggle to keep them in balance. Expect conflict, hardship and obstacles, but be assured that remaining focused and in touch with your inner strengths will see you through whatever comes your way. This Rune may also represent protection from your enemies, which is never a bad thing.

Near Future
    Tiwaz is the Warrior Rune. It represents pure, masculine power and the ability to successfully fight to meet your goals. However, you must be careful that costs of attaining your goals overshadow their values.

Distant Future
    Ingwaz signifies completion, success and fertility. Your present ambitions are about to be met. You are fecund in both mind and body.

Last Online
    Friday, April 3rd, 2009 @ 09:10 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Maternal: Norway, Paternal: Massachusetts
    Subrace
    I don't know Lundman's taxonomy.
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Connecticut Connecticut
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Occupation
    Nothing (retired)
    Politics
    monarchist
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cast your Runes

I have done some rune casting, mostly for others at their behest, with results which range from eerily appropriate to incomprehensible gibberish. The more runes used in a rune cast, the more ambiguous it becomes. No rune has a unique meaning. This makes interpretation uncertain.

Sometimes, a single rune can be a revelation. I drew Odin's rune in response to a simple yes/no question. The question was "Will Dr. Hochstim recover from cancer ?" I drew Tiwaz inverted. I took this to mean that the answer was "No", but the Tiwaz rune implied that he would go down fighting. He did.

Sometimes, I have not been able to make any sense out of the rune cast, yet, when I asked the person for whom it was done "Does this mean anything to you ?" often the answer was "Yes, definitely."

Last Online
    Friday, September 19th, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caustic
    What about the combiations of runes. Do the meanings change in certain combinations?
    Does anyone here do divination with runes?
    Bind-runing changes the meaning. I think it's good to remember that runes are unique language units--each individual 'letter' has meaning but the letters can also be strung together to create more complex meaning-rich words, a tradition that is sustained by the modern German propensity for compound nouns (e.g., auseinanderdriftenden).

I so harmonized with :fehu: :inguz: :laguz: that I had it tattooed. To me, this forms a word that expresses a deep desire for a life where all-is-right-with-the-world-and-rightfully-should-continue-to-be-so that comes when we build our lives in accord w/nature and FFF. I think Aristotle was going for this (but failed) when he described 'eudamonia'.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 10th, 2009 @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sometimes when I'm worried about something or there's a big issue I need to deal with I'll ask the Norns for advice then reach into my runes and pick one out. I understand enough about the runes to get a pretty good idea of what that particular stave is telling me.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 2nd, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Germanic/Eastern European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    Nederland Nederland
    Family
    wife / children
    Politics
    Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont really believe there is a true way of casting, personally I only cast when I have a strong feeling (here I talk about it - https://vid.me/Kussq )

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 06:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Interesting read, thanks for necromancing this thread.

I must say, it is interesting: I have never once cast the Runes to great effect, but I have meditated upon them doing a sort of mental Rune-cast.

I will meditate upon the entire Entire Futhark several times and the pick out those who feel 'strongest'. This will - depending upon the situation typically be a three to five-rune reading.

I will then in my mind fill them with fire whilst calmly breathing the Rune's name. I then attempt to make sense of my 'reading' and often align my actions in order to reflect my reading, f.ex. a 'reading' of Gibo-Ansuz-Perthro during a weekend with other Heathens/Odinists has before led me to pay one part of the next day's lunch for the entire table because I felt the Runes asked me to gift my 'religious brethren/family'.

Giving the Runes absolute readings is something I have learnt the bad way, albeit not by using the Runes but my mother's set of Tarot Cards. The more absolute your question and interpretation of the answer is, the more likely you are to not see the forest for the trees & interpret readings that are much more favourable than is the case.

That's another reason for preferring the Runes as a form of divination. They're much more vague, much more ambiguous, and often it is only after a certain event or action has taken place that you've made full sense of your reading.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Last Online
    Saturday, September 2nd, 2017 @ 05:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Germanic/Eastern European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dietsland Dietsland
    State
    Nederland Nederland
    Family
    wife / children
    Politics
    Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You're welcome!

You also have a interesting system there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12