Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Your Own Reviews of CDs Here!

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Monday, April 14th, 2008 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool Make Your Own Reviews of CDs Here!

I made this scale system, if you want your own, just post it instead
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    0 = brain dead
    1 = repulsive
    2 = total sucks
    3 = lame
    4 = poor
    5 = ok
    6 = standard
    7 = over standard
    8 = real good
    9 = supreme
    10 = epical & divine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It would be nice if you post name of CD publisher also.

Thanks, hopefully someone open my eyes to some good Cds, and to what is crap!

With my bloodbrothers at side, All sons of father with one eye, We were all born in the land of the blood on ice.
    Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nocturnus – ethereal tomb
    (Seasons of mist)

This is without a doubt a total masterpiece, this is Nocturnus third album, and I most say, it lives up to their previous extravagated albums, a few things have changed from old Nocturnes, the drums are more slow and but yet anti symmetric, in a real spooky way, the old background keyboard is there laying a good feeling of a distant obscure future and only slightly in the background, but enough to have a certain effect, Nocturnus has 2 guitarists, and they play absolutely excellent, the vocal is seducing objective and intelligent growling, yet sometimes normal and deep, the jazz fusion death technical style has been put abit on the shell, but people could invest in their previous (Thresholds) or (The Keys) if looking for Noctunus in other musical shapes, this third album is the newest and recorded almost 10 years after their second album (Thresholds), this album is a must! The solos are so intelligent, the whole atmosphere is excellent and abstract, and the lyrical concept is a la terrestrial orbits, as we know it from the elder days, the production is also real unique, this is an album you will never get tired off! It takes many hours to fully sink into the mighty universe of Noctunus, this album should be listened too thousands of times, its that brilliant!

Character 9,5*
    Style – divine atmospheric technical death metal

Deicide – in Torment in hell
    (Roadrunner records)

New Deicide has hit the streets daylight,
    Already 1 year after their shortly released (insineratehymn) they continues in the same groovy crushing diabolical way,
    as we have heard them before, no doubt this could have been part 2 of insineratehymn,
    for some reason I miss the old demonic solos,
    The solos are dwelling in the background atmosphere
    (far behind the flushing tight riffs) I find old insineratehymn gloomier in some ways;
    this new album is tight death metal as only Deicide can play it,
    But nothing new!
    It becomes abit boring in the length.
    Glen still vows with a tormenting fury, but there is no variation and it creates a certain monotony…. but the power of gifted Deicide, is not to be mistaken, its still there and its well preserved, what concerns the production then its real tight and solid.

Character 6*
    Style – groovy brutal death metal

Last Online
    Thursday, November 4th, 2010 @ 12:54 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    All Irish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Child Care
    Politics
    Racially Aware Celtic Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post D666

Destroyer 666
    Phoenix Rising

Track Listing:
    1. Rise of the Predator (4'05)
    2. The Last Revelation (2'25)
    3. Phoenix Rising (3'57)
    4. I am the War God (ode to the battle slain) (7'32)
    5. The Eternal Glory of War (5'20)
    6. Lone Wolf Winter (6'37)
    7. Ride the Solar Winds (4'52)
    8. The Birth of Tragedy (5'49
    K.K. Warslut - Vocals, guitars
    Shrapnel - Lead guitars
    Bullet Eater - Bass
    Deceiver - Drums

“I am going to burn down the world, I am going to tear down everything that cannot stand alone….”. Welcome to the world of Destroyer 666. This is the third full album from Australian death metal band Destroyer 666.The opening track RISE OF THE PREDATOR explodes through the speakers at full speed, with Warslut calling for the predator to rise. “Come taste the blood and the fear of the prey as it falls to the jaws of the beast”… “Come tear the shackles of thought from our minds and be rid of this anxious disease”. THE LAST REVELATION. “It’s not enough to listen, it’s not enough to see. When the hurricane is coming, it’s not enough to flee”. PHOENIX RISING. The title track. Also one of the fastest tracks on the album. Taking no prisoners. I AM THE WAR GOD. “Don’t look for a rhyme or a reason to the story now is not the time, the season, no glory. Don’t look for a moral or right to this tale. Don’t look for a saviour for your week and your frail”. This is my favourite track on the album. THE ETERNAL GLORY OF WAR. This track featured on Destroyer’s first full length album (Violence is the prince of this world). The version here is shorter and tighter. LONE WOLF WINTER. On first listen this is the track that will remain in your head. “ How is it that I have become the hunter and the hunted and thought has become my enemy “. I found myself singing this line over and over. RIDE THE SOLAR WINDS. Some great guitar work on this track. THE BIRTH OF TRAGEDY. The closing track, it leaves you wanting more… If you hadn’t heard of Destroyer 666 until now, go out and buy this album. When you hear this album you will want to buy “ Unchain the wolves” and “ Violence is the prince of this world”.

Visit their web site at : http://www.fdj.org/akbauer/music/destroyer666/

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post WarMaiden

Lol i use to chat to one of those guys from Destroyer 666,
    They have a clinical gitar sound i think, i gotta check out that album you talk about

Last Online
    Thursday, November 4th, 2010 @ 12:54 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    All Irish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    British Columbia British Columbia
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Child Care
    Politics
    Racially Aware Celtic Pagan
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs Down

They played in dublin just before yuletide, they are very impressive live... you defintely need to check out the CD

In Sisterhood
    Vicky
    WAU Estd. 1990

Tchort

hehe I'm going to be a spammer and do one we're all familiar with:

Skrewdriver-Boots & Braces/Voice Of Britain

I'll give it an 8. Many of the songs are superb (voice of britain, boots and braces, white power, back with a bang, etc)
    and some are just awful (anti-social)

VILE

Post Beheaded

Beheaded - Recounts Of Disembodiment
    (Mighty Music)

Track listing:

· Broken Thoughts Of Righteousness
    · Horde Of The Stolen Sun
    · Recounts Of Disembodiment (full version)
    · Consecrated Absurdities
    · Compelling Derangement
    · Inherited Plague
    · Fed Upon Odium
    · Disdain
    · Spreading Contagion
    · Unbound

Beheaded are without any doubt the most hard working band here in my country (Malta). This album is the 3rd official release. The CD is made up of nine new songs of intense brutal death metal in the US vein, with guttural vocals. A blend of furiously fast, crushing mid-paced, and highly technical passages. The band has gone a long way since their first album back in 1996. Perpetual Mockery was brutal but more melody oriented. Recounts recounts has a totaly different approach. Sheer crushing brutal death/grind along with exceptional technicality is what this album is all about. The riffs jump from a speedy, thrashy riff to one that makes you want to swing around the place in a heightened state of pit inducing brutality. I can't stress enough how good this album is!! Get it.

I give this one 9.5/10
    style - brutal death/grind

their website : http://www.beheaded.net/

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well that deteriorates my whole scale system, by giving them 9,5, I would personal dont call them as good as Nocturnus, but everyone has their taste, I would give them 5-7.5 points, I was actually pretty amazed when Edric turned me into this Maltese band, its not anything new creative, but damn its raw US death metal in the vein of all the god bands!
    Beheaded is definitely worth a check out, and they need damn more respect, Edric gonna sent me some cds this month with Beheaded, im looking forward to blast it up on my stereo and not just MP3,
    Their bass is killer and their tight drummer and deep growler!

Welcome aboard VILE.

VILE

Thanks man

i'm not into atmospheric death and that kind of stuff. You'r right hellstar....everyone has his tastes. On my scale Nocturnus wouldn't get a big score either. Anyway may aim was to do a review and promote beheaded in the same time.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post I n t h i s W o o d e n C h a m p e r

Emperor - Prometheus (The Discipline of Fire and Demise)
    (Candlelight Records)

Here is last chapter of the epical and obscure Emperor legacy,

All words seems useless when dealing with an Opus so magnificent,

First impression was; what is this raving chaos they have put together, was it made in some sort of hurry?
    The music is so cryptic and Norse it gives chill down my spine, these men are defiantly Modern Vikings born in a world of tragedy.
    The lead voice/vocals are depressing (it reminds me of my own thoughts!) the keys are bombastic paranoid, The drums are far beyond but everywhere at once. The guitar is flushing and majestic yet so tormenting and ripping.

Im like possessed when I hear this opus, not many albums gives me this feeling of existential hunger inside.

I do honestly believe you have to be born in Scandinavia or have deep Viking blood in your veins to fully grasp this masterpiece. Its so chaotic, its a classic monumental follower to the decadent “X Equilibrium” album in 1999, "Prometheus (The Discipline of Fire and Demise)" this is where Emperor ended. This is their last album. The guys even produced everlasting tributes in other bands such as “Thorns” or the 100% classical music inspired “Thou shall suffer”

I’ve personally seen all the big bands and met quite a few members in my way through life, but I deeply regret I never experienced Emperor, they never really performed that much either so it was rare opportunities, but may your legacy agitate the world, WE shall never forget Emperor, HEIL NORSKE BRØDRER.

Character 10*
    Style – HYMNS of cataclysm and universality

Demolition Hammer - Epidemic Of Violence
    (Century Media)

This is a total killer,

monster thrash beating in big style, the style is malicious and violent.

The album is somehow abit primitive and simplistic in the whole concept, but nevertheless so violent old school genre, it’s a must for any real heavy freak, the guitars are sneering and dry. voice is bitter.

The double drum bass pedals are going forward all the time…its march from start to end.
    It’s like a rift of hate, which has opened.

Undisputed Kings of dirty and harsh thrash, kings of their own 90th renaissance.

Character 7,5*
    Style – Monster tight violent 90th trash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast