Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Re: Sexual Deviancy: What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    Only humans, and for some reason dolphins, have sex for pleasure. Sex for pleasure is therefore, part of being human (and the weird exception of dolphins LOL). Dogs may like to have sex, but they only do it when the female is "in heat". We do it "whenever". How could something that distinguishes us from the lower animals be degenerate? I thought being degenerate was being animalistic.
    You have things backwards. Having sex because it's pleasurable and for the sake of the pleasure alone is like saying I eat because food taste good.

And humans do it "often" because we don't know when the window of opportunity is. A male dog can smell when a female dog is ready.

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 01:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

And humans do it "often" because we don't know when the window of opportunity is. A male dog can smell when a female dog is ready.
    Yeah, we are more complex than that. Dogs also don't have oral sex or anal sex (you can't make babies doing those things, btw )
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Biological and structural context defines sexual deviancy.

Everything bad and not useful for the community is a deviancy.

Just think of a group of 100 people living under as many as possible conditions and in as many as possible times and all have the same features and act the same.

Would the behaviour be an advantage or disadvantage most of the time in human evolution and history?

If its a clear disadvantage its a deviance like f.e. Homosexuality.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 @ 12:04 AM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'd say that sex is a far too important and far-reaching human activity, so any broad decisions on what is deviant or forbidden is wrong. Sex must be evaluated, researched and thought about thoroughly before making ANY judgements or rules.

You can't simply add a label 'deviant' to all sexual practices which are damaging.

I think that anything which is not consentual is deviant in our modern society.
    I think that homosexuality is damaging for the society, if it's taken out of natural proportion. ( like today, thanks to media ).

Sex isn't just for procreation, at least not with human beings.
    Sex isn't metaphysics.

Sex, like anything, is best if it's done in a natural way, in moderation.

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sexual deviance: anything except monoracial, herterosexual, missionary position sexual intercourse for the purpose of breeding between a married couple.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Re: Sexual Deviancy: What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marla

So, what constitutes sexual deviancy?

Is it practicing homosexuality? Promiscuity? Sadomasochism? Casual sex? Anal sex? Fetishism? Oral sex? Having sex at all?

Or perhaps criminal behaviours, such as rape, pedophilia, beastiality, etc.
    If you do all of the above at the same time, it's deviant, but it's a guinness record

BTW. @Cosmo, Marla is a character from FIGHT CLUB.

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 10:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    Only humans, and for some reason dolphins, have sex for pleasure. Sex for pleasure is therefore, part of being human (and the weird exception of dolphins LOL). Dogs may like to have sex, but they only do it when the female is "in heat". We do it "whenever". How could something that distinguishes us from the lower animals be degenerate? I thought being degenerate was being animalistic.
    Sex serves another function in human society: it forges human bonds, between sexual partners and also between parents and offspring.

I think sex practices can be a good "litmus test" for where a society is in terms of how much people care about one another, or group cohesion (which is founded, naturally, on bounds of love).

The reason for this is that sexual pleasure releases lots of oxytocin, the "cuddle chemical," into a person's body. So a person's capacity for sexual pleasure and passion (which causes a person to give sexual pleasure to another) can indicate their general level of love or affection for their fellow humans. In other words, a person that is loving and passionate in bed will probably also be loving and passionate with friends, work, and general attitude towards life.

I also think that sexual attraction between two people is a good indicator of chemical/hormonal compatibility - and that this will be reflected in any relationship they have, be it sexual or not. So when two groups of people are sexually incompatible, it bespeaks a deep difference that will cause conflict.

So in short: sex has a very strong social function.

I'll also mention a relevant Nietzsche quote that comes to mind: "The degree and kind of a man's sexuality reach up into the ultimate pinnacle of his spirit."
    Last edited by Scoob; Friday, January 23rd, 2004 at 10:33 AM.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

But those bonds can not be attained when sex is promiscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob
    Sex serves another function in human society: it forges human bonds, between sexual partners and also between parents and offspring.

I think sex practices can be a good "litmus test" for where a society is in terms of how much people care about one another, or group cohesion (which is founded, naturally, on bounds of love).

The reason for this is that sexual pleasure releases lots of oxytocin, the "cuddle chemical," into a person's body. So a person's capacity for sexual pleasure and passion (which causes a person to give sexual pleasure to another) can indicate their general level of love or affection for their fellow humans. In other words, a person that is loving and passionate in bed will probably also be loving and passionate with friends, work, and general attitude towards life.

I also think that sexual attraction between two people is a good indicator of chemical/hormonal compatibility - and that this will be reflected in any relationship they have, be it sexual or not. So when two groups of people are sexually incompatible, it bespeaks a deep difference that will cause conflict.

So in short: sex has a very strong social function.

I'll also mention a relevant Nietzsche quote that comes to mind: "The degree and kind of a man's sexuality reach up into the ultimate pinnacle of his spirit."

Last Online
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So, scoob, you're basically saying that sluts are in fact only big on philanthropy ( joke )

Last Online
    Friday, April 1st, 2005 @ 10:39 AM
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    So, scoob, you're basically saying that sluts are in fact only big on philanthropy ( joke )
    To answer both you and cosmo: I'm not sure. I definitely see a correlation between people who are sexually passionate, and people who have intact families right now in the modern world.

In the USA, think of Italians, Latin Americans, etc.

I'm not sure about blacks. I've never had sex with one!

I think promiscuity or fidelity might not be the issue so much as sexual passion, which I relate to oxytocin. I think high-oxytocin people, in general, are more loving/caring people in many aspects of their lives. Passionate sex can display and, maybe, foster this type of oxytocin. So can simple touch, etc. These simple physical things create and foster deep social bonds that have subtle but extensive effects on behavior.
    "Whatever is done from love always occurs beyond good and evil." - F. Nietzsche

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast