View Poll Results: Do you believe ghosts or spirits exist?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

119 59.20%
  • No

53 26.37%
  • Not sure...

29 14.43%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In Ghosts, Spirits or Other Supernatural Beings?

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    The physicist Klauber lays the theoretical foundation for the existence of ghosts in his article modern physics and subtle realms.

So, the theoretical existence, that means the possibilities of their existence (as well as other funny entities) is not against modern physics but very much in line of it.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Aka Helamann
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    healthcare
    Politics
    middle of the road, rational
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ghosts

I believe and have seen some really wierd shit

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    There's just too much evidence to deny. I challenge any non-believer to explain how, if spirits don't exist, something like this could happen:

Last Online
    Friday, March 30th, 2012 @ 06:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German, Dutch, English
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Widowed
    Occupation
    Counselor
    Politics
    Apolitical
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've seen things that couldn't be explained by any normal means, but I can't attribute them to disembodied people without no doubts whatsoever. It's just things we haven't figured out yet. I don't really like the word "paranormal"...everything is subject to natural law, everything is "normal".

Last Online
    Monday, June 4th, 2012 @ 08:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    State
    Transvaal Transvaal
    Married
    Occupation
    Electrionics technician
    Religion
    NG Church
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reinilicious View Post
    Yes, I certainly believe in these things because I've had way too many experiences my entire life to say that I don't believe! When you have had a lot of encounters with spirits and this type of stuff is an important base in your life, you look at everything in a totally different way from those who don't. At the same time though I don't get upset with people who don't believe in spirits and paranormal things because they usually have never had those events happen in their lives so you really can't blame them for not being "believers"..
    I myself had numerous encounters what I would call paranormal, some people will call it ghost activity, I have not yet seen anything so I would stick to paranormal activity.
    I was raised in a strong Christian home and attended a Dutch Reform church until I left school. When I started to work I met my spiritual teacher where I learned a lot of spiritual things. She taught me also about astral travel and in that time I believe I had at least two experiences in astral travel.
    I realised there had to be some higher being and or power and read a lot of teachings in that direction. Since Internet started in my country I researched a lot of writing about paranormal and other strange encounters.
    I have approached a lot of psychics and spiritualists about my thoughts and theories, but soon as they hear what I am after, they just disappear. Up to now I could not find anybody to discuss this with and get some answers or at least some thoughts! Unfortunately my teacher passed away many years ago before I could discuss such awakening matters with her.
    I however would like to discuss these things with somebody who are truly interested and have had some paranormal expeierinece.

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 6th, 2012 @ 09:47 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland, Germany, France
    Country
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Single adult
    Occupation
    worker/student
    Politics
    its complicated
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes I definatly believe in ghosts and the supernatural. I've had way too many weird experiences. (and this includes my family too who have had all kinds of paranormal things ocur to them that cant be explained by logical means). I'll give you an example: once when I was a kid we had just moved into a new neighborhood, and the first or second night there were weird noises (kind of like a groan but really really low, so you couldnt make it out). My family just assumed it was the neighbors or regular old house noises, as everybody would. Anyway, we started to hear it more, and eventually it centered on one room (my brothers). Well we moved him out of there (into mine) and stopped going in. In later months stuff started moving about (like cutlery and groceries, once even a shelf (which had just been screwed in, so it was secure) just snapped and everything on it tumbled to the floor and freaked us out). This went on for some time and then died down, and nothing else ever happened. But it sticks in my mind.

I think most people have had SOME kind of weird or unexplanable experience related to the paranormal but many wont admit it because they always want to see the rational that they close-off the part of their mind that is capable of understanding what seems to be irrational things. People just want to be cool and atheistic, so they shut down their abilities in some areas. How exactly would we even have consciousness or feelings if were all just chemical processes in the brain or whatever? It wouldnt amount to anything. So yeah, I think that theres way more to existence than we know about, and its small-minded to deny the possibility of becoming something else after death. Theres just too many first hand acounts of the paranormal to be brushed away.

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No i dont believe in Ghost's. The whole concept is ridiculous.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't believe ghosts exist, per se. It would mean God is indecisive or inefficient in his allocation of souls. There's a firm judgment on every soul that passes into the next world and none is left wandering between the realms. What I do believe in, and what I have experienced, is demonic activity. Poltergeists, apparitions, curses are the work of vicious spirits either cast out of of Hell or sent from Hell for a purpose. For whatever reason, they seem to be locked out of Hell. They don't return, which is why auras linger in places at all times: they're always lurking there in one form or another. Some people can't detect it, but I'm attuned to it, as I think is anyone who recognizes evil, pure evil and is sickened by it. But I think it works both ways. The spirits seek out the pure to try to corrupt it. This is why children are so often the victims. But if they realize you can't be corrupted, that is, if you walk with Jesus, they can never prevail. You can make them fear you.

Last Online
    Friday, August 10th, 2012 @ 11:36 PM
    Status
    On Holiday
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Ancestry
    English, German
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Family
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Artist/homemaker
    Politics
    Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I do believe that there must be another level of existence, and that every once in a while they overlap, slightly.

I don't know how to explain it, or what term to label it as, but I know that there is indeed something.

The only way that I stand sure footed and say that I know that there is something, is because my brother passed away and within hours of his death, our family pets died, curled up in his bedroom back home, pictures began to fall, and when we moved away, the new owners of the property called to say that they had seen a boy laying in their bed with tubes connected to him--without having known his story--in the very room where he did sleep.

Too many strange things have happened, and to this day, I know that he's around, guiding me when I lose things, and creating breeze to assure me when I'm down.

I may be 'full of it' and perhaps it's all in my head as they say, but unless one has been where I have, and seen what I have, it's impossible to discredit it..

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 05:10 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm seen enough weirdness to believe, yes. Recurring dreams that came true, a relative's out of body experience, the creepy house my friend grew up in...