View Poll Results: Do you believe ghosts or spirits exist?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

110 58.20%
  • No

51 26.98%
  • Not sure...

28 14.81%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Believe In Ghosts, Spirits or Other Supernatural Beings?

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by Loki
    Cosmocreator, you say things like that only happens to people who believe in it. Thus... it sounds like you are contradicting yourself. You saw the ghost, yet claim not to believe they exist. ?

It escapes rational explanation.

There is another experience I had when I was in my late 20's. It was at that point I knew there was something. I hate using the word God though.

It was in the afternoon. I was having a nap. It occurred like in a dream. Everything went white. I could feel this presence and you just knew what it was. I awoke and cried for days.

[I just wanted to edit in that it spoke to me. It put a stone in my hand and said "With this you will defeat all those who oppose you."]

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2007 @ 04:52 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Athiest
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is so strange cosmocreator, I wonder what I would do if I had a "supernatural" experience or whatever you want to call them. It seems that almost all things have been explained by science, yet there are always these strange mysteries like ghosts that persist into the modern area. Does anyone know of scientific proof that discredits or proves the existance of ghosts?

Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Vril-ya
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Religion
    Atheistic Skeptic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by cosmocreator
    It escapes rational explanation.

There is another experience I had when I was in my late 20's. It was at that point I knew there was something. I hate using the word God though.

It was in the afternoon. I was having a nap. It occurred like in a dream. Everything went white. I could feel this presence and you just knew what it was. I awoke and cried for days.

I had a similar experience to that... but I was in my early teens and praying in a church. Then this presence came over me, I could feel it. It left such a mark on me that I also cried for days, even weeks, after that...

As to this date, I cannot give an explanation for that. I guess it is religious experience. But this is even harder for me to explain now, since I am bordering on total atheism. (I used to be very religious) But of course this cannot fall into the same category as ghosts... what do you think?

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by Loki
    I had a similar experience to that... but I was in my early teens and praying in a church. Then this presence came over me, I could feel it. It left such a mark on me that I also cried for days, even weeks, after that...

I hope it wasn't a priest that was feeling you. :eek: eyes: :crucified

I know, bad joke.

As to this date, I cannot give an explanation for that. I guess it is religious experience. But this is even harder for me to explain now, since I am bordering on total atheism. (I used to be very religious) But of course this cannot fall into the same category as ghosts... what do you think?

I was much more on the righteous path in my 20's than I am now. From 25-30 I was like a monk, literally. It's like I've deliberately set out to destroy myself.

I thought about making a film about that. A man who knows the right path but deliberately, willfully and consciously takes the wrong path.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've had a few experiences that were 'otherworldly' and I'd have to say yes, there are 'ghosts' or 'impressions' or 'memories' that are out there in the physical world of the living. I interpret what Cosmosreator says about folks who believe in 'ghosts' are the ones who see them as something to this effect: Some people are perhaps more 'in tune' with this 'otherworld', more receptive to its energies and happenings and thus 'see' or 'hear' or 'feel' things much more readily than those folks who do not have antennas (if you will) tuned to such entities. Thus, those who have receptors appropriate for ghost detection, will pick up on their presence from time to time and are surely the ones who will believe in their existence. Those people who are not tuned in will not have ghostly experiences and hence, will likely be non-believers.

This receptive capacity likely comes in degrees of sensitivity. Me personally? I seem to be of only moderate receptability and have a had a few experiences but not an inordinate amount.

One experience I've had goes briefly as follows: I used to crew on a Tall-Ship which hailed from the port of Rockland, Maine in the north-eastern US. It is a roughly 100 year old schooner which used to ply the waters of the eastern US hauling coal, timber, cord-wood and a multitude of other cargoes. It's most recent cargoes have been sight-seeing tourists.
    Over the years, there were several deaths of crew members, some whom ceased to exist in the world of the living in rather tragic fashion. One night, while tied to the dock, I was on 'watch' and was the only living soul on-board the vessel. My crew-cabin was on the deck level of the boat. That night, I was sitting on a little stool in my cabin playing guitar to pass the solitary time. I had been playing for quite some time, non-stop and I was really in one of those 'musical trances' when the outside world is far from my view and my mind dwelt only in the realm of notes, chords and harmonies. Suddenly, from outside the cabin, I heard a young girls voice say "stop"....not in an annoyed or angered manner as if she didn't like the music but more in an attention-grabbing way as if she were saying "hey, pay attention to me and not that guitar". I stopped playing, looked outside the cabin only to see nothing but the usual lines and rigging of a Tall-Ship and I wondered if my musically 'high' mind was playing tricks on me. Then, a strange sense befell me and I felt a 'weight' if you will pressing against my body and mind, leaning on me and seemingly trying to be in my company and 'fit' into the tiny little cabin. It was not threatening in any way but it was very uncomfortable to me and it was a feeling unlike anything I'd ever felt before. It was almost like the 'presence was seeking permission to enter the cabin....which I did not grant but instead, I stepped over the threshold, out onto the vessel's deck and lit a cigarette. The sense remained with me for a few more minutes but eventually faded and disappeared altogether. It left me feeling a bit strange, somewhat awed but by no means frightened or unwanted....and somewhat unresolved.

Interestingly enough, a nearly carbon-copy experience happened to me the very next summer in the very same place on the vessel. This time, I recognized it and was not nearly as 'taken' by the feeling of this presence. Still to this day though, the experience is unresolved in my mind and I'm not sure exactly what happened or why it happened to me---twice!

Here's the schooner:

Last Online
    Monday, June 23rd, 2003 @ 01:36 PM
    dvd sales
    Politics
    white nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This might be what has bothered a few people here and made them think it was something it wasnt.........For many years I have had sleep paralysis,its where a person wakes up for a few seconds and literally cant move then falls back to sleep.It used to scare me very badly but I have a handle on it now.When it happens I dont fight it,I just go back to sleep.I remeber fighting it often and wakeing up,its very hard tho,but if you start tossing and turning and even screaming,you will wake up.Its not even really a big deal,actually many people have this.Many people that do think its a ghost or alien,its not,lol.
    I think it might be a lil conceited of us to even think that a ghost would even waste its time to bother us,why would that even be if it even could be?I dont believe it at all.Thats not to say I would walk through a dark,old house by myself,lol.Heck,if something is supposedly haunted,it should be knocked down,just to erase peoples fears.
    I do get a lil nervous for people that mess around with satan stuff,maybe if you mess around with it ,it really could bring something to you,I do doubt it but I would never do it.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Originally posted by germany
    This might be what has bothered a few people here and made them think it was something it wasnt.........For many years I have had sleep paralysis,its where a person wakes up for a few seconds and literally cant move then falls back to sleep.

That also happened to me once, It freaked me out, It felt like my muscles froze and I was gasping for air.That happened 6 years ago in my old house where apparently a small child drowned in our pool years before we bought the house and later found out after we moved.Before buying a house be aware if it's history!:eek:

Last Online
    Saturday, February 5th, 2005 @ 01:44 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    ?
    Politics
    Progressive Aryan
    Religion
    Progressive Aryan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That also happened to me once, It freaked me out, It felt like my muscles froze and I was gasping for air.That happened 6 years ago in my old house where apparently a small child drowned in our pool years before we bought the house and later found out after we moved.Before buying a house be aware if it's history!
    Ever seen the film the changling? If you havn't I wouldn't advise watching it now...

Last Online
    Thursday, May 10th, 2012 @ 02:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Afrikaner
    Ancestry
    Slavic
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gee thanks...:eek: What's it about anyway??

Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Vril-ya
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism