Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: The end of the TAT-C controversy

  1. #11
    Account Inactive Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    GreatRussia
    Gender
    Politics
    Rossialism
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    THE CONCEPTS OF RICHARD INDREKO ABOUT THE ORIGIN
    OF THE FINNO-UGRIC SPEAKERS AND THE POPULATION
    GENETICS OF THE EXTANT NORTH-EAST EUROPEAN
    POPULATIONS

    Kristiina Tambets, Siiri Rootsi, Toomas Kivisild, Richard Villems

    It turned out that among European Finno-Ugric populations,
    particularly among Estonians, the microsatellite diversity in Tat C carriers is
    higher than in the examined Siberian populations, where its value is extremely
    low. Equally high diversity of Tat C allele among Russians as well as Volga-basin populations Chuvashis and Tatars supports our suggestion that the Eastern European Plain is the "homeland" of this particular variety of the Y chromosome

    (Rootsi et al. 2000).

  2. #12
    Member Borreby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, December 1st, 2005 @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    Not Far Enough Away
    Posts
    28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    The proof of my assertion is that by the time of appearance of N3 in Eastern Europe the population of Eastern Europe was distinctly Europeoid.
    Well then, before you condemn 'that' page as outdated, I suggest you read it properly first, right to the end of the page, and you will see that it quotes research which is far more recent than the study you have quoted above, and furthermore that it endorses your general thesis.

  3. #13
    Account Inactive Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    GreatRussia
    Gender
    Politics
    Rossialism
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What is your point?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Last Online
    Friday, April 24th, 2009 @ 04:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    american
    Subrace
    nordish
    Location
    near njörd eriksson
    Gender
    Occupation
    full-time parent/exemplar
    Politics
    reality > reason > rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Posts
    864
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    either/or (both)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    "this" is outdated and incomplete
    can both of these statements be true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Borreby
    furthermore...it endorses your general thesis.
    if one of the resident-specialists would contribute,
    interested and ignorant persons
    (like my self) would benefit.

  5. #15
    Account Inactive Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    GreatRussia
    Gender
    Politics
    Rossialism
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can both of these statements be true?
    The last study that page quotes is dated by 2002. It's 2005 now. See the point?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Last Online
    Friday, April 24th, 2009 @ 04:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    american
    Subrace
    nordish
    Location
    near njörd eriksson
    Gender
    Occupation
    full-time parent/exemplar
    Politics
    reality > reason > rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Posts
    864
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    now, about that integration...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    the question of which research is "outdated"
    seems to have been answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borreby
    furthermore...it endorses your general thesis.
    does this answer my question
    regarding any conflicts
    between the different research?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1997.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	80015   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2000.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	80016  

  7. #17
    Account Inactive Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    GreatRussia
    Gender
    Politics
    Rossialism
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the question of which research is "outdated"
    seems to have been answered.
    Are you serious?

    First study you quote is about anthropology of pre-historic Eastern Europe.

    Second is about is about origins of N3.

    Third is about genetics of people of the Altai region.

    Neither of them can be out-dated in regard of the others.

  8. #18
    Account Inactive Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    GreatRussia
    Gender
    Politics
    Rossialism
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Borreby
    Well then, before you condemn 'that' page as outdated, I suggest you read it properly first, right to the end of the page, and you will see that it quotes research which is far more recent than the study you have quoted above, and furthermore that it endorses your general thesis.
    Borreby, I gather I understand what you mean now.

    You're talking about this:

    Specifically, high frequency of the ancestral, in respect of the TAT-C allele, Y-chromosome variant LLY22g-A (17%) revealed in Maris is considered to be the evidence of the emergence of the TAT-C allele in this particular population [12].
    Right?

    I have not realized what you've been pointing at (it's always useful to quote relevant pieces btw) because this argument was refuted long time ago. That ancestral to N3 LLY22g-A in Maris, as well as in many other Eastern Finns is in fact a sister clade of N3. It's N2 actually, not ancestral N. Before the new NCC system was accepted N2 clades were considered as LLY22g-A in the old, corrupted system.

    Anyway, thank you for your interest.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Last Online
    Friday, April 24th, 2009 @ 04:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    american
    Subrace
    nordish
    Location
    near njörd eriksson
    Gender
    Occupation
    full-time parent/exemplar
    Politics
    reality > reason > rights
    Religion
    no beliefs - knowledge
    Posts
    864
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Neither of them can be out-dated in regard of the others.
    you brought up the issue of dated sources.

    twice.

    i referred to the dates on the sources that you posted.

    is there some conflict between your presentation
    and the presentation that i enquired after

    or do they both support the same proposition?

  10. #20
    Account Inactive Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 @ 09:42 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Location
    GreatRussia
    Gender
    Politics
    Rossialism
    Posts
    1,009
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saying that the page in question was out-dated I did not mean it was out-dated in comparison with the studies I used in my presentation, I mean it was out-dated because there were a lot of other newer works.

    The studies I used in my presentation have nothing to do with contents of that page.

    Borreby thought that the page in question gives ADDITIONAL evidence backing my presentation, but unfortunately he was wrong.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Tat-C Asian or European?
    By BishoujoHunter in forum Population Genetics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Saturday, November 27th, 2004, 11:16 PM
  2. TAT-C controversy: up-date
    By Ross in forum Population Genetics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 05:35 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Thursday, August 19th, 2004, 12:28 PM
  4. Presence of Tat-C in Ancient Mongolia
    By Nordhammer in forum Population Genetics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Tuesday, July 27th, 2004, 05:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •