Thread: Differences Between Eastern and Western Armenians?

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 01:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Differences Between Eastern and Western Armenians?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son
    Ramig, can you back up your assertions about the alleged differences between Eastern and Western Armenians with any anthropological evidence?

P.S. Selected pictures of bleached-blonde Armenians do not count as evidence.
    The point of my post, as I repeated many times, was for phoenotype (not hair color which you many times would like to consider a race definer).

A) The language, all variating cultures of different phoenotypes have different languages...aside from the Galac language (heyr sirdes to galac mayr u elbayr...holund u odeir eir) and the Giligian language (khar tas ti giligya meiruh ya eghberuh...hoghuh ya odan er): (love your ethnic mother and brother, descendants of your land)...

Western Armenian is spoken by those Armenians from the regions east of the Ararat (Hebrew word for the Armenian Masis Sar, or Large Mountain...and the small Microsar), (Tigris is and euphrates has also seperate western Armenians from Dikranocertin Armenians, named after the Armenian King Tigran/Dikranes, who was born in Dikranocerta. The Western Armenians include the Cappadocians, Pontusians, Sophenes, Malatyans, Trabzezond Armenians, Erzurum (Yerzarumis)... and not the Giligian and Galac Armenians...

Did I not post a map in the pictures of Armenian children I posted? There is not so much information about Armenians as we are not so much populous like the Turks, Iranians, Russians...most of our culture is handed down from mouth and customes (that of my herritage) and in books, songs, religion (kragapasht: fire worshipping AKA paganism, ancient religions of Anatolia and the Balkans). The reason Armenia was never unified as one people (and many times Eastern Armenian regions are not considered Armenian because of this) is because of their diversities, without a common tongue/race there cannot be such unifications, and balkanization occurs.

Armenia today is less than 1/10 of the originally Armenian inhabited lands, and 1/10 of the phoenotypes, as well as the culture and is the farest north-east region of the Armenian empire...they do not represent the other 9/10's of Armenians.

http://www.cilicia.com/armo21.html (translation of West to Eastern)

http://home.earthlink.net/~sasoonaj/ (some very little info on West Armenians)

The Ethnic Kingdom of Galacya

From above site
    "We are a diverse province also, as among us also came the Phrygians, Hellenes, Cappadocians, Bithynians, and others. Greek culture has long been established as our people became increasingly settled; and it is the might of Rome that has been paramount in that cultivation, particularly with the construction of a grand network of roads to improve transport, trade, and communications. Some parts of Galatia remain oriented to the nomadic way of life and tribal identifications have by no means disappeared. Around my fortified provincial capital of Ancyra, the Tectosages are the main tribe, and many have served proudly in the legions of Rome. Tavium is the tribal center of the Trocmii, as is Pessinus for the Tolistobogii. We are not so distant from the frontier states of Armenia and Mesopotamia, where the Persian threat has erupted in recent years under Ardeshir. The absorption of previously tamed Parthia by this vigorous and expansionist realm has given new strategic importance to Galatia and our neighboring provinces. It was because of this strategic importance even in Vespasian's time, that the governor of Galatia was then elevated to consular rank. "

Lets not forget Dikranes' Armenia was the center of Hellenism

"It reached its greatest size and influence under King Dikran (Takavor Dikranes) II also known as Tigranes or Dikran the Great (reined 95 - 55 BC). Dikranes and his son Artavazde II made Armenia a center of Hellenic culture during their reigns."

The map of Rome below (although innacurate showing Azerbaijan which did not exist untill the 1500's) has a good idea of where Arevel was located in comparison with Western Armenia, although the rulers of Arevel (East) many times were from the West and South. Arevel was also noted by Xenephone as differing from the other Anatolians, it was called (Oronto), or Orient, and even today Galacians call them Orontids. Also the map showing Persian conquest of Eastern Armenia...lets not forget Russification during the Czars time...

"the Indo-European-speaking proto-Armenians migrated, onto the Armenian Plateau and mingled with the local people of the Hurrian civilization, which at that time extended into Anatolia (presentday Asian Turkey)" that doesnt include the Caucus.
    Last edited by Razmig; Tuesday, January 20th, 2004 at 06:25 PM.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, December 24th, 2005 @ 12:12 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Non-hateful Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: For Prodigal, Armenian

Again, as much as I enjoyed your delightful excursion into the realms of amateur enthography and speculative linguistics, I asked for you to provide me with some anthropological evidence for your claim that Western Armenians are phenotypically distinct from Eastern Armenians. If you can, please do so.

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 01:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: For Prodigal, Armenian

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal Son
    Again, as much as I enjoyed your delightful excursion into the realms of amateur enthography and speculative linguistics, I asked for you to provide me with some anthropological evidence for your claim that Western Armenians are phenotypically distinct from Eastern Armenians. If you can, please do so.
    Like I said, there is little information about Armenians, let alone western Armenians on the net...do you have a library in your town? The Galacyans (Galats) were Celts, they comprise the Galac Armenians and some Western...this makes racial differentiation...

as for extreme "armenoid" types...compare the eastern Armenian Armenoid atop here

coon noted that (eastern armenians are sagitally longer, thinner, "gracilized", have thinner skulls, longer and more extended noses, darker hair, pale pigment...these are of coarse east Anatolian/borderline Iran Armenians, the Armenoid Armenians, he never had examples from the Caucus)

the Armenian up top (istanbul) seems more like a greek variant, but the Armenian on the bottum is one of the most typical types of Western Armenians (pigmentation varies) like coon said himself....
    of coarse, this is ARMENOID...which is not the bulk of Caucasian Armenians...who have mongol...persian..etc...Showing maps shows racial admixture...with war comes rap (just like russia with the germans), nor is armenoid a bulk of Galac Armenians....
    my grandfather was giligian and he was labeled (nordid Armenoid) which I would say he was Anatolid like most giligians (cilicians)

aside from written evidence by athropologists (most which is now outdated) you would have to be armenian and know all types of armenians such as i do to make such comparisons, as well as know the culture...if you are really interested (which i doubt you are) im sure there is a way you can ask the origins of armenians that you know, compare them phoenotypicaly, and make a conclusion....just a suggestion... where do you live currently?