Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Breaking News: Multiple Explosions Rock London

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Nears simultaneous explosions rocked the London Underground network and three double-decker buses at the morning rush hour, police said, causing injuries and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

Some media reports said there were fatalities.

The explosions came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G8 summit was getting underway in Scotland. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out a terrorist attack.

"There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today," said Home Secreatary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer. He said there were "terrible injuries."

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

A second bus was reported to have been damaged in Tavistock Square.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

She said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square and had been "packed" with people turned away from Tube stops.

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

Source: CNN
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    So it has begun it seems...
    How many people have died I wonder, the multi-kult media are going to find to difficult to put a positive spin on this, though I'm sure they'll give it their best shot.

They're open enough to have been parading around like this, so it is not surprising they have been able to escalate their war to the next step.

edit: I canNOT believe that some reports are trying to palm this off as a "powersurge"

At least 6 explosions, and at least 2 dead and scores seriously injured so far (on the TV here). Some powersurge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Sunday, January 15th, 2006 @ 07:03 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Booked my vacation yesterday to London, looks like I just might be using that canceling insurance I took with it.
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -God

"But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of our one other Great Canadian Freedom ... the right to leave."
    -Mayor Paul Dulmage of Carleton Place

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 07:15 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Skåne and North Frisia
    Country
    Iceland Iceland
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

AP/CNN/APA
    Lík börn leika best.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    This of course won't open the eyes of the British PC crowd.
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -God

"But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of our one other Great Canadian Freedom ... the right to leave."

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    My ex-fianceé is in London at the moment, haven't been able to reach her yet. :frown:

Will this finally finish Blair for good, I wonder?

Btw, the figures for two people dead are ridiculously low, I'm afraid.

Last Online
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    ITV claims at least 20 victims I saw.

I hope she, and of course everyone else, is ok.
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    -God

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SURT

edit: I canNOT believe that some reports are trying to palm this off as a "powersurge"

At least 6 explosions, and at least 2 dead and scores seriously injured so far (on the TV here). Some powersurge.
    I saw the thing about the powersurge on BBC World just now. They at least admit that the powersurge was caused by an explosion at a power station.

But they of course will exhaust all other possibilities before they admit who really did this: the Princes of Peace, from the Religion of Peace (TM). :

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2007 @ 10:32 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You wait and see the spin they put on this.
    I can already see the Editorials in my mind, informing Britons that they shouldn't leap to conclusions, or feel any anger toward Muslims, as the situation was a complex one, etc etc I can also see them condemning anyone who speaks ill of Muslims out of loss and anger as simpletons or hatemongers.

To this point, they are completely avoiding even mentioning Arabs, Muslims, Terrorists, or anything even alluding such a cause. If this goes on much longer I'll smash this television too and throw it out the front window, nothing but complete bile seems to come out of these things

edit: finally now they begin to tentatively consider terrorism.
    I'll bet they're hooping and hollering for joy over this at that Stripes forum.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Blair has just made a statement from Gleneagles.He has confirmed that it's a terrorist attack, and indicated by his language that it was Alkida.
    Earlier, Sky news said that explosives have been found at one of the blast sites.
    All london railway lines into london are closed, and there is rescue opperation going on in a tunnel near Russell square tube station. It seems an explosion went off on a tube train while it was in the tunnel.
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast