Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    979 Posts

The Doomer: dealing with an age of hopelessness

“Individuals trapped in a dying culture live in a twilight world. They embrace death through infertility, concupiscence, and war. A dog will crawl into a hole to die. The members of sick cultures do not do anything quite so dramatic, but they cease to have children, dull their senses with alcohol and drugs, become despondent, and too frequently do away with themselves. Or they make war on the perceived source of their humiliation.”
    — David P. Goldman, as quoted by Jack Donovan in The Way of Men.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    16 Hours Ago @ 07:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I can't help but wonder: these "generations" are typical of youngsters in Western society nowadays, but how specific are they really to our times? Are they universal in some sense and how much so?

Would any generation of e.g. ancient Egypt recognize themselves in any of this? Renaissance Italy? Aboriginal tribes? (Yeah, right...) Are these feelings typical of certain eras/places in history? Texts from ages past provide some clues, but it's hard to a clear outline.

Also, how relevant are these stereotypes to people in the Third World of today?

Etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skärmträl For This Useful Post:

Anachronism "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Germany, Norway, England
    Subrace
    Nordeby
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Leo
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Farther right than you.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    They didn't start trying to separate people into "generations" until the protocols came out and initiated "progressivism."

They think they are being cute and we can't figure out that the "progress" is really meant to mean progress toward our extinction.
    Most people think as they are trained to think, and most people make a majority.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huginn ok Muninn For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 07:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    It's worth pointing out that feelings of utter hopelessness and desperation are often (partially!) caused by chemical imbalances. I used to have severe depression until I started taking Vitamin D-3, B Vitamins, and exercising regularly. Obviously if your life is unpleasant you will still feel depressed once you correct the chemical issues but at least you will have the mental focus and energy needed to start fixing your circumstances.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dani For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    979 Posts

“Individuals trapped in a dying culture live in a twilight world. They embrace death through infertility, concupiscence, and war. A dog will crawl into a hole to die. The members of sick cultures do not do anything quite so dramatic, but they cease to have children, dull their senses with alcohol and drugs, become despondent, and too frequently do away with themselves. Or they make war on the perceived source of their humiliation.”

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    37 Minutes Ago @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,222 Posts
    Chlod, I've only watched the first one and you've already depressed me!

'Generation Doomer' doesn't actually exist, you do realise this? What exists are some young people with no motivation who are being caricatured in these videos. There may be more of them around now than before but there's no way that that they represent their age group as a whole.

Why do we have to classify every generation like this? Every so often on here we get disgruntled younger members bitching about the so-called ‘Boomers’ because they’re perceived as being well-off, and all it does is create division. Now this latest group (invented once again on the Internet, needless to say ) plays right into the hands of those who want to divide us further!

From what I’ve seen of these ‘Doomers’ they’re just a bunch of losers feeling sorry for themselves. Take a look at this …

My Granny spent most of her childhood feeling hungry and never had a new pair of shoes until she started work (she had to wear those passed down from her two elder sisters) so I’m sure she’d be full of pity for a guy who spends 21.80 in just one evening on fags and booze.

Now please, let’s get a grip!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Völkisch traditionalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    979 Posts
    Doomers are not a generation, not even a subculture - being a doomer is about your mindset and whether you think it's too late to save the West (for now). Yes, the majority of the youth lead normal empty lives, from one weekend to the next and hating the days in between. They're not doomers.

Everyone else is either a doomer or a bloomer I would think.

The guy in the video clip exists - it's very recognisable - a large part of young men live exactly the way the doomer character does and they do fall asleep with their clothes on too. Without hope, without a plan and in the knowledge that there is no future, for which they will blame boomers amongst others - real boomers (the generation) and those who are boomer in spirit (progressives, social-liberals, SJWs, ...). Every non-boomer below 40 knows there will be no more money left for us when we retire, for example. Most doomers would no doubt gladly trade places with people who lived prior to the Sixties - even if that means being poorer, it would at least be a world again in which one wants to live in. Of course the video clip is self-deprecating and makes light of doomers to an extent, because that's how this kind of info-humor works.

Yes, our (great)grandfathers were poorer than us (although they could live with a family from a single income - and got drunk too with the little money they had) - and boomers will always say in their own defense that "at least we got a lot of stuff now. And cheap televisions." But it turns out that if material wellbeing begins to decline, as we've seen post-2008, nothing remains of the baby boomer dream. It was always just that, status symbols and material abundance, and only that. And it came at a great, unacceptable cost. We destroyed our cultures for this wealth and sacrificed morality. And now there's no more wealth. And now the emperor has no clothes. Naked repression is all that remains - in combination with boomers endlessly repeating how amazing their legacy is, refusing to admit their errors until the bitter end.

Doomers are the direct consequence of boomer actions and failures. You can barely buy anything anymore with 21.80 dollar, too. Your granny could've lived from that money for quite some time.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    1 Minute Ago @ 12:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonPagan View Post
    My Granny spent most of her childhood feeling hungry and never had a new pair of shoes until she started work (she had to wear those passed down from her two elder sisters) so I’m sure she’d be full of pity for a guy who spends 21.80 in just one evening on fags and booze.
    Whoever said you could buy happiness and hope for the future? The older generations might have had less stuff to buy and generally lived a less comfortable life, but at least they could be fairly certain that their society would keep existing and remain fairly stable for the foreseeable future. That their own children would grow up in a community much like they themselves did, or even better. They grew up in a time of an nearly exclusive upwards trajectory. The young of today are experiencing the opposite. It's only natural to feel worried about the future in such a situation. Spending 21.80$ on beer and cigarettes doesn't fix anything.

I don't think we need to be so overly sensitive to sentiments of doom and gloom. Society is f-ed up, and we do no-one a service by trying to gloss it over and put on a fake smile. In order to help someone feeling depressed, one has to start by letting them freely express why, what and how they feel. And only from there, can improvements be made.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Þoreiðar For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, June 13th, 2019 @ 05:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Celtic, Germanic, Med
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Single adult
    Politics
    center right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Let us all stay strong for the times ahead are rough

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AngloSaxophone For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    37 Minutes Ago @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,222 Posts
    Chlod, you're talking about past eras of which you have little knowledge and you're particularly ignorant about the Boomers!

Boomers were not "progressives, social-liberals & SJWs" and in the UK more of them voted Brexit, for example, than any of the generations since. Socio-liberalism? I could go on all night about the kids I grew up with and how racist they were, and some of the blokes down at my local pub used to go out 'faggot-bashing' at the weekends!

Look, I know you need a scapegoat for all that's going wrong today but you've missed the mark by some distance here. As usual, you can't think beyond the Internet and your head is full of all those anti-Boomer comments you read every day as you surf through the so-called 'manosphere'. I’m sure that half the time you’re only seeking to confirm your own prejudices. Can’t get a girlfriend? Okay, fine, just go onto a site where other young men can’t get one either and they’ll tell you that it’s all the women’s fault and, via some circuitous logic, that it’s actually because of the Boomers (yes, even in the year 2019!)

Þoreiðar , I’m not denying that society is in a mess but it can’t be fixed by pointing fingers at other members of our own community. By the time we’ve alienated all the women (who are already under-represented in our circles, I wonder why?) and finished complaining about all those born between the mid-40s and the mid-60’s there’s hardly anyone left.

Furthermore, never underestimate the effects of long-term, grinding poverty like my grandparents knew. If you’d have told my paternal grandfather that life was on an ‘upward trajectory’ after he’d just finished his 12-hour mining shift his reply would have been very rude. He lived through WW1, the Great Depression and WW2 so I think you may have had an interesting debate

I don’t think he was a particularly happy man, and since ‘multiculturalism’ had never been heard of during his lifetime he didn’t consider himself more fortunate than the following generations. How could he? It’s the same with us ‘Boomers’. This term wasn’t even invented until 1974, a whole decade after the last one had been born, and we sure as Hel didn’t realise the envy we’d arouse much later on. In the UK we were far more concerned with the Three-Day Week and 24% annual inflation to worry about some snarky comments on something called the Internet way into the future.

Sure, if some 'Doomers' want to start whining about how tough their life is today by all means let them do so. As far as I’m concerned they’re just a bunch of pussies and I hope that in 30-40 years from now they get lectured about how easy they had it by some know-it-alls who were not even born at the time

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SaxonPagan For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast