Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Post Study: Human DNA Neanderthal-Free

Study: Human DNA Neanderthal-Free
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs...nderthal.html#
    By Jennifer Viegas, Discovery News

May 12, 2003 Neanderthals did not contribute to the gene pool of modern humans, according to a recent study that compared the DNA of two ancient Cro-Magnons with that of four Neanderthals.

While Neanderthals and early humans coexisted in Europe for a few thousand years 40,000 years ago, the findings suggest they did not interbreed, an action that would have made Neanderthals a direct ancestor of modern humans.

The study also supports the "Out of Africa" theory. According to this view, modern humans evolved in East Africa and then spread into Europe and Asia through the Middle East.

This opposes the "multiregional mode of expansion" theory, which holds that early humans, including Neanderthals, were unique but related populations within one evolving species.

For the study, published in the current Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, researchers extracted mitochondrial DNA from Cro-Magnon skeletons found in the Paglicci cave of Southern Italy. The first set of remains dated to approximately 23,000 years ago. The second individual lived around 24,720 years ago.

Mitochondrial DNA is inherited unchanged from the mother only, allowing researchers to trace unadulterated DNA back hundreds of thousands of years.

When the Cro-Magnon mtDNA was compared with existing mtDNA data from four Neanderthals dating between 29,000-42,000 years ago, virtually no similarities were found.

The genetic information then was compared with that of four prehistoric Europeans who lived between 5,500-14,000 years ago, and also with a database of mtDNA information for 2,566 modern Europeans and Near Easterners.

No matches were found when Neanderthals were compared with ancient and modern humans. Cro-Magnons, however, had genetic sequences present in 14 percent of the modern humans represented in the database, particularly individuals from the Near and Middle East.

"In samples from Yemen, Syria, Iran, Palestine are found individuals with a sequence belonging to the same group as the Paglicci samples," explained Giorgio Bertorelle, an author of the PNAS paper and an assistant professor of population genetics and genetic epidemiology at the University of Ferrara in Italy.

The link to the Near and Middle Eastern countries seems reasonable, Bertorelle said, because this was the likely route of expansion that early humans followed.

Alan Cooper, professor of zoology at Oxford University, agreed with the findings, but suggests that Neanderthals should not be ruled out just yet as direct human ancestors.

"There is still a remote possibility that only nuclear DNA was contributed, or that any Neanderthal mtDNA lineage has been lost during human population bottlenecks in the last glacial max, but the odds appear pretty slim," said Cooper.

Henry Harpending, professor of anthropology at the University of Utah, also hesitated to rule out the possibility of a human-Neanderthal connection. Harpending further believes that the multiregional mode of expansion theory still is plausible, as "mtDNA seems to have a different history than much of the rest of the genome."
    "slavic" languages are absolutely arteficial (Read "slawenlegende"). The "glagolica", invented by a bunch of monks, is nothing but an ancient esperanto, creating new words, definitions and alphabet out of regional slangs.

The craddle of European Civilization comes from the North. All blond people originate from the north. So if you see a blond-blue eyed Slovene, Russian, Czech, Polak ect., you can be 100% sure that his ancient ancestors originated from "Germanics" (Germanic = Nordic).
    "slovenja" was the settelment of the Langobards = Germanics/Teutons. "Poland" of the Goths and East-Vandals ect. ect. What do "slavs" tell us about their origin?
    Some silly story that they originate from some swamps in the east and popped out of no where into history.

So you see my dear "Gorostan" [=Triglav], you are in reality a "Germanic" indoctrinated with panslav propaganda and historic fantasy stories. ~Dr. Brandt, former TNP and Skadi member

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Post Re: Study: Human DNA Neanderthal-Free

If would be a huge surprise to me if there would be any successful intermixture of sapiens with neandertalensis.

I never believed in the successful intermixture theory of Europids with the failure of human evolution.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Last Online
    Friday, October 21st, 2005 @ 11:04 PM
    Subrace
    Corded/Balkanoid UP
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    Politics
    Nutzi
    Religion
    Agnostic!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don't understand why they didn't interbreed ( if this data is correct ).
    Are they implying that neanderthal/cromagnon mixes were not fertile, or that the two cultures were so incompatible, they didn't want to mix, or even rape eachother?

I don't believe there was absolutely no interbreeding between the two branches. I wouldn't dare to say that I know exactly what happened.I think that the neanderthals were far fewer than newcomers.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As I've said before, mixed breeds die out.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 12:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by AWAR
    I don't understand why they didn't interbreed ( if this data is correct ).
    Are they implying that neanderthal/cromagnon mixes were not fertile, or that the two cultures were so incompatible, they didn't want to mix, or even rape eachother?

I don't believe there was absolutely no interbreeding between the two branches. I wouldn't dare to say that I know exactly what happened.I think that the neanderthals were far fewer than newcomers.
    I'll have to disagree, Antranig (my avatar) has a better mustache...
    After so many thoulsands of years evident DNA strands can be overlooked (DNA is more complicated than a model of one). Perhaps there are other human genetic deformations or mutations that can assist in tracking Neandrathal ancestory?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cosmocreator
    As I've said before, mixed breeds die out.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3346455.stm

Morphology changes on a slower rate than the preceding genic swapping.
    The specific Neanderthaler lineage simple died out or went through a mtDna bottleneck and evaporated in time.

Think of the consequences if we follow the reasoning of the Out-of-Africa League by the letter and apply this perception to the Homo erectus, we would be devoid of any HE genes, he was not only a older and different species, but not even sapiens.And hence carrying genes with not the faintest trace of humanity.

This leaves us a Cro Magnon race which suddenly comes out of the blue either from the African savannes or Central Asia, with a continous line of descendants till our life time, but with no ancestry, except a never-ending and in an obfuscated remote past erring line of Homo sapiens sapiens; a pedigree that lives up to the theories of teh Creationists....

Last Online
    Sunday, November 29th, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
    Subrace
    Arya/W.Baltic with Brunn
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Paleoconservative
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I heard that red hair was inherited from the Neanderthal. Where would we get it from otherwise?

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Homo sapiens had more creativity and was more numerous.

I cant imagine that male Neandertalids had any chance to get into a sapiens group or that sapiens gave the Neandertalid women.

Because sapiens had the better weapons and was more numerous I think only rape or intercourse by chance are possible.
    And even in this time there was some sort of contraception in form of abortion or infanticide.

Not to forget that sapiens lived economically more secure and had a better defence especially because of the bigger groups and maybe better organisation/communication.

I think that the Neandertalids couldnt communicate proper with the sapiens.

Furthermore there is the idea that they got a weaker immune system too.

Normally if a group has enough food and space, in traditional hunter and gatherer societies they dont fight with other groups even if they dont like them.
    But when there was less food and the space became tighter the fitter populations survived to bigger numbers, more children, communication, intelligence (at least some sort of, just think about art and imagination)

It was not just one but many reasons which eradicated the Neandertalids from Earth.

My personal opinion is too, that sapiens and neandertalensis were to different species which were not able to reproduce with each other SUCCESSFUL!

Maybe they were able to do the same like f.e. horses and donkeys or tigers and lions, but the hybrids were not able to reproduce themselves again or were very unfavorable.

Dont forget the difference between this two species was much bigger than between all races of the contemporary world.

I read that the foetus of chimpanzees and gorillas can be not distinguished easily, they are to similar, but the foetus, little children of the Neandertalids were so different that even a amateur can distinguish them as foetus and even more as newborn!

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb
    I heard that red hair was inherited from the Neanderthal. Where would we get it from otherwise?
    Mutation.

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 12:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb
    from eumelanin and phenomelanin..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast