Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post "Jesus instructed me"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...121393,00.html

Jesus instructed me, says Lindh accused

Agencies
    Monday January 12, 2004

The man who has confessed to killing the Swedish foreign minister Anna Lindh said Jesus told him to kill her, police said today.
    Mijailo Mijailovic, 25, who had denied any involvement in the September 10 killing, confessed last week to the attack but told prosecutors and his defence lawyer the deed had been unplanned and lacked political motive.

Prosecutors today charged Mr Mijailovic with murder, saying forensic evidence tied him to the murder weapon and the victim.

Leif Jennekvist, the Stockholm police commissioner who led the murder investigation, told reporters that Mr Mijailovic had made up his mind to kill Ms Lindh during roughly 14 minutes between seeing her enter the central Stockholm department store and the murder.

"He decided to kill her, and he did it. He says he did it at the command of an inner voice belonging to Jesus," Mr Jennekvist said.

Mr Mijailovic told prosecutors: "I think it is Jesus. That he has chosen me," when asked why he killed Ms Lindh, according to a transcript of the January 6 confession.

Ms Lindh, a leading pro-euro campaigner touted as a future prime minister, was stabbed 10 times in the attack on September 10 last year and had stab wounds on her chest, stomach and arms. She later died from her injuries.

Linnea Arvidsson, manager of the department store boutique where Ms Lindh was attacked, told police she witnessed the attack at close range and heard the assailant say words meaning: "You got what you deserved."

"The main proof is the technical evidence, that Mr Mijailovic's DNA is on the knife and that Anna Lindh's blood is on the knife," said Christer Nilsson, an investigator on the case.

He said that Mr Mijailovic knew it was Ms Lindh when he attacked her.

Mr Mijailovic's lawyer, Peter Althin, said the attack was random and not politically motivated.

"I can't really remember when in my 30-year career I have seen a murder charge with such a high level of proof," said Leif Persson, a criminology professor at the national police board.

In his confession, Mr Mijailovic said he buried his clothes in the woods after the attack. They were later recovered by police and had Ms Lindh's blood on them.

A baseball cap found near the crime scene also had specks of her blood on them. Police extracted some of Mr Mijailovic's DNA from the hat.

Mr Mijailovic, who was born in Sweden to Serbian parents, goes on trial on Wednesday and faces between 10 years and life in prison if convicted of the murder.

Senior Member Ominous Lord Spoonblade's Avatar
    Last Online
    Tuesday, September 26th, 2006 @ 12:55 AM
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Post Re: "Jesus instructed me"

Why did you put "Serbian" in bold when the key problem is obviously Jesus?
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Spoonblade: Sharper than a knife and twice as deadly.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa
    LOL. Jesus can't be the real problem because he does not exist.

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    LOL. Jesus can't be the real problem because he does not exist.
    It is the character and symbol of Jesus ingrained in people's minds that causes the harm. That's why religious hallucinations are pretty common. If Jesus wasn't such a pop-icon, less people would commit such bizarre murders.

It's the Christian voice in the schizophrenic mind telling them they are "all bad" or they are "all good", and sometimes inciting paranoia because the world is conspiring against them (ie. apocalypse, not getting into heaven).

The following is from here
    Delusions are false personal beliefs that are not subject to reason or contradictory evidence and are not part of the person's culture. They are common symptoms of schizophrenia and can involve themes of persecution or grandeur, for example. Sometimes delusions in schizophrenia are quite bizarre, for instance, believing that a neighbor is controlling the schizophrenic individual's behavior with magnetic waves, or that people on television are directing special messages specifically at him or her, or are broadcasting the individual's thoughts aloud to other people.
    Or that a purple teletubby can be homosexual.

Delusions of persecution, which are common in paranoid schizophrenia, are false and irrational beliefs that a person is being cheated, harassed, poisoned, or conspired against. The patient may believe that he or she, or a member of the family or other group, is the focus of this imagined persecution.
    *cough* Judaism *cough*

I know a schizophrenic man who always shouts at God and his demons. You can see him waving his arms at them sometimes....well, often.
    I envision a world where people dawning long white robes and elaborate headdresses run rampant down the streets, waving their arms in the air while screaming "we've gone mad, we've gone mad", like defrocked monks breaking the silence of ages past.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Essex Essex
    Putinism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It is the character and symbol of Jesus ingrained in people's minds that causes the harm. That's why religious hallucinations are pretty common. If Jesus wasn't such a pop-icon, less people would commit such bizarre murders.

It's the Christian voice in the schizophrenic mind telling them they are "all bad" or they are "all good", and sometimes inciting paranoia because the world is conspiring against them (ie. apocalypse, not getting into heaven).

The following is from here

Or that a purple teletubby can be homosexual.

*cough* Judaism *cough*

I know a schizophrenic man who always shouts at God and his demons. You can see him waving his arms at them sometimes....well, often.
    You are right Vanessa, as usual.

I have as of late been thinking about the Bible fictional characters (i.e. God, Jesus, Lucifer, etc), and came to the conclusion that Lucifer, the snake/devil/Satan is actually the good character, opposing the lying, torturing, treacherous and murderous God of the Hebrews, "YHVH". Jesus was a slight improvement on his vile and terrible father, though. But the morality of Jesus is very deceptive - I mean just look what happened in this guy who killed Anna Lindh's mind. Jesus invokes extremity in the mind, and causes one to do irrational things, contrary to human decency.

So, the Angel of Light who was "kicked out of heaven", Lucifer, is actually the good character in the Bible, if you read it with insight and without prejudice.

- Loki

Last Online
    Thursday, August 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Subrace
    Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

*sigh* You people find the stupidest excuses to bash Christianity! :angry

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I believe Jack has written some things on "Lucifer as Liberator" that are posted in the philosophy forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    So, the Angel of Light who was "kicked out of heaven", Lucifer, is actually the good character in the Bible, if you read it with insight and without prejudice.
    I like how Milton portrayed Lucifer in Paradise Lost, for the most part. Not as a total evil entity, but as the fallen angel who believed that it is "better to reign in hell than to serve in heav'n". (Not that Milton exactly portrayed Lucifer as a "hero" though) My favourite quote from Book One:

"Fall'n Cherub, to be weak is miserable
    Doing or suffering: but of this be sure,
    To do aught good never will be our task,
    But ever to do ill our sole delight,
    As being contrary to his high will
    Whom we resist. If then his Providence
    Out of our evil seek to bring forth good,
    Our labour must be to pervert that end,
    And out of good still to find means of evil,
    Which oft-times may succeed, so as perhaps
    Shall grieve him, if I fail not, and disturb
    His inmost councels from their destined aim."

The conflict between Lucifer and God just reflects my world view so nicely The Lightbringer doesn't want to be a slave...and how motivating is it to hear the tale of someone who fought against God to live according to their own will? And I don't even believe in God! According to Judeo-Christianity, Lucifer was the first critical thinker

There is also the tale of Prometheous that is similiar....this concept can be found all over the place Basically I think it can be (over)simplified as "anti-authority" --Question everything. The average person just eats what they are fed.

p.s. See my signature...it's from Chuck Palahnuik's Survivor, btw. Citing sources can be so inaesthetic.
    Last edited by Ominous Lord Spoonblade; Tuesday, January 13th, 2004 at 03:09 AM.

Last Online
    Subrace
    shape-shifter
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Politics
    pride and power
    Religion
    I built the pyramids
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pushkin
    *sigh* You people find the stupidest excuses to bash Christianity! :angry
    BAH, go call on your Shepard...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Bad DNA.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Friday, January 8th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Lappland Lappland
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

mm..Serbian DNA...

I don't see why his ethnicity is important. If it had been a Germanic foreigner would you highlight the ethnicity? Serbs don't belong in Sweden, I agree, but they're the least of the immigrant problem there. If Serbs want or need to live outside their native land they should come to the US or Canada instead. Me and Vanessa will make them feel welcome, hehehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast