Last Online
    Tuesday, February 13th, 2007 @ 05:06 AM
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Rufosity (Orange-Red Hair) ?

This is a very specific question but I have travelled extensively in South Asia and the Orient(Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam) and when I was living in Pakistan, I had a neighbour(full Pakistani) who had curly orange-red(not brown) hair and eyelashes/eyebrows, extremely pale skin and lots of freckles. I don't think she was adopted and I never saw her parents. Some people told me that there are some other people like her too in Pakistan(extremely few).
    Well, I was wondering if traits like orange hair, pale skin and freckles could be some sort of disorder. The girl was in her late 20s and perfectly healthy. Can anyone elaborate. Thanks.

Last Online
    Friday, August 11th, 2006 @ 12:18 AM
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Post Re: Rufosity(?)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchTape
    This is a very specific question but I have travelled extensively in South Asia and the Orient(Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam) and when I was living in Pakistan, I had a neighbour(full Pakistani) who had curly orange-red(not brown) hair and eyelashes/eyebrows, extremely pale skin and lots of freckles. I don't think she was adopted and I never saw her parents. Some people told me that there are some other people like her too in Pakistan(extremely few).
    Well, I was wondering if traits like orange hair, pale skin and freckles could be some sort of disorder. The girl was in her late 20s and perfectly healthy. Can anyone elaborate. Thanks.
    Theres blacks with blue eyes as well, depigmentation is a human mutation, it can occur both in recessiveness and in modern mutations in all races. I don't have any websites to give as examples, maybe someone can post one?

Last Online
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply but I meant the specific characteristics like red hair(head and body) and pale freckled skin. The occurence of these characteristics together in one individual; Is this a disorder.

Really? There are unmixed blacks with blue eyes? I think you might be referring to African Americans and you have to keep in mind that humans have been mixing for centuries.

Last Online
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the reply but I meant the specific characteristics like red hair(head and body) and pale freckled skin. The occurence of these characteristics together in one individual; Is this a disorder.

Really? There are unmixed blacks with blue eyes? I think you might be referring to African Americans and you have to keep in mind that humans have been mixing for centuries.
    Rufosity is a human trait,period...the only reason that specific groups carry it is inbreeding and regional seclusion. Yes there are blacks in Africa with albinism, blondism, and rufosity, but its 1 out of millions. I doubt rufosity survived in Pakistan from Europid origin, its probably just recent mutation.

Last Online
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So it is a mutation? Of course it didn't last all those years, besides the original Aryans(?) were dark haired from what I read in other websites.

Last Online
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So it is a mutation? Of course it didn't last all those years, besides the original Aryans(?) were dark haired from what I read in other websites.
    The Aryans were said to be proto-Anatolians...if they were like the Anatolids they were clear haired (still brown), clear eyed, light skinned (not white), and hairy...but the Aryan word has come to mean many things today. I think it means Indo-European.

Yes I would bet on it being a mutation, but it's uncommon for it to occur in regions outside of Europe, since Europe has the foggiest, darkest, cold regions all in one ...so its more common there. Then again it can honestly be a million things. Mutations occur every day, people today look nothing the way they did thoulsands of years ago. Thats why its difficult to establish "race" in its purest form, adaptations, mutations, and everything inbetween take place every day.