Monday, September 26th, 2005 @ 03:24 AM
    Occupation
    Ósnotr mađr hyggr sér alla vera
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Question Age and Eye/Hair-Colour-shifting

Does ones eye colour enfact grow lighter or darquer as one ages? Untill what age does this shade-variation-shift occur? Is it a life-length process? I know that within very young ages, eyes additionally shift not merely 'twixt shades, but 'twixt colours as well. For enstance, I had blue eyes untill I was about one year and ˝ winters young -I wil attach fotos in the Childhood pics thread later- and then they slowly grew darquer untill I was about 17 and however have been somewhat lightening in colour over the last few years with green; I am 23 winters young now. My father has blue eyes and my mother has green/hasel, so this would not be out-of-the-question. I find for this interesting and would like to disguss on this with every one here and perhaps hear any of your personal experiences at this mattre as well.

Hair colour seems more susceptible to this notion of shade-shifting. Most of us have light hairs when bourne and watch them darquen to varying degrees as we age every winter. Hair-heterogeneousness -for lacking over a better term- seem as well common. For enstance, I have a beard at the moment and tis ginger-haired, which would have been medium brown a shorter while ago, whilst my father through out his life had medium brown hairs at his head, as I do, but blonde facial hairs i.e. he has a blonde mustache. From this I assume I would believe that hair-heterogeneousness -or a lacking thereof i.e. hair-colouring homogeny- within a single individual is enfact passed down from generation to generation. What does every one feel on such a claim? Thank you for your thoughts at the issues raised herein.

Fřrst utvanna saa utrydda

Last Online
    Thursday, January 26th, 2006 @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Very good questions! I have been thinking of bringing them up myself as well, but I'm too shy. During the last months I think I've been noticing a shifting in hair colour, from light brown it has been looking more and more dark blonde at diffrent instances. I guess it could be the lighting that differs but I think not. Also I've heard that much exposure to the sun in summertime would lighten your hair, any comments on that?

Last Online
    Thursday, April 15th, 2010 @ 08:50 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Trönder/Hälsingetypen
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Racial nationalism/Nordicism
    Religion
    Non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Darkening of hair and eye may be related to increase of testosterone. I was also born blue-eyed, now my eyes are green/hazel. It is said that dark eyes tend to lighten with old age as well.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 14th, 2005 @ 03:45 AM
    Occupation
    Student.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Younger people usually don't have as much pigmentation.

For example, black babies are born kind of a brick color. Not all the pigmentation is there, so you can actually see hue blood gives you through their pigmentation.

This is kind of a shame, because just when women get used to their "natural color," they find that it's changing on them... So they bleach their hair.

Not quite what I can add about some of the other issues.

Last Online
    Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 @ 09:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    Nordish
    Subrace
    Troendertype/Nordid/Faelish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Divorced, looking
    Occupation
    Impregnating Captured Earthwomen
    Politics
    Folk and Land
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    All white children have light blue eyes at birth due to lack of melanin (I believe that is the chemical) in their bodies, but at 4 months to 2 years the body's melanin pdoduction begins and the eyes may darken and become the permanent color.
    http://northwestfront.org/

......naturally the best man could give them the best children. Because of that these chosen Freyr priests had several wives. - Varg Vikernes

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 @ 08:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Oskorei and I discussed this briefly at Skadi a long time ago, he is convinced I am a freak of nature. 3:

My hair has gone from blonde at birth, to bright red for years until i was about 4, then slowly went reddish brown, then brown, at the height of puberty my testosterone levels had made it VERY dark brown, and it has now returned to a medium brown with blonde highlights, and my beard is about half medium brown half blonde; the roots of my hair also are blonde. In addition my eyes went from blue, to a darker "sea" blue when i was around 7, they then turned mostly green with some blue and SouthernBoy's famous Yellow Ring(tm) but they do not have much pigment - they tend to reflect the colours of the clothing I wear. One day blue, one day green, another day light-mixed. They are almost identical to Louhi's eyes when they come up green, to give you an idea.

My Maternal side of the family is entirely blue eyed with a mixture of blonde, red, and occasional light brown hair - my Paternal side of the family is all grey and blue eyed, with mostly light brown and darker blonde shades of hair. Most are not alive to show me their eyes and were too dead when colour photos were invented to see them all evidentially. I suppose there is a green eye or two in there somewhere, though I can't imagine where. It seems that puberty and maturation have definitive impact on pigmentation, though I believe it is only to the degrees available within the individual's specific genetic range for such things.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWalker
    All white children have light blue eyes at birth due to lack of melanin (I believe that is the chemical) in their bodies, but at 4 months to 2 years the body's melanin pdoduction begins and the eyes may darken and become the permanent color.
    This is true, and I would add that exposure to natural light(UV inparticular) is, as I understand it, the main catalyst for the full maturation of the melanin in the eye.

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 25th, 2006 @ 04:26 PM
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymaus
    My hair has gone from blonde at birth, to bright red for years until i was about 4, then slowly went reddish brown, then brown, at the height of puberty my testosterone levels had made it VERY dark brown, and it has now returned to a medium brown with blonde highlights, and my beard is about half medium brown half blonde; the roots of my hair also are blonde. In addition my eyes went from blue, to a darker "sea" blue when i was around 7, they then turned mostly green with some blue and SouthernBoy's famous Yellow Ring(tm) but they do not have much pigment - they tend to reflect the colours of the clothing I wear. One day blue, one day green, another day light-mixed. They are almost identical to Louhi's eyes when they come up green, to give you an idea.
    Much colour make Náttfari dizzy... :bier:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Náttfari
    :laugh: It's not as complicated as it seems. Just medium brown hair with blonde highlights and pale "light-mixed" eyes i guess. If you shrunk all those years of pigment change down in to one paragraph, though, you'd get a kaleidoscope - must be what you're dizzy from, bror :

Břndern Ska Gjćnnoppstĺ
    Last Online
    Monday, September 26th, 2005 @ 03:24 AM
    Occupation
    Ósnotr mađr hyggr sér alla vera
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Náttfari
    :laugh: Ég veit alveg hvađ ţú ert ađ tala um.

Fřrst utvanna saa utrydda

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlingr Hárbarđarson
    I will send you the medical bills for the damage you have done to my eyes and my mind with this picture.. don't forget to check your mail for the invoice.. :102be:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast