Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Return of the King: Extended Edition (spoilers)

Last Online
    Monday, September 5th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch
    I'm not complaining as such, but surely if there are some things that we aren't 100% happy with in the LotR trilogy, we can discuss them if we feel like it?

Make no mistake, I think the LotR movies are much, much better than I dared to hope for. I personally know of several people who have decided to go from "fence-sitters" to full-blown White nationlalists, European preservationists or Nordicists because of them. 1:
    I think that it is either me or you that has not understood this. But when I came in here and joined this groop, it was because we were to disguss nordic problems and problems about immigrants comming to the nordic area. And NOT films that we're not 100% satisfied with.
    They've begun with disgussing race-problems in these movies, and that is something we should disguss. That is what we should favour. And not wether we are satisfied with it or not. That would be to stupid to disguss, especially since it is so problematic to make movies out of novels. 1. Because you can't get all the points in the book, but you can of course get some of them. 2. Since you can't make a movie with all the good points under three hours, there will be people who will be dissatisfied with one thing where others would disagree with the others. And that is not something I would recomend that we do here.

The wind was high, the window shakes,
    With sudden start the miser wakes.
    Along the silent room he stalks,
    Looks back and tremble as he walks...
    Gay's
    The miser and pluthus

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs Down

Quote Originally Posted by Naggaroth
    I think that it is either me or you that has not understood this. But when I came in here and joined this groop, it was because we were to disguss nordic problems and problems about immigrants comming to the nordic area. And NOT films that we're not 100% satisfied with.
    They've begun with disgussing race-problems in these movies, and that is something we should disguss. That is what we should favour. And not wether we are satisfied with it or not. That would be to stupid to disguss, especially since it is so problematic to make movies out of novels. 1. Because you can't get all the points in the book, but you can of course get some of them. 2. Since you can't make a movie with all the good points under three hours, there will be people who will be dissatisfied with one thing where others would disagree with the others. And that is not something I would recomend that we do here.
    /Strongly AGREE: I am just happy they kept to the core of the story, struck a popular killing for modern Nordic folklore and culture, did their best by Tolkien’s work which had done the same in print 50 years ago, kept the compromises for 2 hour film format to a minimum, and produced the extended DVD’s having even closer to book content.

Regardless of the merits of the film, book, whatever they may be or not be, this is a major success. How many young, white youth, who’ve been lead to question if they even have an ‘ethnic’ claim to validity – or worse have been lead into feeling guilty for their heritage, will look at this film, and look at the ‘cool’ afro-ethnic pop-culture, and suddenly realize they have a truly proud heritage after all? How many of them will question this psychological yoke, and begin to question, and to read, and educate themselves?

Let the rappers rant about racism, because Aragorn was not cast as a black-homosexual-Puerto Rican.

Last Online
    Monday, September 5th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter
    /Strongly AGREE: I am just happy they kept to the core of the story, struck a popular killing for modern Nordic folklore and culture, did their best by Tolkien’s work which had done the same in print 50 years ago, kept the compromises for 2 hour film format to a minimum, and produced the extended DVD’s having even closer to book content.

Regardless of the merits of the film, book, whatever they may be or not be, this is a major success. How many young, white youth, who’ve been lead to question if they even have an ‘ethnic’ claim to validity – or worse have been lead into feeling guilty for their heritage, will look at this film, and look at the ‘cool’ afro-ethnic pop-culture, and suddenly realize they have a truly proud heritage after all? How many of them will question this psychological yoke, and begin to question, and to read, and educate themselves?

Let the rappers rant about racism, because Aragorn was not cast as a black-homosexual-Puerto Rican.
    Hehehe... I totally agree with you as well. And The core is that Tolkien infact used old mythological books and writings to write this trilogy. And the mythoglogy he used most was the Norse mythology with Odin and Tor.

The wind was high, the window shakes,
    With sudden start the miser wakes.
    Along the silent room he stalks,
    Looks back and tremble as he walks...
    Gay's
    The miser and pluthus

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggaroth
    Yes, I can see what you are getting at. But this is the film forum, so what we discuss here are films.

I've recently taken over the moderation of the activism section as well, so if you wish to discuss ways to end non-White immigration, you are more than welcome to do so over there.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, February 11th, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf
    Did anybody ever notice how the Haradrim closely resembeled Negroes! :laugh:

Yes, Harad is located in the Southeast of Middle-Earth. According to Tolkien the people of upper Harad are brown-skinned and have black hair. They're the ones who created the civilization of Harad. The people of lower Harad, however, are black-skinned, large and strong as trolls but equally unintelligent, and the Haradrim use them as slaves. :icon_evil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123