Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Things You Like About Your Country and Things You Hate

What are some things you like about your country? What are the things you hate?

When it comes to America. Of course I dislike the Multiculturalism and Political Correctness. But I think America definetly has it's pluses too. The land is vast and beautiful. One becomes keenly aware of this when one visists places like Yellow Stone National Park, The Grand Canyon, The Florida ever glades and Niagra Falls.

And I guess at times I dislike all these laws. Fireworks are illegal here. You can't paint your house whatever color you like and other things of that nature.

Also I really like the availablity of housing and jobs. From what I've heard opporunity here is still unparralled even in other developed countries.

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 8th, 2006 @ 02:40 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    England. I appreciate creativity and innovation.

But most things I dislike. We give away our best things to our worst enemies. We allow our women to run riot and ruin everything. And the English language is a playground for liars and cheats.

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 23rd, 2005 @ 02:54 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The things i like/hate about Australia

Well of course i love the country i was born in.......
    As for the things i like..... well let me see......
    Australian cities are small by European and American standards so we arent over crowded, we as a country produce 3times more then we could ever eat, our total population including non-whites is 20 million, we have a wide range of different tropical zones to visit, and we have huge untapped natural resources, we have a great sense of self community even though Australia lacks 2000 years of history, and more importantly our soldiers are honoured and respected by those we they have fought beside in battle. As for country Australia what better aplace is there to be?

Now the things i hate about Australia...........
    Australia isnt perfect we suffer from agreat deal of things like laws that are beyond a joke (check threads on What laws are like in other countries?) and then we have other problems like Aboriginal rights and "Native Title claims" where people are forced to give up land for Aboriginals whom then lease the land to big mining companies at a cheap dollar and for a easy ride, then we have the joke of the fact Australia is the dryest land on Earth and yet we lack any sort of Water refinement technology...... Then we come to the fact that we have the fact that our Armed Forces are i'll equipped and spread out everywhere in the world....... so i would say i hate our Government

But then whom doesnt dislike something about their Governments?
    Wotan Mit Uns

Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2006 @ 04:04 AM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm not going to beat that dead horse and mention what I hate about America.

What I like: I love Michigan, especially the upper peninsula, which is one of the most beautiful areas I have seen. Aside from natural environs, I like American idealism--not as it has manifested itself in the past few decades, but as it existed in our notion of "manifest destiny" (that is, our adventerous spirit; also the space-race, despite the politics invovled), in naturalism a la Emerson, and in our extreme individualism. When speaking of America's national character, we are sort of the lost, rebellious adolescent of the world. There is something tragically beautiful about this, especially since as the nation grew up, it abandoned its beliefs in favour of soul-less imperialistic and economic materialism.
    Out of life's school of war...

Sonja
    What I like about Canada:

First and foremost, I love Canada's nature. I don't believe there is any other country in the world that is more beautiful (although I won't say so for sure). Secondly, Canada is vast and sparsely populated. We have more space than the United States, and only a ninth of its population - about 3 people per square kilometre. Thirdly, I like Canadian history, and I find it extremely interesting. Fourthly, I like Canada's ties to Britain, however insubstantial they may be. Fifthly, I like that Canadian people generally try very hard to distance themselves from the United States, because it shows that we know the country is a problem, even if I think a large portion of this is no more than denial of the inevitable. Sixthly, I like Canada's French population. Finally, I feel much, much safer here than I do in America.

What I do not like about Canada:

I don't like that the United States is in control of Canada both economically and politically. I don't like the fact that Canada takes in so many immigrants, even a good number of HIV+ ones every year, in the name of human rights. I don't care about where these people go. Drown them in the ocean. They are endangering the rest of us. I don't like that we are taught in school that Canada's culture is multiculturalism. I don't like the corruption that has taken hold of the Canadian government.

And I don't like Alberta.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Chrom-Mangan
    Country
    Other Other
    non-religious
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pictures say more than words...

Germany

Like:

Dislike:

Tolerance is a proof of distrust in one's own ideals. Friedrich Nietzsche

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter
    England. I appreciate creativity and innovation.

But most things I dislike. We give away our best things to our worst enemies. We allow our women to run riot and ruin everything. And the English language is a playground for liars and cheats.
    Interesting. I guess English men are as whooped as their fellows. :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop
    Pictures say more than words...

Germany

Like:

Dislike:

Way to make a statement Zyklop. You know what they say a picture says a thousand words. :laugh: I see you've included the "Reichstag" as well a shadow of it's former self no doubt.

Last Online
    Wednesday, February 8th, 2006 @ 09:27 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I like the optimism people have. The general communitarian/social progressivist tradition here is very powerful, and if harnessed to the right principles could lead to great things.

Also our constitutional monarchy and parliamentary system in which the legislature directly controls the judiciary. If it wasn't for our Liberal prime minister in the early 80's, who introduced amendments that gave power to the Supreme Court, Canada would probably be a much more conservative country than the USA in legal terms right now.

There isn't much I dislike about Canada. There's even light in the negative issues:

Our approach to foreign immigration, multiculturalism (multiculturalism as we know it is a uniquely Canadian concept by the way, the term was coined here I believe), is in my opinion a much healthier one than the American assimilative one, in that it respects the integral features of cultures involved, and by implication those of our own. This is an indication of some degree of spiritual health in my opinion. (Of course keep in mind that the multiculturalist doctrines weren't the spur for mass immigration, nor did they provide the moral justification. It's simply a viewpoint on identity.)

Our conquest of Quebec was probably the most benevolent and beneficial (for the native population, but also for us) of any in history. Though it ended up causing many problems (for example biculturalism, the idea formulated in the late mid 19th century that French and English culture could coexist under one state, served as much of the inspiration for modern multiculturalism), I think it's something to be proud of.

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 24th, 2006 @ 12:06 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyklop
    Pictures say more than words...[b]

Dislike:

What's wrong with loveparade?

Account Inactive
    Last Online