Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Northern Europe's Low Birth Rate Be Remedied?

Last Online
    Monday, October 3rd, 2005 @ 03:25 AM
    Occupation
    student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    Can Northern Europe's low birth rate be remedied? If so how?
    Easy, both men and women should remain chaste until they become married and should stay married for life for the purposes of raising and rearing children, forget that romantic bull that the media has been cramming down our throats.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 28th, 2011 @ 01:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Vastergotland Vastergotland
    Green
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Here in Norway, maternity leave lasts one year. Usually the mother stays at home with the child for that whole year, in some families the father takes the two last months as paternity leave.

The real problems start when that year has passed. A working class family in Norway simply cannot survive on one salary. We even have an arrangement that pays families with children between the ages of one and three a small sum each months to encourage mothers to stay at home and take care of their little ones.
    This was originally planned to decrease the numbers of children on waiting lists for kindergarten.

The problem is that this small sum just isn`t enough to make a difference, as it is only 1/4 to 1/5 of the normal monthly wages.
    Here in Norway, the solution would clearly be

1) Reduced Tax Benefit, as mentioned
    2) More financial support
    3) Family discounts on groceries etc.

This would cover the financial aspect of the case.
    Next battle would be to fight the feminists who would go absolutely bananas over this concept. :speechles

Last Online
    Sunday, November 26th, 2006 @ 06:18 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just a few days ago, some Slovenian politician proposed something along the same lines and was assailed by the media for putting forward proposals that would undermine freedom of choice, etc. This is what every other similar proposal in any other European country would be met with, I suppose.
    How can "freedom of choice" surpass your one and only biological meaning of life? This free world crap is often working against the very ways of nature.

Easy, both men and women should remain chaste until they become married and should stay married for life for the purposes of raising and rearing children, forget that romantic bull that the media has been cramming down our throats.
    Thats one solution yes,but then marriage and chastity must be re-encouraged by government/media or whatever inspires people (in general).

The real problems start when that year has passed. A working class family in Norway simply cannot survive on one salary.
    How do you define working class? (By Norwegian standards)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Green
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr
    How do you define working class? (By Norwegian standards)
    I base it loosely on an average income of about 200-250.000 kroner/year per adult in the family. Losing one income has great impact on such a family`s economy.
    In comparison, a family where one adult makes 500.000 a year, one income would be sufficient.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 8th, 2009 @ 10:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jeg tror nordmenn har blitt for late til å produsere mange barn. De fleste jeg kjenner har 2-3 barn, men veldig sjeldent fler. Vet ikek hva dette kommer av, men foreldrene mine var i verstefall for late til å produsere fler enn meg og broren min :icon1:

Last Online
    Occupation
    student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freja
    I base it loosely on an average income of about 200-250.000 kroner/year per adult in the family. Losing one income has great impact on such a family`s economy.
    In comparison, a family where one adult makes 500.000 a year, one income would be sufficient.
    The problem nowadays is there are no employers who give their workers a family wage (i.e. a salary that one person could suport his family on), no once women got into the workforce and competing with their men, employers figure they can save money by skimping on their workers wages.

No the white woman has gotten her equality but at the price of shedding her family's blood. Now you know why I regard them with ire.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Green
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugr
    The problem nowadays is there are no employers who give their workers a family wage (i.e. a salary that one person could suport his family on), no once women got into the workforce and competing with their men, employers figure they can save money by skimping on their workers wages.
    This sounds a little far-fetched to me. I think the problem lies more in the fact that our expected standard of living has increased in the last 100 years or so. In addition, Norway is a very expensive country to live in.

No the white woman has gotten her equality but at the price of shedding her family's blood. Now you know why I regard them with ire.
    You like it when you can blame everything that goes wrong on women and feminism, don`t you? I also resent the fact that you generalize. It might mean you`ll end up alone, as I think I have pointed out before.
    Even though some males act like - and are - morons, that does not mean all of them are. At least not in my book. It all comes down to individualism.

Last Online
    Occupation
    student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freja
    You like it when you can blame everything that goes wrong on women and feminism, don`t you? I also resent the fact that you generalize. It might mean you`ll end up alone, as I think I have pointed out before.
    Even though some males act like - and are - morons, that does not mean all of them are. At least not in my book. It all comes down to individualism.
    No just a great part, like being stabbed in the back. You may resent the fact that I generalize but I am in the middle of a war whose enemies are ill-defined at best and everywhere, if the fly the enemies colors, I hit 'em with all I've got. No time to distinguish who might be a friendly and who isn't, if they are on the wrong side then they are part of the enemy body.

Sort of like when the IRA bombs pubs frequented by British soldiers, oh well if some Irish get wasted, they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Plus I avenge betrayal 5 fold, like when I was brawling against the Ukrainians we had a man pull out and turn tail and run, well needless to say after we found him, we had a little waffle tread party on his face.

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugr

Our society should make it possible for a parent, either the woman, or sometimes the man, to be a stay-at-home parent to run the household and care for the children. It is wrong for companies and individuals to claim that the market should be allowed to dictate prices in this regard; it is unfair. (1.) Our societies to function need all manner of jobs. (2.) Our societies to function need wholesome families, and stable households, so that social costs don’t burden the system in later generations – and it is the RIGHT thing to do anyway. Therefore, all households, even working-class households should have the economic tools provided by society government or employer I do not care, to be a sustainable single income household. This is a valuable job for a functioning society, and there should be some easy solutions to this – I will happily pay extra for my hamburger at a restaurant for society to ensure the janitor and the clerk can provide for their household. Economic tools and tax structures should be re-imagined to view more strongly the family household as the basic unit to be taxed or subsidized, rather than the individual.

Blaming women going to work is too simplistic a critique to adequately explain why the system is failing in the western world, and does not suggest a route for positive change, unless we mean to forcibly send women to the kitchen for life.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    State
    Green
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Todesritter
    I will happily pay extra for my hamburger at a restaurant for society to ensure the janitor and the clerk can provide for their household. Economic tools and tax structures should be remained to view more strongly the family household as the basic unit to be taxed or subsidized, rather than the individual.
    Well said.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast