View Poll Results: Which would it be?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brown hair/blue eyes

120 68.18%
  • Blond hair/brown eyes

47 26.70%
  • Both are unacceptable. Both blue eyes and blond hair must be present.

9 5.11%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye vs. Hair Color

Last Online
    Monday, September 5th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 91711
    Which is more important? Assume all other factors (such as hair texture or skin type) are equal.

I believe eye color is more important. Eyes are connected to the brain, so it is more likely for eye phenotype to correlate with personality traits.

I believe that you must be wrong. Why? Because both hair and eyes have a connection with the brain. That is also why I don't vote for this. You might wonder how hair can be in connection with the brain and the simple answer is that every thing and organism in our body is in connection with each other in one or another way. For example, if we didn't have the larynx, we haven't had the opportunity to speak. The same way as if we haven't had our lungs. The same way is if we haven't had arms but wings. We wouldn't have had the opportunity to feed our selves with the wings.

In the same way the hair is connected with the brain. If we haven't had the brain and the cells, we would probably not have had the hair either.

Another example, if you are training your strength in your biceps, you are also training other musclegroups in your body, and not only biceps. Why is that? Because the body is connected everywhere. We are not only bits and pieces. I hope you can understand that. We can't have the brain without the heart and vice versa. That is just impossible.

The wind was high, the window shakes,
    With sudden start the miser wakes.
    Along the silent room he stalks,
    Looks back and tremble as he walks...
    Gay's
    The miser and pluthus

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 24th, 2006 @ 01:06 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Blond hair and brown eyes looks unharmonic to me. Brown hair looks better with brown eyes

Last Online
    Monday, September 5th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of a gun
    Blond hair and brown eyes looks unharmonic to me. Brown hair looks better with brown eyes
    Looks unharmonic? So if I say that the picture "Wedding in the Hardanger fiord" of to famous painters here in Norway, looks unharmonic, I should then criticise them for that? I don't think that that would be a smart argument. Why? Because that is a subjetively opinion which is not good enough argument in the big world. If you have used an argument which would say that you don't like it because it doesn't look very nordic to you, I think that it would have been more useful.

The wind was high, the window shakes,
    With sudden start the miser wakes.
    Along the silent room he stalks,
    Looks back and tremble as he walks...
    Gay's
    The miser and pluthus

Last Online
    Tuesday, January 24th, 2006 @ 01:06 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggaroth
    Looks unharmonic? So if I say that the picture "Wedding in the Hardanger fiord" of to famous painters here in Norway, looks unharmonic, I should then criticise them for that? I don't think that that would be a smart argument. Why? Because that is a subjetively opinion which is not good enough argument in the big world. If you have used an argument which would say that you don't like it because it doesn't look very nordic to you, I think that it would have been more useful.
    You are right, it is subjectively opinion. That's why I said blond hair and brown eyes look unharmonic to me .

Last Online
    Sunday, March 18th, 2007 @ 07:13 PM
    Single, looking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggaroth
    I believe that you must be wrong. Why? Because both hair and eyes have a connection with the brain. That is also why I don't vote for this. You might wonder how hair can be in connection with the brain and the simple answer is that every thing and organism in our body is in connection with each other in one or another way. For example, if we didn't have the larynx, we haven't had the opportunity to speak. The same way as if we haven't had our lungs. The same way is if we haven't had arms but wings. We wouldn't have had the opportunity to feed our selves with the wings.

In the same way the hair is connected with the brain. If we haven't had the brain and the cells, we would probably not have had the hair either.

Another example, if you are training your strength in your biceps, you are also training other musclegroups in your body, and not only biceps. Why is that? Because the body is connected everywhere. We are not only bits and pieces. I hope you can understand that. We can't have the brain without the heart and vice versa. That is just impossible.
    I believe that some traits are more important than others.

Saying that all traits are of equal importance is the tool of the multiculturalist. They claim that certain Nordics are more related by percent genetic similarity to certain Africans than to certain nordics. But this does not matter because if we look at the important traits, a Nordic is always more related to any of the other nordics than to any of the Africans.

For example, if we didn't have the larynx, we haven't had the opportunity to speak. The same way as if we haven't had our lungs. The same way is if we haven't had arms but wings. We wouldn't have had the opportunity to feed our selves with the wings.
    How can you compare essential organs to hair color? One cannot live without a heart. What ability does the bald man lack?
    every thing and organism in our body is in connection with each other in one or another way.
    While the eye is more closely connected to the brain than the hair, this was not the basis for my argument. I am suggesting that the genes that code for eye color are more likely to also code for brain traits.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 25th, 2008 @ 04:16 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am suggesting that the genes that code for eye color are more likely to also code for brain traits.
    This is a very unscientific assumption.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think brown eyes look unnatural with blond hair (blond by Northern European standards - most people considered "blond" in English-speaking countries would be considered brown-haired in Northern Europe), so typically blue eyes with brown hair would look better than brown eyes with blond hair. But that's only because most (actually almost all) blond people with brown eyes aren't natural blonds but wannabe blonds, e.g. Jennifer Lopez (yes, she has had blond hair in some movies).
    Neither assimilation nor integration will solve the problems. The only thing that would work from my point of view would be separation. And this separation should be done on a global level, not on a communal level. The western countries here, the islamic countries there. And a very tall border between the two worlds please.

-- Valkyrie

Last Online
    Sunday, March 18th, 2007 @ 07:13 PM
    Single, looking
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is a very unscientific assumption.
    True, I do not know anything about the genes responsible for eye color.

http://netpet.batw.net/genetics/dog.i.color.html
    Eye color in wild canids is generally light, wolves have eyes with pale irises. In fact that is part of why the stare of a wolf is unnerving to humans. Most humans respond to a direct, fixed stare by feeling threatened and when the iris of an eye is light then it is quite easy to tell exactly where the light eyed individual is staring. I (BD) personally beleive this is the major reason that most standards on European dogs call for a dark eyed dog.
    Is this the same thing which some refer to as the "soulless stare" of those with dark eyes?

The linked article mention mentions that eye color correlates with deafness in dogs. This almost supports my assumption that eye color genes might also control other parts of the nervous system.

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I have seen this myself. Dark-eyed people look soulless to me. Their response to being described that way is to say our eyes(blue) look fierce or evil. eyes:

I have to admit that the stare of a blue-eyed man is indeed fierce, but the glare of a lovely blue-eyed woman is the greatest thing I have yet to experience. 3:

Last Online
    Monday, January 23rd, 2006 @ 07:27 AM
    Subrace
    Norðvestrid/NW. Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    my sister has oak brown hair with blue eyes.. so i'm biased...eye color wins

Last Online
    Friday, August 3rd, 2012 @ 12:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    celto-germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    True, I do not know anything about the genes responsible for eye color.

http://netpet.batw.net/genetics/dog.i.color.html Is this the same thing which some refer to as the "soulless stare" of those with dark eyes?

The linked article mention mentions that eye color correlates with deafness in dogs. This almost supports my assumption that eye color genes might also control other parts of the nervous system.
    Light eyes seem honest and open to me, dark eyed individuals generally project little sense of presence to me, but when the rare individual does, for me it is like the description of the black-dead eyes of a shark in that great final portion of the movie ‘Jaws’, where the shark hunting veteran ‘Quint’ tells his stories.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast