Last Online
    Monday, May 23rd, 2005 @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louhi
    Yes, this is typical propaganda made by Swedes :

Actually Northern Russians have quite a lot of Finnic genes, because the whole area from coast of North Sea to the Urals were once inhabited by Finnic tribes. Then the Slavic expansion absorbed these Finnic tribes. Nowadays nothing else is left of those tribes than some loanwords in Russian, and of course their genes are still living.

Also Scandinavia has a lot of Finnish blood, because the situation was pretty much the same than in Northern Russia.
    It is indicated by recent genetic research results (note genetic differences in table: bigger number = bigger difference, or greater genetic distance).

The state of fenno-ugric (or uralic) minor languages and their speakers is unfortunately declining, and some tribes are already extinct. That is racial tragedy in real, the permanent disappearence of indigenous cultures, languages and their speakers.

Last Online
    Sunday, May 29th, 2005 @ 01:01 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes, this is typical propaganda made by Swedes :

Actually Northern Russians have quite a lot of Finnic genes, because the whole area from coast of North Sea to the Urals were once inhabited by Finnic tribes. Then the Slavic expansion absorbed these Finnic tribes. Nowadays nothing else is left of those tribes than some loanwords in Russian, and of course their genes are still living.

Also Scandinavia has a lot of Finnish blood, because the situation was pretty much the same than in Northern Russia.
    Not quite agree. We have Finno-Ugrian population, mostly in Ural region and on the border with Finland. Most of Northern Russians dont have any Finnic genes in them.

This girl is a perfect example of Finno-Ugrian Russian and its obviously easy to distinguish her from typical Northern Slavic ppl.

~Lena The little Blonde Beast

http://vasil.lipetsk.ru/pic6/5.jpg

Severniy Orel - The Northern Eagle

Konstantin Vasiliev

Last Online
    Thursday, February 12th, 2009 @ 10:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lena_rus
    Not quite agree. We have Finno-Ugrian population, mostly in Ural region and on the border with Finland. Most of Northern Russians dont have any Finnic genes in them.

This girl is a perfect example of Finno-Ugrian Russian and its obviously easy to distinguish her from typical Northern Slavic ppl.
    I'm afraid you didn't quite understand my post

I was talking about genetics and linguistics, not how people look like. You can make all kind of conclusions by handpicking pictures of individuals though...

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm afraid you didn't quite understand my post

I was talking about genetics and linguistics, not how people look like. You can make all kind of conclusions by handpicking pictures of individuals though...
    Ah well.
    Now genes and "how ppl look like" arnt about the same :suomut:
    You said "Actually Northern Russians have quite a lot of Finnic genes" isnt that mean that those "Northern Russians" suppose to look like Finns? Or they should speak Finnish?
    I also posted picture as example, that Slavs and Finns in Russia arnt the same thing.
    Perhaps I didnt really understand your point :

Konstantin Vasiliev

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ah well.
    Now genes and "how ppl look like" arnt about the same
    You said "Actually Northern Russians have quite a lot of Finnic genes" isnt that mean that those "Northern Russians" suppose to look like Finns? Or they should speak Finnish?
    I also posted picture as example, that Slavs and Finns in Russian arnt the same thing.
    Seems to me that we are not talking about the same thing

Northern Russians do have their share of Finnic genes, for the reasons I wrote before.

I really can't say what is typically Russian looking. Russia is a vast country with a lot of ethnic Russians - and numerous ethnic minorities and various mixes of them all. I would say Russians come in many forms and sizes. Some Russians in Northern Europe look like Finns, some Russians instead look like Tatars, some like Meds etc. There is no such thing than typically Russian looking, or typically Slavic looking.

As for the girl in those pictures; I think she's very very pretty. However I would not try to guess her ethnicity from those pictures.

Last Online
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    student
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seems to me that we are not talking about the same thing

Northern Russians do have their share of Finnic genes, for the reasons I wrote before.

I really can't say what is typically Russian looking. Russia is a vast country with a lot of ethnic Russians - and numerous ethnic minorities and various mixes of them all. I would say Russians come in many forms and sizes. Some Russians in Northern Europe look like Finns, some Russians instead look like Tatars, some like Meds etc. There is no such thing than typically Russian looking, or typically Slavic looking.

As for the girl in those pictures; I think she's very very pretty. However I would not try to guess her ethnicity from those pictures.
    In Russia we have different names for Russians - its "Russkie" for ethnic Russians and "Rossijane" for Russian citizens (Tatars, Finno-Ugrians, Balts etc etc). I guess that`s why foreigners can`t usually understand "what is Russian" :icon_razz
    So, those "Russians" who look like Tatars ARE Tatars, not Russkie, but Rossijane (example - Marat Safin). The same thing with other ethnic minoroties.
    For example of "ethnic Russian look" I can post this link for the works of K. Vasiliev, its an illustrations for Russian epic.
    http://www.rusich.by.ru/vasiliev/vas_rusimg.htm

Whats wrong with Vilina Fokina`s pictures btw? :icon1:

p.s. Now im tired to write the word "Russian" ten times for one sentence and going to eat my lunch :icon_razz

stay good

Konstantin Vasiliev

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In Russia we have different names for Russians - its "Russkie" for ethnic Russians and "Rossijane" for Russian citizens (Tatars, Finno-Ugrians, Balts etc etc). I guess that`s why foreigners can`t usually understand "what is Russian" :icon_razz
    In this case, I meant "Russkies" - yes, I'm very aware of the terminology between these two - Like I said, Russians come in many sizes and forms :icon_bigg And Russian from all Slavs are pretty heterogenous people, because of the vast area Russians have inhabited and those areas were not empty when Slavs expanded their territory. This expansion would not have been possible if Slavs didn't absorb the populations that already lived in the area. What makes Russians different from other Slavs, is the amount of Finnic genes in them. This is generally known fact BTW...
    For example of "ethnic Russian look" I can post this link for the works of K. Vasiliev, its an illustrations for Russian epic.
    http://www.rusich.by.ru/vasiliev/vas_rusimg.htm
    I have also become familiar with Vasilievs work, and I like it - I like National Romanticism, though no one beats my favourite, Gallen-Kallela :
    Whats wrong with Vilina Fokina`s pictures btw? :icon1:
    Absolutely nothing. I like her face that are very expressive even if she had no expression on the face. No wonder she's a model

What is her ethnicity exactly? "Finno-Ugric" is very broad term actually. It's as broad term as "Indo-European" - linguistically speaking of course

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2005 @ 01:23 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with Lena, Ruskies are not same than us at all

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Other than Germanic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan-FinnoUgric
    I agree with Lena, Ruskies are not same than us at all
    Ummm... Who has even said so?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2005 @ 01:23 AM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ummm... Who has even said so?
    No one

Just comment for that message:
    :icon_smil

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast