Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denmark rejects headscarf plea

Thumbs Down Denmark rejects headscarf plea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4196497.stm

Denmark rejects headscarf plea

Denmark's Muslims represent the second largest religious group

Denmark's Supreme Court has ruled that a supermarket chain had the right to fire a young Muslim woman for wearing an Islamic headscarf to work.

The woman, who worked as a cashier in the supermarket, claimed damages for discrimination and wrongful dismissal.

But the court said Dansk Supermarked chain was allowed to fire the woman who had signed a contract which banned headgear in front of customers.

Twenty-seven-year-old Najla Ainouz was dismissed from her post in 2001. A supermarket spokesman said the company wanted the appearance of its employees to be in line with its political and religious neutrality. The court accepted that the company had a right to specify the appearance of its employees and that this outweighed their individual right to wear religious garments.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    In Denmark are Muslims allowed to wear their scarfs in school?

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 @ 07:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I don't know, but they are allowed to here. Sikhs can wear turbans in the mounties now, as well. Hooray for trashing one of Canada's longest standing national symbols in the name of "multiculturalism".

Globalization and "internationalism" truly are the agents of genocide.

How can we import some of this Danish justice to Canada? We are a 90% White-Christian European country, yet we bend over backwards for every race and religion with at least two members living here.

I'm glad to see SOME countries are sticking up for themselves on these issues, regardless of the fact they may see large scale rioting if they were to allow these ridiculous changes to their culture.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 18th, 2007 @ 06:36 PM
    Subrace
    Other
    Politics
    Living in the real world
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymaus
    How can we import some of this Danish justice to Canada? We are a 90% White-Christian European country, yet we bend over backwards for every race and religion with at least two members living here.

Ya, maybe 20 years ago. Canada is probably only about 70% white now.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/

Lord Darth Vader

Good News

So we have good news. I hope there will be many like this shortly. A new awakening is needed, before it's too late.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, March 3rd, 2005 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Paladin
    In Denmark are Muslims allowed to wear their scarfs in school?

Yes. Only in France not.

Břndern Ska Gjćnnoppstĺ
    Last Online
    Monday, September 26th, 2005 @ 02:24 AM
    Occupation
    Ósnotr mađr hyggr sér alla vera
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristallnacht
    Yes. Only in France not.
    I was wondering at this; why is it that one of the most "powerful" countries in Europe to-day may behave on grounds of somewhat nationalistic measures and walk about unscathed by p.c. media? The French are known, and always have been, for their arrogant haughtiness, albeit I understand not what allows the French to display such behaviour whilst if a Nordick country was to behave likewise, we would be branded - and are branded- as xenophobic, ill learnt nazis. eyes: I reckon euros may buy "pride" now-a-days but kroner are not good enough. :

Fřrst utvanna saa utrydda

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlingr Hárbarđarson
    I was wondering at this; why is it that one of the most "powerful" countries in Europe to-day may behave on grounds of somewhat nationalistic measures and walk about unscathed by p.c. media? The French are known, and always have been, for their arrogant haughtiness, albeit I understand not what allows the French to display such behaviour whilst if a Nordick country was to behave likewise, we would be branded - and are branded- as xenophobic, ill learnt nazis. eyes: I reckon euros may buy "pride" now-a-days but kroner are not good enough. :
    The French policy of no scarfs has not gone without criticism. Scandinavian countries can do the same. But what's keeping that from happening is the Politicians not the Media. The Media is just a tool of the politicians. The media always reflects whose in charge.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Politics
    Eugenics
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    This verdict is truly astonishing in today's weak, degenerate, multiculti West.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4196497.stm

Denmark rejects headscarf plea

Denmark's Muslims represent the second largest religious group

Denmark's Supreme Court has ruled that a supermarket chain had the right to fire a young Muslim woman for wearing an Islamic headscarf to work.

The woman, who worked as a cashier in the supermarket, claimed damages for discrimination and wrongful dismissal.

But the court said Dansk Supermarked chain was allowed to fire the woman who had signed a contract which banned headgear in front of customers.

Twenty-seven-year-old Najla Ainouz was dismissed from her post in 2001. A supermarket spokesman said the company wanted the appearance of its employees to be in line with its political and religious neutrality. The court accepted that the company had a right to specify the appearance of its employees and that this outweighed their individual right to wear religious garments.

Stig NHF
    Huh? Whats good news about this? Are you in FAVOUR of integration? If you like integration, then I suggest you leave this forum and join whatever "conservative" party is closest available. Integration is our biggest enemy, what we want is immigants that seclude themselves from society, that don't learn the language, that rape women, that kill people, that rob people, that are terrorists and on and on. What do you prefer, these immigrants or the successfull immigrant in an Armani suit with no accent whatsoever and a blond native by his side. This is the dream of the "conservative", but I didn't think I would see it here. :annoysigr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast