Thread: Please explain how to distinguish Borreby from Bruen?

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 6th, 2004 @ 11:53 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Please explain how to distinguish Borreby from Bruen?

Who could explain me please explain how to distinguish Borreby from Bruen?
    Their descriptions seem being quite similar

Last Online
    Monday, July 12th, 2010 @ 12:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Wallonia
    Ancestry
    Wallonia
    Subrace
    WESTISH
    Country
    European Union European Union
    State
    Antwerp Antwerp
    Platonic love
    Politics
    Soral/Zemmour
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Re: Please explain how to distinguish Borreby from Bruen?

brunn is more rugged. borreby is more "jocund", more rounded and lighter haired, the 2 are quite distinguishable IMO.

I tend to think that Brunn are to Atlanto meds what Borrebys are to Alpines, but I may be wrong.

to me Borreby are lighter, overgrown Alpines and Brunn are lighter, overgrown Atlanto meds. (it is not the scientific truth, but just my impression)

Progressive Collectivist
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FRED
    brunn is more rugged. borreby is more "jocund", more rounded and lighter haired, the 2 are quite distinguishable IMO.

I tend to think that Brunn are to Atlanto meds what Borrebys are to Alpines, but I may be wrong.

to me Borreby are lighter, overgrown Alpines and Brunn are lighter, overgrown Atlanto meds. (it is not the scientific truth, but just my impression)
    Thats my impression too. The main difference is, that Bruenn are usually lighter, narrower and brachycephalic.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

There is more involved, both are large-faced but in Borreby we get a tendency to a square face and appearing low, while in Bruenns all mesenity and bizygomatic width isn't able to diminish the impression of a fairly higher face and in some cases we really deal with some archaic, more rugged type of Nordic.
    The link between Atlanto-Mediterrenean and Bruenn is only true in the historical sense that the finds of Brno (incomplete and much debated) beared more resemblance to the high-headed proto-Med. type of Combe Capelle than to the Central European Cromagnids of Mladec and Predmost(low-vaulted) and the AM should be considered as the tall, gracilized derivative of the Capellids.
    Borreby with its sturdy lateral build, brachycephaly and squat-faced characteristics reveals a close affinity to the Epipaleolithic races.
    Facial flatness however indicates a foreign element.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2006 @ 07:08 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nordicist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Appearance-wise, Brünn is an overgrown Nordic, Borreby is an overgrown Alpine. Brünn tends to be dolicho or meso, Borreby is sub-brachy or brachy. As far as pigmentation, one could make correlations, but I believe this may be because of mixing/selection as well. For instance Scandinavian Brünns are more blond than the Irish Brünns.
    Last edited by Nordhammer; Friday, January 2nd, 2004 at 06:38 AM.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Bruenn is longer and lower headed with a more linear build ("gaunt giants"). Borrebys are heavier in muscular bulk and wider in build, especially in the back, hips and legs. Their (Borreby) heads can be straight in the back ("square heads"--no disrespect meant). Borrebys can be blonder around the Baltic. In Ameircan, you can see Borrebys on a televison program called "World's Strongest Men Competition" which are strong-man events. Almost 100% of the contestants are Borrebys and almost all come from extreme-north European countries, even little ones like Iceland are well represented. Needless to say, Borrebys respond well to weight training in terms of total muscular strength. In second place are Bruenns who can excell in some lifts, especially the bench press. As examples: Dr. Werhner von Braun, the rocket scientist ( greatest scientist that ever lived) was a Borreby. Howie Long (the American football player) is a Bruenn. Coon points out that many Irish people look like a mixture of the two. My personal observation is that Bruenn types like outdoor jobs or jobs involving "common sense" or "practical knowledge" at which they are superior to all other races. Borreby types, beyond strength sports, tend to sit at desks or supervise Bruenns at construction sites. Borrebys tend to be confused with Alpines. Bruenns tend to be confused with Nordics. The confusion gets worse in the case of intermediate-looking people (Borreby-Alpine or Bruenn-Nordic "hybirds").

"Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Thursday, October 19th, 2017 @ 10:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    New English
    State
    Vermont Vermont
    Smuggler
    Politics
    Ruralist
    Religion
    Old Mother West Wind
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

[QUOTE=Dr. Solar Wolff My personal observation is that Bruenn types like outdoor jobs or jobs involving "common sense" or "practical knowledge" at which they are superior to all other races. Borreby types, beyond strength sports, tend to sit at desks or supervise Bruenns at construction sites. Borrebys tend to be confused with Alpines. Bruenns tend to be confused with Nordics. The confusion gets worse in the case of intermediate-looking people (Borreby-Alpine or Bruenn-Nordic "hybirds").[/QUOTE]

Very interesting Dr.,

I agree that if there are personality traits that are associated with subtypes, than the Brunn folk are indeed 'outdoorsy'. Around my area, there are many in the local populace who approach a Brunn (somewhat enlarged near-Nordic) look--tallish, ruddy, kind of craggy in facial features, often red of beard and fair of eye. They do tend to be the ones out in the woods during hunting season, they often have a fly rod handy in their Ford or Chevy pick-ups and they can get even the most stubborn of cold-blooded two-stroke engines running at forty below without any gloves on. I fall into this range myself somewhat as I prefer to work with my hands and my mind: tree-work, carpentry and fixing my truck...LOL.

UP types are also excellent Seamen in my opinion. I worked for a number of summers on a tall-ship and the best sailors were almost always ruddy & craggy and had those depigmented eyes for seeing through the fog.

I know, I know, just personal anecdotes so nothing really scientific here...

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 6th, 2004 @ 11:53 PM
    Subrace
    Don't know
    don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    In Ameircan, you can see Borrebys on a televison program called "World's Strongest Men Competition" which are strong-man events. Almost 100% of the contestants are Borrebys and almost all come from extreme-north European countries, even little ones like Iceland are well represented.
    Interesting point! I aslo observed that swimming favours halstatt body type (tall, flat-chested,without extra muscules). You can see a lot of extremely halstatt people in swimming.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 06:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Wonderful point, Henrik. I squandered my youth surfing on a Calif. beach. Surfers are thought of as slender blonds. This is true. Hair tends to bleach out in the sun and most surfers are sub-adults. As such, they resemble Hallstatt Nordics somewhat. In fact what you say is true about swimmers. Nordic alone and in combination with Bruenn make up most watermen. Even lifeguards know this. Once, when I was 13, a series of extremly large waves hit our area. I won't say how large because you would call me a liar. The lifeguards blew their horns and ordered everyone out of the water, then began saving people caught in the rip tide, backwash, etc. I was some way out with two other boys, both also blond. The lifeguards totally ignored us. Being blond, they expected us to survive the longest. They concentrated on pulling out little fat Mexican girls. Actually, there is nothing the lifeguards could have possibly done for us, we almost drowned but we didn't even think to question the lifeguards. It was only years later that I realized that we had been the subject of a sort of discrimination. Little blond boys swim like little black girls dance and that is simply a fact of life.

Back to point, look at Olympic swimmers. Note the number of blonds or partial blonds. Our water polo coach in high school was of Finnish extraction.
    His two sons, both blonds, were Olympic water polo stars.