Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 03:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NormanBlood
    Langue d'oïl is not the same as modern French. Langue d'oïl is a pre-revolutionnary speech which could much easier be compare to Québecois or Acadien than modern Parisian French which was altered drastically by the revolution.
    Langue d 'oil is not the same as modern French but it developed to modern French. It's the mother of modern French.

"Of the langue d'oïl dialects, that of the Paris region gradually supplanted all others as the standard idiom and developed into modern French."

http://www.bartleby.com/65/la/languedo.html

As for Normandy and dolicocephaly, it is not all as rare as you might think. If I can dig up the approximation I will post them.
    That would be good to see. I was not referring to Normandy, but Northeastern France. Normandy is in the northwestern coast of France.

You have to realise that the majority of what we call "Celts" today are not so.
    I realise that perfectly well. That is my opinion. I said that the Bretons have a racially pre-Celtic component. Sometimes the racially least Celtic people of Britain speak a Celtic tongue and those who speak English are seen as quintessential Anglo-Saxons (e.g. those who are partially Belgae descendants in southeastern England). Wales that retained more of the Celtic tongue than anywhere else in Britain has a non-Celtic Neolithic Mediterranid racial component in the northwestern part and an ancient Paleo-Atlantid (e.g. Catherine Zeta-Jones from Swansea) in the southern. Wales is made up essentially of Iron Age Keltic Nordics, but there's a greater contribution of Neolithic Mediterranids than elsewhere in Britain.

Fleure (THE PEOPLES OF EUROPE, 1925):
    "The p-Celtic languages are almost universally associated with the invaders of Britain in the pre-Roman Iron Age (the La Tène period). That these men occupied south-east Britain to a considerable extent there can be no doubt, and it is highly probable that their physical type is far more characteristic of the English plain to-day than of any part of Wales, save probably the Severn valley. Yet it is Wales that talks the p-Celtic language, which may have reached it in Roman times, while the Severn valley and the English plain have taken to English speech. Thus we see how inadvisable it is to speak of language-groups as race-groups."

Last Online
    Thursday, May 7th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    French Canadian
    Ancestry
    Franco-Norman
    Country
    Canada Canada
    Occupation
    University Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Langue d 'oil is not the same as modern French but it developed to modern French. It's the mother of modern French.
    Of course, but that is different than saying it IS the modern French Which you stated in the part which I quoted in my last message. A bit like saying Latin is modern French.

That would be good to see. I was not referring to Normandy, but Northeastern France. Normandy is in the northwestern coast of France.
    ah, ok, I misread your post. Though I may argue that it is North Central anyhoo, disregard my post then as I seem to have suddenly become dislexic lol.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 03:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I agree. I should have said that the Langue d 'oil dialects developed into modern French.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanBlood
    Of course, but that is different than saying it IS the modern French Which you stated in the part which I quoted in my last message. A bit like saying Latin is modern French.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, December 4th, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Classify politician Michel Barnier

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I say, Troender except that while the occiput isn't projecting, it's neither curved or rounded, but 'cut off', retracting, which may indicate either of these racial influences:

- Borreby: but in Borreby the skull is usually large and quite lenghty, and the occiput may project beyond the neck, appearing both compact and steep.
    - Dinaric/Noric: in profile view a very obvious choice to make.
    - Corded/Atlanto-Mediterrenean: there's little else that's determinative Dinaric in Barnier outside the occiput concurrent with a high and short vault, and in the Atl.-Med. race there's a strain of steep occiputs present that via brachycephalization may lead to the typical planoccipitalism or flattened occiput seen in Dinaroids.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, December 4th, 2009 @ 12:38 PM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ironic_weltschmerz
    I say, Troender except that while the occiput isn't projecting, it's neither curved or rounded, but 'cut off', retracting, which may indicate either of these racial influences:

- Borreby: but in Borreby the skull is usually large and quite lenghty, and the occiput may project beyond the neck, appearing both compact and steep.
    - Dinaric/Noric: in profile view a very obvious choice to make.
    - Corded/Atlanto-Mediterrenean: there's little else that's determinative Dinaric in Barnier outside the occiput concurrent with a high and short vault, and in the Atl.-Med. race there's a strain of steep occiputs present that via brachycephalization may lead to the typical planoccipitalism or flattened occiput seen in Dinaroids.
    How about Coon's Anglo-Saxon?I think he's not enough Cromagnid influenced to be Troender, BTW, his beaky nose is IMO a result of the Corded influence, nothing dinaroid in him, IMHO.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadu
    How about Coon's Anglo-Saxon?I think he's not enough Cromagnid influenced to be Troender, BTW, his beaky nose is IMO a result of the Corded influence, nothing dinaroid in him, IMHO.
    Neither has Troender retained too many UP traits or it would be nearly indistinguishable to Bruenn. I admit though that the vault lenght in a second instance is longer than in the average Dinaric, but its height and the steep occiput is imo atypical for either Troender or Anglo-Saxon.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    What was his natural hair colour when younger, does anyone know? Would be interesting to see pics of him from when he was in his 20's, as I believe this is the best age to get an accurate classification... ...

At this stage though, I'm going with Troender, + possibly some Atlanto-Med influence...

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Brown like this guy, most probably.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

« -Oh my God, but you're a neo-nazi?!...
    -But why neo? »

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts