Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cephalic Index and the Nordish Ideal

The poll/thread on cephalic index in this forum made me ponder something. I am genuinely perplexed about why a certain range cephalic indices are idealized.

First, I'll digress. Hypothetically, if someone put a gun to my head and took me to two women, one from China and one from the Ivory Coast, and told me that I must choose one of them to have sex with, I would certainly pick the former. I cannot speak for others, but my common sense tells me that most other racially-conscious Whites see Asians as more attractive than sub-Saharan Africans. Indeed, women on Skadi indicated that they see Asian men as more attractive than sub-Saharan African men. On top of this, any thinking person can see that Mongoloids are immensely superior to Congoids.

With this in mind, I will first reiterate a fact that most here probably know: the Caucasoid range of cephalic indices falls between those of Congoids and Mongoilds, and is higher than the former and lower than the latter. Historically, the ideal has been dolichocephalic White people with fair hair and eyes. I can esily see the rationale for idealizing fair hair and eyes: those traits distinguish one from other human groups, and because they are inherently captivating. However, I am very confused as to why many racially-conscious Whites are proud of their low CIs, or actually envy other Whites who have lower CIs, in light of what I have written so far in this post: dolichocephalic Whites are closer to Congoids in the category of CI than brachycephalic Whites are (who are in turn closer to Mongoloids in this category).

To me, it seems like the Nordish ideal should be a light-haired, light-eyed, brachycephalic UP. Yet dolicocephaly, which borders our less desirable human cousins, is seen as "better" than bracycephaly, which borders our cousins who are far better than the former.

Maybe I am missing something very subtle, but I have no idea what it might be. To me it seems very cut and dry. Will someone shed light on this?

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    First of all, I believe the love for dolichocephaly is mainly because it is a Nordic trait. The lower indices are much more common with fair hair and eyes, as you said are more appreciated than darker types. So the love of low indices may be simply a love for the certain way that type looks. Perhaps you are correct in saying that some brachycephals have a larger brain than dolichocephals, but in my experience the human head form has a tendency of balancing out itself. i.e. dolichocephals with projecting occiputs, and brachycephals with receding occiputs.

Last Online
    Sunday, July 10th, 2005 @ 11:09 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Occupation
    college student
    Politics
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    modern day halstatt is rather submesocephalic. dolichocephaly is more common among meds. but i dont think one can reach a point by applying standard caucasoid cephalic/anthropological data on other sub species regarding distances to each other in terms of cranial similarities etc.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 09:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by axelrod
    modern day halstatt is rather submesocephalic. dolichocephaly is more common among meds. but i dont think one can reach a point by applying standard caucasoid cephalic/anthropological data on other sub species regarding distances to each other in terms of cranial similarities etc.
    Yes, the SNPA website lists some Nordic groups with CIs in the high 70s and even low 80s. So in reality Nordics are mesocephalic on average (maybe because the hypothesized mixing with UPs did in fact take place). It is still perplexing why some Nordicists have idealized dolicocephaly in spite of the fact that Nordics are on average mesocephalic.

Last Online
    Monday, November 15th, 2010 @ 04:14 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Scotland, Ireland, Alcase, Netherlands
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Chemical Engineer
    Politics
    Isolationist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well, there's dolicocephaly and there's dolicocephaly. Extreme dolicocephaly in the case of Congoids is rarely seen, if at all, in Europeans, even in SE. What seems to be preferred is the overall shape of crania. We seem to favor a rounded occiput. The Armenoidal type with its flat occiput is not aesthetically pleasing to me and most others here I'd imagine. However, a wider head than the Nordic looks good as long as it's accompanied by a rounded occiput and longer longitudinal dimension.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 16th, 2005 @ 09:00 AM
    Subrace
    Dinarid-UP-Kelt Nordid-Alpinid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Occupation
    Public sector
    Politics
    Misanthrope
    Religion
    None
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Louky
    Well, there's dolicocephaly and there's dolicocephaly. Extreme dolicocephaly in the case of Congoids is rarely seen, if at all, in Europeans, even in SE. What seems to be preferred is the overall shape of crania. We seem to favor a rounded occiput. The Armenoidal type with its flat occiput is not aesthetically pleasing to me and most others here I'd imagine. However, a wider head than the Nordic looks good as long as it's accompanied by a rounded occiput and longer longitudinal dimension.
    Say you had an Alpine-Nordic woman with long blond hair covering her flat occiput? How would you tell?

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It is easy to tell most of the time. In my opinion longer faces seem more mature, but thats just one of those things you gain in childhood. I think there should be seperate discussion about preference and brain weight/intelligence if that is what is being implied.

Last Online
    Tuesday, June 14th, 2005 @ 03:45 AM
    Occupation
    Student.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was confused by this for a while to. My ownly guess is the scandinavian trait to be longer-headed (which doesn't always mean dolichocephalicy, to my knowledge) or something along those lines.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, September 5th, 2008 @ 07:36 AM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    California California
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Blondism has its highest frequency along the Baltic. In this same area are some of the largest headed and round-headed people in Europe. Black Africans can be long-headed or round-headed. About the only generalization which can be made is that it is hard to find a Mongoloid which is long-headed.

Last Online
    Thursday, November 20th, 2008 @ 09:58 PM
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Solar Wolff
    Blondism has its highest frequency along the Baltic. In this same area are some of the largest headed and round-headed people in Europe. Black Africans can be long-headed or round-headed. About the only generalization which can be made is that it is hard to find a Mongoloid which is long-headed.
    There are at least two dolichocephalic Asian races: Arctic and Pacific types. Paleoasiatic type, so common among Ainu, also tend to longer headed. Contemporary Europe is indeed one of the most brachcephalic continents with brachy center not along Baltic but in Alpine (racial and geographic) region.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast