Sunday, July 5th, 2009 @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Million whites leave South Africa - Study

Making settlements there was a bad idea to begin with.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pro-Alpine View Post
    Making settlements there was a bad idea to begin with.
    I am from Zuid Afrika, and I couldn't agree more - and now of course we are paying for the greed of our ancestors. The only way a South African state can exist for whites is if they secede. The only black party willing to help such a cause (as it supports it for the Zulus) is the Inkatha Freedom Party (as well as the ARM on part of the whites), which is powerless, sadly, vis-a-vis the wretched pseudo-Communist ANC. It is infinitely annoying to have your very country swept from under your feet... and also interesting to observe how racist the blacks have become.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haldís View Post
    Million whites leave SA - study
    24/09/2006 16:37
    By: Peet van Aardt
    http://www.fin24.co.za/articles/econ...518-25_2003186
    That figure seems to be exaggerated. But people I know here, usually will know other people that actually are staying overseas now, esp. UK, CANADA, New Zealand.

Something more promising:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGh4lA1S7yc
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

AW: Million whites leave South Africa - Study

The emigration of whites from South Africa started in the early 1970´s, long before the end of the post-apartheid-state in 1994 and the introduction of an affirmative action policy by the black-majority ANC-government.

As I have already pointed out in my previous contribution to this thread, there hardly existed any `sense of [a white South African] community´ among immigrants from Britain and Mediterranean countries, not even a deep love for the geographic area, as may be observed among ethnic Germans living in Namibia (Namibian Germans usually have a dual loyalty towards Namibia and South Africa due to historical reasons). Such white population groups were only there to enjoy the economic benefits that the country had to offer and there were visible signs from early on that such people would not be prepared to take up arms in the case of any eventuality.

For example, young qualified Jewish adults were the first to leave. In the 1980´s the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg was even said to have introduced a numerus clausus for Jewish students applying to study medicine, because they were known to leave the country after the completion of their studies. If I remember correctly, South Africa (and not the USA) was the first to recognise Israel’s (illegal) `independence´, and in an effort to glorify Israel, the National Party-ruled apartheid regime’s broadcasting corporation exposed its subjects to pro-Jewish, anti-Arab and Zionist propaganda and lies about Nazi Germany. There was also a consistent rumour never denied by the Ministry of Finance that foreign exchange control regulations did not apply to Jews. But despite all these efforts to appease Jews who played a prominent role in liberal politics and in the anti-apartheid movement, the Afrikaans-dominated state never succeeded in gaining acceptance among this particular community, for instance. The number of Jews living in South Africa has dropped significantly from about 120.000 in the early 1970´s to below 80.000 at present.

Many English-speakers seemed to have felt at home only as long as South Africa had a dominion status within the British Empire. During two world wars this country used its own resources to engage in the Anglo-American struggle against Germany, and its English-speakers were quite happy to throw a couple of bombs on Germany’s historical cities during World War II. Things changed when South Africa was excluded from the Commonwealth and became an independent Republic in 1961. The exodus of Whites began a decade later with the onset of political violence.

The former white-run state spent a fortune on certain white groups who only enjoyed the benefits that the Afrikaans-dominated Apartheid-state had to offer. Very few gave something back in return. I do not want to sound bitchy, but where are all these pseudo-liberal whites who wanted political change, but started leaving the country already before the black-majority state was established?

What matters today are those whites that stay on for many different reasons, who take care of their heritage and who contribute towards the upliftment of the entire population, including non-whites. It becomes us to face life in adverse circumstances (Cicero?).

Please click here for the melody of the patriotic Afrikaans song "land van ons vaders" ("Land of our Fathers"):
    http://www.fak.org.za/blerkas/musiek/019.mid

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Adding to what Euhesperides just said:
    * There was some White emigration from SA long before, but this was insignificant and lower then the White immigration figures
    * The NP (under Vorster) exposed some pro-Jewish sentiment. They even were one of the first to ban a Holocaust critical book. I think it was "Did six million really die".
    * Jews were the groups most actively emigrating in the pre 1994 chicken run. One can recognize this btw. by the empty synagogues. There used to be Jews in any hamlet pof the Free State. Today there's only a few pensioners left. Vrystaat is virtually judenfrei . I think the total number of Jews in SA is far less then half of what it used to be.
    * South Africa and "Israel" cooperated concerning nuclear weapons. Most if not all of the uranium for the Israeli nukes came from South Africa.
    * Indeed it is interesting that those Whites paying lip-service to "diversity", "change" and "multi-culturalism" were amongst the first to be "packed for Perth". Actually those Whites were not ideological lefties, all they did was trying to be fashionable. Their action do show, they are as "racist" as anybody else. They chose to live in White areas and sent their children to White school - of course they'd remark that this was about "crime", "services" and not about race.
    * Amongst the Afrikaners the Broederbonders were the influential group mostly in the (para-) state sector. The English were more influential in the commercial sector.
    * While SA was engaged in the wars against Germany, their was a strong opposition against those wars. I.e. Ossewa Brandwag.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Re: AW: Million whites leave South Africa - Study

Quote Originally Posted by Madoc View Post
    Also with such a large White population (more than 5 million at independence versus less than 1/2 million for any other settler society in Africa) & the current immigration laws discriminating against Whites it is difficult for all Whites who want to leave South Africa to do so. If immigrations rules were relaxed in America & the British Commonweath nations for White South Africans I think the number of Whites in that country would probably drop to less than a few hundred thousand very quickly.
    Does this only apply to whites from SA or to whites in general? In any case, it is outright "race discrimination" by the self-appointed multiculturalists, who always claim there is no such thing as "race". I do not understand how these laws could pass any legislative body...

Well, it becomes more and more obvious: it isn't about "equality" at all, also, it isn't about political correctness. It is about the annihilation of the whites... Somebody wants to wipe them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Horagalles
    South Africa and "Israel" cooperated concerning nuclear weapons. Most if not all of the uranium for the Israeli nukes came from South Africa.
    Yes, but this "cooperation" was a one-way-street. The South Africans got little in return, so the Zionist made only full use of them.

Once I had a talk with a Jew. He complained, that some friends of his were much more fortunate, for their ancestors went to the Cap Colony immediately after the Boer War. They could cheaply purchase vast areas, expropriated from the Boers by the British, as reals estate ground...

Last Online
    Sunday, November 12th, 2017 @ 06:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Re: AW: Re: AW: Million whites leave South Africa - Study

Quote Originally Posted by Euhesperides View Post
    Yes, in Namibia, for instance, it is impossible for ethnic Germans without a German passport to return to Germany or to gain permanent residence permit for Germany. Such Germans do not qualify for German citizenship, because their parents or grandparents applied for "naturalisation" in the late 40´s (...) Many Namibian Germans however have three citizenships: Germany (through descent), South Africa (by birth) and Namibia (by birth).
    Can you give exact figures?

Last Online
    Sunday, November 9th, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    England England
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    MYOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: AW: Million whites leave South Africa - Study

Quote Originally Posted by Euhesperides View Post

The former white-run state spent a fortune on certain white groups who only enjoyed the benefits that the Afrikaans-dominated Apartheid-state had to offer. Very few gave something back in return. I do not want to sound bitchy, but where are all these pseudo-liberal whites who wanted political change, but started leaving the country already before the black-majority state was established?
    Good question. The only reason my own family, as well as many other Afrikaaners, left for Europe is due to a fear that ZA would end up like Zimbabwe (which it will, anyway, judging from current trends) - we've often contemplated returning, but the job situation for whites in the nation is horrendous. It wasn't out of any pseudo-liberal pretensions. My family which stayed there was self-employed, and therefore had no problem in staying on.

What matters today are those whites that stay on for many different reasons, who take care of their heritage and who contribute towards the upliftment of the entire population, including non-whites.
    Personally, I'd like to the IFP's plans come into fruition - if a white region within a confederal state or a secessionary white nation forms itself, then I think it might be possible to go back. Orania is an example of a white-only community that currently exists. I mean, we can trade with the blacks - it's just that we don't have to share a state with them to do so.

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Million whites leave South Africa - Study

No, unfortunately not. I should point out that this is a very sensitive issue. The present `German´ government does not care and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs does have hostile attitudes towards Namibian Germans. The Namibian government does not tolerate dual citizenship.

Some 30.000 Germans lived in South West Africa / Namibia in the mid-70´s. Today’s exact figure should be somewhere between 20.000 and 30.000. From independence in 1990 onwards a considerable number of young ethnic Germans applied at the newly established German Embassy for EU-passports to go and work overseas, but many have returned subsequently, as times are getting harder in Germany.

(German) landowning families usually have a dormant South African citizenship. Germans born in South West Africa between 1961 and 1977 (I think) also have a dormant South African citizenship, and therefore qualify automatically for permanent residence in South Africa.

A German passport is not crucial for a German identity in Namibia. All ethnic groups regard Germans living in Namibia as "Germans" regardless of the passport they might hold.

Independence has had some benefits for local Germans. For instance, it was difficult for Germans to make a career in the civil service under the previous Afrikaans-dominated administration with its anti-German attitudes. After 1990, for the first time since the end of the German colonial period in 1915, a few (non-political) Germans have been promoted to high positions in the government and in parastatal organizations.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast