Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kalash people, a last Aryan tribe or a Greek descent folk in the heart of Asia

Last Online
    Friday, February 1st, 2019 @ 07:35 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ancestry
    Spain/Italy/France
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    Other Other
    Single
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: The Kalash people, a last aryan tribe or a greek descent folk in the heart of Asi

More pics (look at the Kalash symbol):

Last Online
    Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 05:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Subrace
    Tydal/Litorid/Nordid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Identitär
    Religion
    Indo-europeisk Traditionalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sv: The Kalash people, a last aryan tribe or a greek descent folk in the heart of Asia

Georges Dumezil, the great scholar of Indo-Europeans, wrote about the closely-related Bashgul "Kafirs" (in Afghanistan) and their religion in this way inArchaic Roman Religion, volume I:

This kind of almost completely demythologized religion, surviving only in rites whose mythological and even theological justification have been forgotten, is seldom found in other parts of the Indo-European world. The most remarkable case is that of the Inidans of the former Kafiristan in the Hindu Kush. This region became Nuristan at the end of the nineteenth century, when the Afghans imposed on it the “light” of islam, nur, with the violence appropriate to this kind of attention. Living in their high valleys, the “Kafirs”, an intelligent and handsome people, had preserved until then an interesting religion, the features of which recall Vedism and which was observed in extremis by an English traveller, Sir George Scott Robertson, whose book is one of the masterpieces of ethnography. Robertson devoted two admirable chapters (23 and 24) to this religion, but he begins by making excuses which an observer of the Roman religion of the final centuries might have made if he substituted Hellenism for Islam and Athens or Rhodes for Chitral.

It must be remembered that the Bashgul Kafirs are no longer an isolated community, in the strict sense of the word. They frequently visit Chitral and have dealings with other Musalman peoples as well. Many of their relatives have embraced Islam without abandoning the ties of relationship. One of the results of this free intercourse with Musalmans is that the Bashgul Kafirs at the present day are very apt to mix their own religious traditions with those of their Musalman neighnours. This greatly confuses matters, and it is hopeless for me to try to write anything final, or even moderately comprehensive, concerning the religion of Kafiristan; a modest record of what I actually saw and actually heard is all that can be attempted. Possibly a better acquiantance with the Bashgul language might have made many things clear to me which now remain dark, and perhaps had my interpreters been better the same result might have followed; but it appears to me that the chief reason why I discovered so little about the Kafir faith is because the Kafirs themselves know so little on the subject. It would seem that in Kafiristan the forms of religion remain, while the philosophy which those forms were originally intended to symbolise is altogether forgotten. This is not, perhaps, surprising in a country in which there are no records of any kind, and everything depends on oral tradition.

The Bashgul Kafirs, or at any rate the younger portion of the community, are inclined to be somewhat sceptical. They are superstitious, of course, but sacred ceremonies are frequently burlesqued or scoffed at when two or three waggish young men get together. Gish (the god of war and of warriors) is the really popular god of the Bashgul youth. In their worship of him there is a great sincerety. A young Kafir once asked me if we English did not prefer Gish to Imra (the Creator), as he himself did, and many Kafirs have expressed their disappointment on learning that Franks knew nothing of Gish.
    The older people are devout in their respect for all the gods, but Bashgul Kafirs seem ready to abandon their religion at any time without much regret. They leave it, as they return to it, chiefly from motives of material advantage, and rarely appear to trouble themselves about religious convictions.

These lines would be an excellent preface to the Fasti of Ovid.

p.58-59

Hail Gish!

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2018 @ 04:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    white
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: The Kalash people, a last aryan tribe or a greek descent folk in the heart of Asi

You can find plenty of those types in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan, certain regions in Afghanistan, and Kashmir..

I don't think the Kalasha have anything to do with the Greeks because there's no genetic evidence for it, even though such claims have been thrown around. Since those areas are some of the most remote in the world (no outside contact, invasions...etc), I think they're the remnants of the Aryans.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 14th, 2018 @ 04:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    white
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pakistani senators from the North West Frontier Province.

Another Pakistani man.

Pretty amazing stuff.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 @ 07:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mediterranean
    Ancestry
    Spain
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    Other Other
    Single
    Occupation
    Pharmacy
    Politics
    Traditional-Conservative
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! Amzing! When you see this, you remember what beautiful would be the world in former times.

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fonze View Post
    You can find plenty of those types in the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan, certain regions in Afghanistan, and Kashmir..

I don't think the Kalasha have anything to do with the Greeks because there's no genetic evidence for it, even though such claims have been thrown around. Since those areas are some of the most remote in the world (no outside contact, invasions...etc), I think they're the remnants of the Aryans.
    The third pic shows a Pashtoon man not a Kalash. As for the Kalash I think you're correct in claiming they have no Greek ancestry, I also believe they are remnants of ancient Indo-European settlers. I think that some Macedonian admixture was found in some surrounding and isollated tribes near the Kalash.

As for those pics, well, Nordid admixture is present at a low level, but is not mayoritary, being the predominant type the Iranid one, which is close to Nordid/Corded though.

And please hide those pics before oslonor sees them and starts claiming the Nordicity of the Persian people... once again!

Last Online
    Monday, August 25th, 2008 @ 09:52 AM
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single, not looking
    Religion
    Angry protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sv: Re: The Kalash people, a last aryan tribe or a greek descent folk in the heart of

she looks exactly like my littlesister when she was younger very baltid

pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Galaico View Post
    The third pic shows a Pashtoon man not a Kalash. As for the Kalash I think you're correct in claiming they have no Greek ancestry, I also believe they are remnants of ancient Indo-European settlers. I think that some Macedonian admixture was found in some surrounding and isollated tribes near the Kalash.
    As for those pics, well, Nordid admixture is present at a low level, but is not mayoritary, being the predominant type the Iranid one, which is close to Nordid/Corded though.
    And please hide those pics before oslonor sees them and starts claiming the Nordicity of the Persian people... once again!
    Do you mean Persians do not have aryan origin? And who is Oslonor?

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Med + Baskid
    Politics
    Atlanticism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacific View Post
    Do you mean Persians do not have aryan origin?
    No, where did I say that?

And who is Oslonor?
    A very annoying guy.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 13th, 2007 @ 05:06 AM
    Doesnt matter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: The Kalash people, a last aryan tribe or a greek descent folk in t

Quote Originally Posted by fonze View Post

This is true. The kalash are probably an indigenous group since the neighbouring people such as the Pashtuns, Wakhis, Hunza(they were proven to be indigenous and they also happen to be the whitest people in teh region) look similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12