Europid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Posthuman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lightbulb Out of Africa / Multiregional synthesis - with Physical Anthropology

There's a theory going around that modern humans are from two sources:
    1. Local Homo erectus populations in Europe and Asia with regional specialization, who'd been living in the area for a long time, hundreds of thousands of years
    2. A wave of "killer sapiens" from out of Africa, sometime more recent, maybe 30 kya

Here's my theory for Europe: I think the pupulations already in Europe were peaceful, mesomorphic or endomorphic, round-headed people. They had SOME continuity with Asian populations. Note that endo/meso morphic body forms are more adapted to a cold climate... Europe was COLD most of the time, still is now.

I think the ones from out of Africa were long-headed, long-bodied (this is a tropical body type, not cold-adapted), aggressive, and warlike. "Killer Sapiens." They might have from from Northeast Africa (would make sense, NE Africans often have long faces/bodies and beaky noses, etc).
    Also: I think that many mtDNA lines in living Caucasians might be from these older Erectus populations; and that many male Y-Chromosome lines might be from the Out of Africa populations.
    I think that the modern subraces that are MOST like the Old Euro Erectus populations would be Alpines, Baltics, Brunns, Borrebys. (But I think all moden subraces are probably mixes of both groups in one variety or another, to some degree).

I think the modern subraces that are MOST like the African invaders are Meds and Nordics. Also note that Meds and Nordics are conventionally considered the most aggressive Euro races. They are the ones who made empires.

This would explain why many primitive Euro subraces have affinities with Asian races: broader or lower-rooted noses at times, almond eyes, round skulls, mesomorphic body form. Even some Brits have that pseudo-asianoid look sometimes.

Last Online
    Friday, December 8th, 2006 @ 02:25 AM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Again we have that odd comment about semi-Mongoloid or pseudo-Mongoloid Brits. You are talking about what some anthropologist call Eurafrican and Eurasian types.