Middle of the Road Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru/ Northern Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Good Yule!

We, DSW (Dear Sweet Wife)& I run and host a Kindred. Yule is probably our biggest Blot & Feast.

We begin, our preps a few days before the Holyday........We thoroughly clean the Stead. We make a big Yule wreath, in the form of a Sun Wheel, from fronds of various evergreeens about our place, spruce, pine cedar, & juniper. We decorate the Yule Tree & the House. I've already taken care of the Brewing. And we lay-in the groceries. The torches are filled and the fire is laid in the fire-bowl, out at the Stone Horg, on the hill.

We hold our Mother Night Blot on 20 December, each year. The Kindred gets here about 7-ish. We Welcome them. And we all visit & chat for an hour or so.
    When it approaches 8:pm, we all gather the Yule Wreath, drinking Horns, Mead, Bolli, Hammer, & Ring, of the Kindred and we quietly make the 60 yard walk, out on the hill, to the Stone Horg.

The Blot is done, in our traditional way, as it has been, since 1995.
    Odin & the Gods are called; the Horns are lifted; Blot Toasts and Sumble Toasts are drank.As part of the Blot, the Wreath is hallowed. It will hang, in the house, throughout the Yule Tide.
    After the Blot we go happily, back to the House, for the Feast.
    We always have the honey baked & spiral sliced ham, with all the side dishes, for a good feast, reminisent of Saerrimnir, the sacred Boar.

Gifts are exchanged. As Gothi & Gythija, of the Kindred, DSW & I always have a little hand-made gift & a bottle of homebrewed Mead for each Kinsman & Kinswoman. The Kids get gifts too. And, we are gifted, as well, cookies, some candies, fruitcake or homebrew.......wholesome little gifts.The company frequently lingers until nearly Midnight.

Throughout the other 12 Nights of Yule , DSW & I do a simple little Blot, each Night, from the back deck of our home, or if we have company, up at the Horg.
    Last year we had company, 5 other Nights of Yule

We do our 12th Night Blot with all the Kindred, on 30 December. This allows Our Kinsmen to be at Home with Family, and off the dangerous roads, on New Years Eve, or partying themselves, if they want.

12 Night Closes Yule and pays Homage, to the Wild Hunt, for us.
    THe Kindred gathers at the usual time.........The Blot is at the Stone Horg, out under the stars, facing the North Star. The Yule Wreath is carried with us & placed on the Horg. After Odin & the Gods are called, Oaths are Sworn on the Wreath. Boasts are made. The Yule wreath is hung on a hook, on a metal pole, primed with spirits and set alight. It burns brightly, a blazing Sun wheel, remembering the Returning Sun, against the Night sky.Then mighty Toasts are drank, to finish the Blot.
    The 12th Night Feast is traditionally Swedish meatballs with rice & vegetables side dishes & several desserts.
    Oh....There is alway a round of good Aqua-Vit offered, before dinner. We celebrate till late.

But not much alcohol is drank. It not safe to be on the roads, that way.

But............That's how we've done our Yule since 1995.

Last Online
    Monday, May 2nd, 2011 @ 03:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    Franco-Norman/Anglo Canadian
    Ancestry
    Normandy; North-West England
    Subrace
    Borreby-DaloFaelid/AngloSaxon
    Country
    Canada Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Married, happily
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsteinr View Post
    We, DSW (Dear Sweet Wife)& I run and host a Kindred. Yule is probably our
    biggest Blot & Feast.
    We begin, our preps a few days before the Holyday........We thoroughly clean the Stead. We make a big Yule wreath, in the form of a Sun Wheel, from fronds of various evergreeens about our place, spruce, pine cedar, & juniper. We decorate the Yule Tree & the House. I've already taken care of the Brewing. And we lay-in the groceries. The torches are filled and the fire is laid in the fire-bowl, out at the Stone Horg, on the hill.

We hold our Mother Night Blot on 20 December, each year. The Kindred gets here about 7-ish. We Welcome them. And we all visit & chat for an hour or so.
    When it approaches 8:pm, we all gather the Yule Wreath, drinking Horns, Mead, Bolli, Hammer, & Ring, of the Kindred and we quietly make the 60 yard walk, out on the hill, to the Stone Horg.
    The Blot is done, in our traditional way, as it has been, since 1995.
    Odin & the Gods are called; the Horns are lifted; Blot Toasts and Sumble Toasts are drank.As part of the Blot, the Wreath is hallowed. It will hang, in the house, throughout the Yule Tide.
    After the Blot we go happily, back to the House, for the Feast.
    We always have the honey baked & spiral sliced ham, with all the side dishes, for a good feast, reminisent of Saerrimnir, the sacred Boar.

Gifts are exchanged. As Gothi & Gythija, of the Kindred, DSW & I always have a little hand-made gift & a bottle of homebrewed Mead for each Kinsman & Kinswoman. The Kids get gifts too. And, we are gifted, as well, cookies, some candies, fruitcake or homebrew.......wholesome little gifts.The company frequently lingers until nearly Midnight.

Throughout the other 12 Nights, of Yule DSW & I, do a simple little Blot, each Night, from the back deck of our home, or if we have company, up at the Horg.Last year we had company, 5 other Nights of Yule

We do our 12th Night Blot with all the Kindred, on 30 December. This allows Our Kinsmen to be at Home with Family, and off the dangerous roads, on New Years Eve, or partying themselves, if they want.

12 Night Closes Yule and pays Homage, to the Wild Hunt, for us.
    THe Kindred gathers at the usual time.........The Blot is at the Stone Horg, out under the stars, facing the North Star. The Yule Wreath is carried with us & placed on the Horg. After Odin & the Gods are called, Oaths are Sworn on the Wreath. Boasts are made. The Yule wreath is hung on a hook, on a metal pole, primed with spirits and set alight. It burns brightly, a blazing Sun wheel, remembering the Returning Sun, against the Night sky.Then mighty Toasts are drank, to finish the Blot.
    The 12th Night Feast is traditionally Swedish meatballs with rice & vegetables
    side dishes & several desserts.
    Oh....There is alway a round of good Aqua-Vit offered, before dinner.
    We celebrate till late. But Not much alcohol is drank. It not safe to be on the roads, that way.
    But............That's how we've done our Yule since 1995.
    It sounds like an absolutely wonderful tradition Grimsteinr. You and DSW are indeed very very lucky to not only have a kindred but the room to host such a wonderful celebration. How wonderful! And such a long tradition (since 1995) now as well! That is truly something to be proud of! I'm quite certain you know how lucky you are, but thought I'd remind you...just in case!

I wish you and your DSW and kinfolk the happiest of Yules!

Frith...Aemma

Last Online
    Thursday, March 29th, 2012 @ 11:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo - Saxon.
    Ancestry
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    [Psychologist]
    Politics
    Patriotic
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    SonnenWende - the great Solstice turning of the year. A fire festival if one can! This is the point of the shortest time of the year - but the sun lingers on the horizon for a few days before it begins to rise again. So indeed - a sacred time - a time for the re-birth of the true Sun of Heaven!

Last Online
    Saturday, August 18th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic American
    Ancestry
    German, Austrian &Swiss
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Grand + Great Grandparent
    Occupation
    Retired Auto worker-QC
    Politics
    Middle of the Road Conservative
    Religion
    Asatru/ Northern Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you.......!

Quote Originally Posted by Aemma View Post
    It sounds like an absolutely wonderful tradition Grimsteinr. You and DSW are indeed very very lucky to not only have a kindred but the room to host such a wonderful celebration. How wonderful! And such a long tradition (since 1995) now as well! That is truly something to be proud of! I'm quite certain you know how lucky you are, but thought I'd remind you...just in case!

I wish you and your DSW and kinfolk the happiest of Yules!

Frith...Aemma
    Hail Aemma,
    We've only been out here on this place, since 2003. Before that at the suburban home in Indianapolis, we had a large, secluded, back yard, where we originallybuilt the Stone Horg. When we moved out here we disassembled it, stone by stone & brought it along.
    It has been a ton of work, over the years. And, I could not do it all without DSW Sharon, to help me. She even helped me, in the building of the Horg. It has over 3 tons of stone. She handled nearly every piece.
    We are indeed lucky, fortunate. to be where we are........We do appreciate that. But, a lot of has just been due to our own, day by day, hard work.
    Anyone else, hoping to "Build the Folk", hoping to do "Right", by the Gods,
    could do the same. It takes but "putting one foot in front of the other",
    doing what needs to be done. We are proud of our Efforts.
    Thank you again.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12