View Poll Results: Would You Donate Sperm or Eggs?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I already have donated sperm/eggs

2 4.65%
  • Yes, I'd donate sperm/eggs

9 20.93%
  • No, I wouldn't donate sperm/eggs

24 55.81%
  • I'd only donate sperm/eggs if certain demands of mine were met

8 18.60%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sperm/Egg Donation, Sperm Banks and DNA Breeding Programs

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sv: Re: Are you a Nordicist?

Quote Originally Posted by RedJack View Post
    That's a very good idea, mate. I'd like to see a private foundation along those lines. They could even have a sperm bank and breeding program.
    Sounds reasonable...

It would be a waste if the superiorist boys did not go together to create a such pool.

I really thought they had for some time already?...

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Are you a Nordicist?

Honesty is overrated. I'm rather manipulative myself.
    You're a cheeky bugger.

That's a very good idea, mate. I'd like to see a private foundation along those lines. They could even have a sperm bank and breeding program.
    Doesn't sound very romantic.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bridie View Post
    Doesn't sound very romantic.
    One would just have to see if there is an actual demand for it, it seems like a practical solution nevertheless, people would be more "free" in their partner selection, or most likely in their selection of no partner at all.
    Then again I wouldn't want to encourage it too much either, but if their is much demand I am not sure if the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RedJack View Post
    Say, wasn't that one of the great things that ‘Britannia’ heroically "liberated" us from when they - and their allies - attacked evil racist/supremacist "Nazi-"Germany?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    One would just have to see if there is an actual demand for it, it seems like a practical solution nevertheless, people would be more "free" in their partner selection, or most likely in their selection of no partner at all.
    Then again I wouldn't want to encourage it too much either, but if their is much demand I am not sure if the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.
    OMG... so you guys were serious?? Sperm bank and breeding program?? Very, very bad idea in my opinion. Children have the right to know both of their parents intimately and to feel special... not like a number created in a production line. Strong and healthy family units must be the foundation of our communities... and "breeding programs" which may make use of "sperm banks" would totally undermine strong, secure, tightly knit, harmonious families.

To disregard the importance of emotional, mental, social and spiritual considerations and consequences would be a big mistake.

Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Children have the right to know both of their parents intimately and to feel special... not like a number created in a production line.
    So you think every child born thorugh artificial insemination is not "special"? Even if this is clearly an act of the willingness of the parents to concieve a child in contrast to the millions of unwanted, but naturally concieved, children?

Strong and healthy family units must be the foundation of our communities... and "breeding programs" which may make use of "sperm banks" would totally undermine strong, secure, tightly knit, harmonious families.
    Good that you put breeding programs in quotation marks, since it is not even clear, nor was it really discussed, how they would look like, and you jump already to some conclusions based on your own idea of it.

To disregard the importance of emotional, mental, social and spiritual considerations and consequences would be a big mistake.
    I specifically said that "I am not sure if the disadvantages outweigh the advantages." Thus I do recognize some disadvantages, yet every coin has two sides and it could be that the advantages are simply stronger for that point.

If people get taught what their race is and what it means, yet can't help themselves than to fall in love with an not really racially pleasing individual, they should have the option to think about artificial insemination.
    The question is how realistic such idea acutally is, I almost doubt it would be used very much, but like Lebensborn made a home for "unwanted" or "accidental" children, such a thing can be a small part of a bigger project.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So you think every child born thorugh artificial insemination is not "special"?
    I think it would be understandable that they wouldn't feel special. To know that their biological father couldn't give a rat's ass about them (or indeed even knows them) couldn't be a good feeling. Kids deserve to be loved by their fathers, and to have an intimate relationship with them. We're talking about ideals here remember... what would be acceptable for instated policy or not.

Even if this is clearly an act of the willingness of the parents to concieve a child in contrast to the millions of unwanted, but naturally concieved, children?
    Again, we're theorising about ideals.... so to compare one bad situation with another bad situation is misleading and quite irrelevant actually.

Good that you put breeding programs in quotation marks, since it is not even clear, nor was it really discussed, how they would look like, and you jump already to some conclusions based on your own idea of it.
    The word "breeding" when applied to humans is actually a fairly emotive term... it implies dehumanisation more to the point, and is quite insulting.

You're right though, specifics weren't discussed... so anyone want to put forth any ideas on what sort of "breeding programs" we'd be talking about here?

I specifically said that "I am not sure if the disadvantages outweigh the advantages." Thus I do recognize some disadvantages, yet every coin has two sides and it could be that the advantages are simply stronger for that point.
    By undermining traditional family structures and values I don't think that the so-called advantages could ever outweigh the social, emotional and mental consequences.

If people get taught what their race is and what it means, yet can't help themselves than to fall in love with an not really racially pleasing individual, they should have the option to think about artificial insemination.
    I disagree. Love is not so rare to come by. If it is a bad match, then they need to put the good of their people ahead of their own selfish desires and not marry undesirable person. Marriage should be considered to affect the couple's family and community, not just themselves... and therefore of concern to all. Rampant individualism in modern times is the only reason that most people hold the opinion that we should all be able to marry whomever we choose, regardless of any negative consequences. Things were not always this way...

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

OMG... so you guys were serious?? Sperm bank and breeding program?? Very, very bad idea in my opinion. Children have the right to know both of their parents intimately and to feel special... not like a number created in a production line. Strong and healthy family units must be the foundation of our communities... and "breeding programs" which may make use of "sperm banks" would totally undermine strong, secure, tightly knit, harmonious families. To disregard the importance of emotional, mental, social and spiritual considerations and consequences would be a big mistake.
    I agree with you on the importance of strong, harmonious families, but do not think such an orientation precludes sperm banks. A couple that is medically unable to procreate could be greatly helped by a germ depository, and if the depositories were to have strict medical requirements for their donors, such banks could certainly be one of the cornerstones of a non-coercive "breeding program" (though I object to that term; we're not cattle, call it population policy or something).

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    I agree with you on the importance of strong, harmonious families, but do not think such an orientation precludes sperm banks. A couple that is medically unable to procreate could be greatly helped by a germ depository, and if the depositories were to have strict medical requirements for their donors, such banks could certainly be one of the cornerstones of a non-totalitarian "breeding program" (though I object to that term; call it population policy or something).
    So what are we talking here then? Nordid woman marries either, a racially incompatible man, or a sterile one, so she hops off to the local sperm bank? I think she'd be better off divorcing him (or not marrying him in the first place, in the case of the racially incompatible man) and marrying someone who'd be suitable to create a family with.

I agree though that "population policy" sounds much better.

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So what are we talking here then?
    As far as I'm concerned, a fairly non-coercive population policy aimed at improving the biological base of mankind.

Nordid woman marries either, a racially incompatible man, or a sterile one, so she hops off to the local sperm bank? I think she'd be better off divorcing him (or not marrying him in the first place, in the case of the racially incompatible man) and marrying someone who'd be suitable to create a family with.
    Racial incompatibility in a marriage will most likely result in mongrelised offspring, rather than the woman hopping to a sperm bank. A germ depository is by and large only relevant in the case of an infertile spouse (or the case of single parenthood, or a homosexual relationship; whether germ depositories should provide in such cases is worth a discussion of itself), a condition often only discovered after marriage. The couple is then most likely in love, and in many cases not willing to break up over infertility. A germ depository is a solution in such a case, and if there were sound donor regulations it would have a decidedly eugenic quality as well. I don't have a real objection to such programs; though I acknowledge it is better for child and parents to conceive in a more traditional way, the alternative (namely, no children at all) could be even worse. I think the gobal demographics are bad enough as they are without closing down the option of germ depositories for our people.

I agree though that "population policy" sounds much better.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast